Sign in to follow this  
Traveler

COVID-19 Dept

Two things have been happening with the pandemic.  First - governments have been shutting down their economies in efforts to stop the pandemic.  This shutting down has had significant impact on the world economy as businesses are going bankrupt.   Second - governments have been increasing their money supplies and borrowing money in efforts to save their economy.  60% of the world debt related to COVID-19 is being financed by China - according to the World Bank data.

Both Trump and Liberals want much more stimulus.  But the difference is that Trump wants to open up the country's economy and the Liberal want to keep it shut down.  There is an economic war going on and if the Liberals take control of the economy in the next election - I believe the economic war will be lost to China - who know what that will mean.  Regardless, I wonder if we will soon face a world economic collapse and a depression worse than when the stock market failed.   It is also my belief that the only thing preventing a civil war in the USA is the need for greed.  With a depression the riots will definitely make matters worse.  But this may be a great opening for religious corporation.   I think things will both get better and worse.  It will be a great time to be loyal to covenants.

The Traveler

14 hours ago, Traveler said:

It is also my belief that the only thing preventing a civil war in the USA is the need for greed.

I would be interested if you could expand on this topic a little more. How do you believe greed plays into things?

7 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

I would be interested if you could expand on this topic a little more. How do you believe greed plays into things?

The result of greed is debt.  This country and most people are so in debt that they cannot abandon their jobs for fear of losing means to pay for and continue their debt.   When the economy become so disrupted that those in debt cannot pay their bills - the result will create such hate that the people of this country will easily be manipulated into war.  This cycle is a fundamental warning of the Book of Mormon. 

The Traveler