Sign in to follow this  
kathyleen

Friends with benefits

1 hour ago, kathyleen said:

What do you think about friends with benefits in our time?

What exact benefits are you inquiring about, specifically?
Sharing cookware, driving each others kids to school, repair favors OR do you mean casual sex with someone without being married to them?

Assuming the latter option (casual sex with someone without being married) is what you are really referring to, our Father in Heaven via Church leaders have given us the follow directive found in The Family Proclamation:

We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

Edited by NeedleinA

First of all, I think we should call it what it is. Let’s not try to soften up the terms as the worldly do to try to make it sound like something good. It’s not. So your real question is: What do you think about fornication in our time?

My answer: I believe that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He doesn’t change (see Malachi 3:6). When He condemns fornication in the Bible, it’s not just for those times. It’s for today and tomorrow and forever. Fornication is never okay.

8 hours ago, kathyleen said:

What do you think about friends with benefits in our time?

I'm all for it, so long as the friends are of opposite sex and are married to each other. That's one of the benefits of marriage.

If I am not mistaken, most major Christian groups remain opposed to premarital sex. In fact, within all the observant Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam), the standard remains abstinence before marriage. There are exceptions, but many traditional societies uphold abstinence as a societal good. Our righteousness should exceed that of our neighbors, right?