The second coming is in March

Fether

Some of my friends have recently been obsessed with this new video out out by a Latter Day Saint on the second coming. I’ve always been uninterested and frankly annoyed by any claims to predict the second coming or becoming enthralled with signs of the times. I’ve always found that those who put time into obsessing on the second coming tend to do so, ironically, at the expense of living all other aspects of the gospel.

I promised one of my friends I would humor him and watch the video... I have to say, despite by biased against this topic, it is quite interesting. It lacks many of the typical things you expect to hear when watching YT videos like this. At its worst he is inviting everyone to repent and prepare for the second coming or Christ (supposedly this coming spring).

Does anyone know anything about this guy and if he has had things like these in the past? He seems to be just some random Saint that made a YT account just for this occasion.

I recognize most people won’t listen to the whole thing, but for those that do... thoughts?

Edited by Fether

I am not familiar with this guy, but from my mission and since I have been home I have run into a couple of people who follow this line of thinking. That the scriptures reveal the time and date for Christ to come.

I would still have to go though with Christ's words, the author and finisher of our faith. We have signs for sure that will give us when, if we are prepared (i.e. I only care about the two prophets in Jerusalem -- I will start my repentance then for three days and two/three nights ;) ), the day really doesn't matter. We will be ready.

Edited by Anddenex

I didn't go through the whole thing but just skipping through it I find that oddly it is very very similar to one I watched just yesterday which has gotten a lot of views for this type of thing. Though this other one just says the Second Coming is before 2033. I will link it if I can figure it out. But either way I found some of the things very intriguing. A lot has happened and is happening that could possibly be fulfillment of prophecy but there is still much that needs to take place. Things are definitely getting hastened though so it's hard to know timing.

https://youtu.be/Klg4aj7C5vk

Elder Russell M. Ballard - 1996 BYU Devotional

So, can we use this scientific data to extrapolate that the Second Coming is likely to occur during the next few years, or the next decade, or the next century? Not really. I am called as one of the apostles to be a special witness of Christ in these exciting, trying times, and I do not know when He is going to come again. As far as I know, none of my brethren in the Council of the Twelve or even in the First Presidency know.

And I would humbly suggest to you, my young brothers and sisters, that if we do not know, then nobody knows, no matter how compelling their arguments or how reasonable their calculations.

The Savior said that “of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only” (Matthew 24:36). I believe when the Lord says “no man” knows, it really means that no man knows. You should be extremely wary of anyone who claims to be an exception to divine decree.

23 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I was looking for this very quote actually. 

It is an incredibly interesting video he made, but I worry the excitement of it distracts from what the goal is on this.

my stance he always been “my judgment day comes when I die”, so I try to prepare for that day

41 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Totally agree. And yet we are still commanded to study these things so we will recognize them when they happen. It only becomes problematic when someone tries to take what has happened and then project into the future. So when people like this make these videos or write books I am far more interested in how they interpret current and past events though it's still a good idea to approach it with a healthy dose of skepticism. Likewise any extra motivation a person may get by being told the Second Coming is soon will be very short-lived as that is not a sufficient foundation to build real change on. And if we aren't becoming better as a result of what we learn then what's the point.

I know for a fact that the second coming will happen sometime within the next 6000 years!

Anyway, I'm holding all estimations until after the election and the potential societal outcry ensues.  If Trump wins, the Ezra's Eagle people will be watching hardcore to see if he dies or gets assassinated prior to the end of his 2nd term.

27 minutes ago, person0 said:

If Trump wins, the Ezra's Eagle people will be watching hardcore to see if he dies or gets assassinated prior to the end of his 2nd term.

I know people in my own ward that fall into this camp with bated breath.

I frankly don’t believe that the scriptures were written with the level of deliberation/precision/stylistic consistency/linguistic consistency/narrative “tightness”, that would justify the sort of hyper-literalistic and hyper-legalistic approach that underlies the timelines most folks propose.

It's hidden in plain sight in the Doctrine and Covenants, for those who know where to look. Section 1 contains the letter "m". Section 2 contains the letter "a". Section 3 contains the letter "r".

But I've said too much already.

Edited by Vort

14 hours ago, Fether said:

Some of my friends have recently been obsessed with this new video out out by a Latter Day Saint on the second coming. I’ve always been uninterested and frankly annoyed by any claims to predict the second coming or becoming enthralled with signs of the times. I’ve always found that those who put time into obsessing on the second coming tend to do so, ironically, at the expense of living all other aspects of the gospel.

I promised one of my friends I would humor him and watch the video... I have to say, despite by biased against this topic, it is quite interesting. It lacks many of the typical things you expect to hear when watching YT videos like this. At its worst he is inviting everyone to repent and prepare for the second coming or Christ (supposedly this coming spring).

Does anyone know anything about this guy and if he has had things like these in the past? He seems to be just some random Saint that made a YT account just for this occasion.

I recognize most people won’t listen to the whole thing, but for those that do... thoughts?

I just watched it... And no it does not say that the second coming is this spring/march.   Such a statement is a misrepresentation of what it does say.

2 hours ago, estradling75 said:

I just watched it... And no it does not say that the second coming is this spring/march.   Such a statement is a misrepresentation of what it does say.

At the end he narrows down his prediction to March or early April. But that’s besides the point. I named this thread that only because that is what my friends were saying to me

14 minutes ago, Fether said:

At the end he narrows down his prediction to March or early April. But that’s besides the point. I named this thread that only because that is what my friends were saying to me

He does narrow down 'a' prediction... But your friends are saying and what you wrote are not the what his prediction was.  His second coming guesstimate is some time around 2024.  For the Second Coming to be this Spring he would need to point out the two currently active Prophets defending Jerusalem with miracles who are going to die in the spring.  He did no such thing.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with what he said or his 'predictions.'  But I do have a problem attributing to him and attacking things he did not say or predict.

19 hours ago, Fether said:

I will give some thoughts.  First there are three events that are often thought as being a singular event.  First is the beginning of the Millennium or 1,000 years of peace.  The second is the End of the World or destruction of the wicked and third is the coming of the Messiah in power and glory.  From Latter-day revelation we understand the 7 dispensations (7 seals) reveres to basically 1000 years.  The problem is that our current calendar is screwed up.  The year 2000 was not 2000 years after the birth of Christ.  It is off by at least 4 years and could be much more than that (after all the calculations I have made since Adam fell - there is a discrepancy of 70 to 250 years to exactly determine the ushering in of the Millennium.   

Also there is a great deal of symbolism in numbers - the problem is that numbers do not always mean what we think from our modern interpretations.  For example the ancient reference to "7" does not always mean the real number 7.  An example is in Genesis when Pharaoh's dream was interpreted as 7 years of plenty and then 7 years of drought.  A better example of misunderstanding numbers is when Jesus spoke of forgiving 7 times 70.  It did not mean that after 490 times we can quit.

My thought about the signs in the heavens.  I find it interesting that the greatest sign in heaven was the star at the birth of Jesus.  It is interesting because no one among the Jews had a clue about the star - even after it appeared in the sky.  The only ones that seem to grasp the sign were from the East and from all accounts may not even been of Hebrew or Israel decent.   One thing for sure is that they did not get their revelation from any scripture included in our current Bible.   This fact should brother Traditional Christians but I have not encountered even one that is concerned or cares.

Whenever we get into discussing the 2nd coming the biggest concern is that we are not to know when it will happen.  It is my personal opinion that such thinking is greatly flawed.  I think the Saints of G-d will have a much better idea that what most scripture scholars seem to think - especially in reference to "No man knows the hour or the day".  I would ask what hour and what day is it right now?  If you think you know what hour and what day it is - you are wrong for well over 95% of the world.  Anciently there was no concepts of time zones and an international date line.  Rather than try to explain things that could not possibly be understood - rather than give a day and hour - Jesus told us not to try to even try to define his coming that way.

I am personally quit sure that Passover is not something just important to Jews and that if we are in touch with spiritual things - Passover time is of much more critical spiritual importance than Christmas time.  Every year we should expect something of spiritual importance in the spring - specifically around Passover time.  If there is ever a time of drought (no rainbow) leading up to Passover - For sure - you ought to be ready.  

Now I would say my thought about what our fellow Christians call the "Rapture" or being caught up into Heaven. I have often speculated this is not at all what our fellow Christians are thinking.  I am more of the mind that what is being spoken about is a voluntary visit to the temple.  I also believe that being "Translated" is a temple ordinance.  What I do not know for the obvious reason but I speculate that it is like unto having one's calling and election made sure.  My point here is that those that are not temple worthy will not be called up into Heaven to meet Christ but will suffer "All the Sorrows" with the wicked.

In conclusion - I liked the video.  I think there is value to the video and that everyone should watch it.  But it is not complete - not even close.  If the video does not convince you to change something in your life - I do not believe you understand spiritual things.

The Traveler

Happy to see another prediction of end times giving a specific time frame.  I'll do what I always do when I hear such predictions:

Someone bet me!  I have ten bucks that says the second coming will not occur by end of April, 2021.  Who wants to bet?

Edited by NeuroTypical

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Someone bet me!  I have ten bucks that says the second coming will not occur by end of April, 2021.  Who wants to bet?

The nice thing about that kind of bet is that if you’re wrong, you’ll no longer be around to pay up (you being a gambler, and the earth being cleansed by burning and all . . .)  :satan:

People need to stop worrying about when the Second Coming is going to happen and spend time preparing themselves for the stuff that precedes the Second Coming.  There are a lot of events, many of them catastrophic, that we have to go through loooong before the Second Coming occurs.

Edited by mirkwood

12 hours ago, mirkwood said:

People need to stop worrying about when the Second Coming is going to happen and spend time preparing themselves for the stuff that precedes the Second Coming.  There are a lot of events, many of them catastrophic, that we have to go through loooong before the Second Coming occurs.

I would point out that there is a stunning contrast between events surrounding the Saints as opposed to "the world".  May I suggest reading the words of song from our pioneer ancestors in the song "Come come ye Saints."  When I reviewed the video it appeared to me that the time frame was a suggestion - not a forgone conclusion.  A suggestion that we consider the possibility that in consideration of the signs being given - the time foretold is close at hand.  We can analyze the flaws (which are many) - but that is not the point - the point being that both the signs and the words of the prophets is that the time is drawing near.

If someone were to have predicted what has occurred this year at this point last year - I would not have believed a word of it.

The Traveler

3 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

President Nelson has mentioned the Second Coming more than any other prophet.  That should tell you something.

The signs of the last days are all around us if you look.

Indeed...  The scriptures say we will not know the day or the hour... and any update to that would have to come through the prophet. 

But the scriptures also say that for those that are faithful an watching we will know the time much the same way a pregnant woman knows when she is about to give birth.

As for the video, the guy makes it clear that he only represents himself (not the church).  He does not appear to be trying to sell us anything, his take a ways appear to be general call to be prepared which is hard to argue with.  The points he makes while debatable are not wholly unreasonable or way out there from the standard church teachings.  He also very clearly uses "IF" a whole lot when making his points, which would seem to indicate that he is fully aware of the level of speculation he is operating at.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:10 AM, person0 said:

I know for a fact that the second coming will happen sometime within the next 6000 years!

Anyway, I'm holding all estimations until after the election and the potential societal outcry ensues.  If Trump wins, the Ezra's Eagle people will be watching hardcore to see if he dies or gets assassinated prior to the end of his 2nd term.

I think if Jesus was born in the meridian (division) of time, and there was 4,0000 years before he came; then there will be 4,000 years after his coming.

It is now about 2,020 years from his birth, we also will have 1,000 years of peace followed by a 'short season' afterward. 

4,000 + 2,020+ 1000= 7,020

Therefore, the second coming will happen at some point in the next 980 years.