The second coming is in March

Fether

On 10/26/2020 at 10:56 PM, Fether said:

Some of my friends have recently been obsessed with this new video out out by a Latter Day Saint on the second coming. I’ve always been uninterested and frankly annoyed by any claims to predict the second coming or becoming enthralled with signs of the times. I’ve always found that those who put time into obsessing on the second coming tend to do so, ironically, at the expense of living all other aspects of the gospel.

I promised one of my friends I would humor him and watch the video... I have to say, despite by biased against this topic, it is quite interesting. It lacks many of the typical things you expect to hear when watching YT videos like this. At its worst he is inviting everyone to repent and prepare for the second coming or Christ (supposedly this coming spring).

Does anyone know anything about this guy and if he has had things like these in the past? He seems to be just some random Saint that made a YT account just for this occasion.

I recognize most people won’t listen to the whole thing, but for those that do... thoughts?

Far too many pre Second Coming prophesies are yet to be fulfilled for the Second Coming to happen in five months. Any knowledgeable Latter-Day Saint would know these ideas are untrue.

11 hours ago, Jersey Boy said:

Far too many pre Second Coming prophesies are yet to be fulfilled for the Second Coming to happen in five months. Any knowledgeable Latter-Day Saint would know these ideas are untrue.

He did not claim the second coming is in March. He set up a hypothetical foundation to test how it might happen, when it happens.  I actually watched it all the way through. He was suggesting we should take it seriously that it will happen someday and we should prepare. 

That being said, He is a follower of Jodi Stoddard who in turn is a follower of Mike Stroud, excommunicated for heresy and false teaching. 

ALARM, ALARM, ALARM. Don't be succored in by another apostate.

Edited by Emmanuel Goldstein

8 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

He did not claim the second coming is in March. He set up a hypothetical foundation to test how it might happen, when it happens.  I actually watched it all the way through. He was suggesting we should take it seriously that it will happen someday and we should prepare.

Indeed... If his guesstimates are correct then this Spring will be very very interesting, and it will narrow the bounds for when the second coming could be but it would not be the second coming itself.

8 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

That being said, He is a follower of Jodi Stoddard who in turn is a follower of Mike Stroud, excommunicated for heresy and false teaching. 

ALARM, ALARM, ALARM. Don't be succored in by another apostate.

I was not aware of this.  My comments were strictly based on the video and nothing else.

Having said that, there are those that start off strong... but as they gain followings as people turn to them as a light instead of Christ... they gradually become corrupt and apostate.  Will this/has this happen here?  I do not know and I make no such claim. But rather it is something else to watch for.

19 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Indeed... If his guesstimates are correct then this Spring will be very very interesting, and it will narrow the bounds for when the second coming could be but it would not be the second coming itself.

I was not aware of this.  My comments were strictly based on the video and nothing else.

Having said that, there are those that start off strong... but as they gain followings as people turn to them as a light instead of Christ... they gradually become corrupt and apostate.  Will this/has this happen here?  I do not know and I make no such claim. But rather it is something else to watch for.

My concern was raised when he started talking about the Quickening. I was not aware that the Highlander was part of the Gospel. All jokes aside though, the quickening just sounds like another version of the Rapture; both are not doctrinal. Although there was some good stuff in this video, I become concerned when members start taking the Book of Revelation too literal and promote a false timeline to other members. I will stick with the counsel of the Prophet and Apostles and listen for the guidance they provide.

31 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

My concern was raised when he started talking about the Quickening. I was not aware that the Highlander was part of the Gospel. All jokes aside though, the quickening just sounds like another version of the Rapture; both are not doctrinal. Although there was some good stuff in this video, I become concerned when members start taking the Book of Revelation too literal and promote a false timeline to other members. I will stick with the counsel of the Prophet and Apostles and listen for the guidance they provide.

Its not hard to understand the use of such terms when the Doctrine and Covenants (which is his source) uses the term Quickened and Caught Up.  His interpretation is his own of course.

I am all for members following the counsel of the Prophet and Apostles to personally study the scriptures and ponder them.  When doing this the subject of the 2nd coming is absolutely valid, and some people's study can involve creating timelines.  So none of that bothers me.  I am more concerned about the public responses to such effort.  We have a clear demonstration in this thread of people accepting it while clearly demonstrating they did not really get it or do there own studies by the false statements that were made concerning it.

58 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Its not hard to understand the use of such terms when the Doctrine and Covenants (which is his source) uses the term Quickened and Caught Up.  His interpretation is his own of course.

I am all for members following the counsel of the Prophet and Apostles to personally study the scriptures and ponder them.  When doing this the subject of the 2nd coming is absolutely valid, and some people's study can involve creating timelines.  So none of that bothers me.  I am more concerned about the public responses to such effort.  We have a clear demonstration in this thread of people accepting it while clearly demonstrating they did not really get it or do there own studies by the false statements that were made concerning it.

Agreed - there is an old saying - don't criticize anything you cannot improve or do better.

The Traveler

I didn't watch the entire video. Did he ever specify which "Coming" he was talking about? Was it the official Second Coming or one of the other appearances like at Adam-ondi- Ahman or Jerusalem or was that never specified?

Edit: I finally watched the rest of the video. I will post my thoughts below.

Edited by laronius

Recently I saw someone reference the possibility of their being two periods of a half hour of silence. I didn't give it a second thought but now after studying Revelation 8 and Doctrine and Covenants 88 where the half hour of silence is both spoken of I am beginning to think there may be some substance to that argument. In Revelation 8 the half hour of silence appears to precede the woes poured out upon the Earth by the angels whereas in the D&C the half hour of silence appears to follow the destruction the angels bring. And then it's immediately following the second half hour of silence that the Lord appears. To me this makes sense because what's the point of scaring the inhabitants of the world half to death if we are not then allowed the chance to go preach the gospel to them? If this is correct and the half hour of silence is roughly 21 years then that means we are just now entering the period of the woes being pronounced upon the Earth. Yay for us.

I accept that there might be some difficulty in trying to calculate the hour or the day of the second coming. I'm not as convinced that it would be equally difficult to calculate the month or the year. The scriptures are very specific in referring only to the hour and the day. 

On 10/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

The rapture is doctrinal, although in the Church of a Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints it is not called the rapture and happens at the time of the Second Coming when all worthy saints are resurrected and “caught up” to meet the Savior in the air just before he descends to earth and destroys the wicked.

9 hours ago, Jersey Boy said:

The rapture is doctrinal, although in the Church of a Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints it is not called the rapture and happens at the time of the Second Coming when all worthy saints are resurrected and “caught up” to meet the Savior in the air just before he descends to earth and destroys the wicked.

The way modern Christians describe the so called Rapture is not doctrinal. There will be no Quickening before the second coming of Christ. That will happen when the earth is burned.

2 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

The way modern Christians describe the so called Rapture is not doctrinal. There will be no Quickening before the second coming of Christ. That will happen when the earth is burned.

I agree that modern Traditional Christians have a concept call the Rapture that is different from what has been given in modern revelation.  However, from modern revelation I believe that we have indication of quite a bit of "quickening" that has taken place in history.  Some examples; The city of Enoch, The city of Salem, the 3 Nephits and the Apostle John.  I have speculated that there may be others - especially from scriptural statements that a particular generation will not all pass away before the Messiah returns.  My speculation is that many years beyond a normal life time could pass because someone of that generation was "quickened" or translated.

I have pondered what it is to be translated or quickened.  I speculate that this is a priesthood ordinance and covenant with G-d.  Perhaps an ordinance of such sacred nature that it could be considered a temple ordinance that is not widely spoken of but reserved for a few.  Having listened to the video - I have pondered if what was being referenced was something to occur in a temple.  That the concept of being caught up to heaven is symbolic in part to meeting the Christ at his temple.  As I have pondered temple worship I have long had the impression that the primary purpose of the temple is to prepare us to meet the Father and his Son face to face.

The Traveler

37 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I agree that modern Traditional Christians have a concept call the Rapture that is different from what has been given in modern revelation.  However, from modern revelation I believe that we have indication of quite a bit of "quickening" that has taken place in history.  Some examples; The city of Enoch, The city of Salem, the 3 Nephits and the Apostle John.  I have speculated that there may be others - especially from scriptural statements that a particular generation will not all pass away before the Messiah returns.  My speculation is that many years beyond a normal life time could pass because someone of that generation was "quickened" or translated.

I have pondered what it is to be translated or quickened.  I speculate that this is a priesthood ordinance and covenant with G-d.  Perhaps an ordinance of such sacred nature that it could be considered a temple ordinance that is not widely spoken of but reserved for a few.  Having listened to the video - I have pondered if what was being referenced was something to occur in a temple.  That the concept of being caught up to heaven is symbolic in part to meeting the Christ at his temple.  As I have pondered temple worship I have long had the impression that the primary purpose of the temple is to prepare us to meet the Father and his Son face to face.

The Traveler

OK, you may be right. But, this guy is not right in how and when it will happen.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

The Saints will be “caught up” to meet in the Lord at his Second Coming. So there actually is going to be a ‘rapture type’ event, but it will not be the escape from that the Evangelicals think it is.

96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.

97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven. (D&C 88)

Edited by Jersey Boy

On 11/3/2020 at 7:03 AM, Jersey Boy said:

The Saints will be “caught up” to meet in the Lord at his Second Coming. So there actually is going to be a ‘rapture type’ event, but it will not be the escape from that the Evangelicals think it is.

96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.

97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven. (D&C 88)

Yeah, isn't that what I said?

On 11/2/2020 at 7:05 AM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

7 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Yes and no.   Modern Christians are basing their interpretation on scriptures but lack modern revelation. Members have modern scripture, but there is no "Thus Saith the Lord" time line of the events around the second coming beyond the scriptures.  Thus our membership's speculation is just as much non doctrinal.

Take for example D&C 88:95 which places verse 96 and 97 right after the silence in Heaven Ends.  The Book of Revelation has a lot of things that happen between the End of Silence in Heaven and the Second Coming.  So is D&C 88:95 talking about a "Second" Silence in Heaven right before the Second Coming?  Or is it talking about the Book of Revelation Silence in Heaven?  Depending  on where you think it goes it changes how you view verse 96 and 97.  One way sounds very Rapture Like the other sounds very Judgment/Resurrection like.  Both are speculative and non doctrinal with out knowing if the Section 88 and the Book of Revelation are talking about the same Silence in Heaven.

7 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Yes and no.   Modern Christians are basing their interpretation on scriptures but lack modern revelation. Members have modern scripture, but there is no "Thus Saith the Lord" time line of the events around the second coming beyond the scriptures.  Thus our membership's speculation is just as much non doctrinal.

Take for example D&C 88:95 which places verse 96 and 97 right after the silence in Heaven Ends.  The Book of Revelation has a lot of things that happen between the End of Silence in Heaven and the Second Coming.  So is D&C 88:95 talking about a "Second" Silence in Heaven right before the Second Coming?  Or is it talking about the Book of Revelation Silence in Heaven?  Depending  on where you think it goes it changes how you view verse 96 and 97.  One way sounds very Rapture Like the other sounds very Judgment/Resurrection like.  Both are speculative and non doctrinal with out knowing if the Section 88 and the Book of Revelation are talking about the same Silence in Heaven.

And all this time I thought the silence in heaven is because there are no women there????  😉

The Traveler

Anyone who is prediciting that the Second Coming will happen in March is crazy.

When I was a kid I always thought that it would happen during General Conference and everyone not watching would be burned.  That means that it will happen in April or October.

12 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

You confuse me because you say, “that is when the earth will be burned.” The burning of the earth is usually associated with the transformation of this planet into a celestial world, an event that will take place sometime after the millennium. It seems as if you might be conflating the burning of the wicked at the time of the Second Coming with that day when all the elements of the earth will be burned with fervent heat as  part of the process that will change the earth into a heavenly abode.

Edited by Jersey Boy

16 hours ago, Jersey Boy said:

You confuse me because you say, “that is when the earth will be burned.” The burning of the earth is usually associated with the transformation of this planet into a celestial world, an event that will take place sometime after the millennium. It seems as if you might be conflating the burning of the wicked at the time of the Second Coming with that day when all the elements of the earth will be burned with fervent heat as  part of the process that will change the earth into a heavenly abode.

When Christ returns the earth will be burned to cleanse it; the baptism of fire. That is the burning I am referring too. The burning of the wicked is not, nor to I remember it ever being associated with the Celestialization of the Earth. 

On 11/4/2020 at 12:56 PM, estradling75 said:

About these verses

95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the 
curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord 
shall be unveiled;

96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet 
him.

97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they 
also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven

Does verse 97 happen before verse 96?

On 11/12/2020 at 7:13 AM, JohnsonJones said:

Did they suddenly build a temple in Jerusalem?  If not, will there one be built there prior to March?

Just a thought or perhaps speculation.  There will be two great temples.  One in Jerusalem and one in Zion or the New Jerusalem.  It is speculation on my part that the great city of Enoch was where the temple of Zion (Missouri) is to be built.  Again it is my speculation that another great city called Salem (over which Melchizedek rained as king) was at the spot where Jerusalem  (and the temple lot) is today.  And so I speculate that when the City of Enoch and Salem returns - that it could be quite quick.  Perhaps within a single day.  And that when those cities return; that they will return with their Temples. 

From my understanding. no one is suggesting that the second coming will be this next March - April timeframe.  I do not think it will occur so soon.  But all this is speculation.  My point of this post is to not procrastinate.  That if there is not enough "oil" on one's lamp that they prepare such necessities now (this very day).  Perhaps no later than by next March-April of the coming spring.  I personally think that speculating that the 2nd coming will be later than what is actual - to be much more foolish than speculating that it will occur sooner than what will be.  And yet we tend to mock more those that prepare too early rather than those that speculate and procrastinate a date which is too late. 

The Traveler