Well Look Who I Found Lurking At The Forums?

pushka

Hi Everybody,

I got an invite to join this message board yesterday, and am overjoyed to see so many people here who I already know from the forums over at LDSTalk...

I've been busy adding some to my list of friends, just to let them know that I'm here...Sorry if I've missed anybody out who wanted to be on my friends list...just give me a shout and I'll add you too.

I'm not a Mormon, though I did attend the mormon church for 5 years when I was in my mid teens...many eons ago...I never got round to being baptised, though, and have not found a strong enough belief in the doctrines since then, to make me consider being baptised now. I do miss the companionship that I had at the church all those years ago.

I'm a divorced mother of 2 teenagers, absolutely adore cats!!! and hanging around at religious forums...

There's more to know, but I'll keep that for PMs...

The forums over here look interesting so I'm glad to add this as my 2nd regular LDS online haunt.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pushka' Lover of cats date='Sep 5 2007, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hi Everybody,

I got an invite to join this message board yesterday, and am overjoyed to see so many people here who I already know from the forums over at LDSTalk...

I've been busy adding some to my list of friends, just to let them know that I'm here...Sorry if I've missed anybody out who wanted to be on my friends list...just give me a shout and I'll add you too.

I'm not a Mormon, though I did attend the mormon church for 5 years when I was in my mid teens...many eons ago...I never got round to being baptised, though, and have not found a strong enough belief in the doctrines since then, to make me consider being baptised now. I do miss the companionship that I had at the church all those years ago.

I'm a divorced mother of 2 teenagers, absolutely adore cats!!! and hanging around at religious forums...

The forums over here look interesting so I'm glad to add this as my 2nd regular LDS online haunt.

WELCOME :lol: I have been waiting for you to join. I am at work right now and my "dinner" break is nearly up - so I have to keep this short - Will post more when I get home and our supper is cooking (that will be at 10:30pm MST) One thing I really, really like is there are NO clapping hand greamlins (smilies) here. YEAH - I was getting so sick of them at the 'other' place.

Welcome pushka...I know you'll enjoy it here.

I could wax poetic about my Charlie-cat...(Charlie is his name, control is his game). He is a 16 pound beauty... pushy...

I got him when he was almost a year old because I didn't want a kitten and have had him about 8 years... he was a feral kitty and had been tamed by the couple who had him... they couldn't keep him because they go away for about 5 months a year... he is marked beautifully... black/brown swirl pattern on body with white bib and tummy and tips of feet. Really smart.

Being widowed, it is just Charlie and me that share a cottage-by-the-sea. We have a routine and just move together through our days. He is so funny sometimes when he sits at my feet and just stares at me as if he is willing me to get up out of my comfortable chair and go put treats in his dish... and I do.

He does a hundred cute, funny things... like the time I bought him a little toy gray catnip mouse because I thought he would like playing with it. It just layed on the living room floor, ignored. The next day I came home and lying beside the toy mouse was a real field mouse as if to say... Now this is a mouse!!

Again, welcome... from the beautiful central Oregon coast

The Garden Girl

Welcome!

I am progressively getting worse at welcoming people because we are getting so many new ones. It's awesome! I hope you like it here. :D

Thanks for the welcome messages. I do spend lots of time over at LDSTalk, but will gradually increase the amount of time here too...great to see some other peeps from LDSTalk have made it here now! :rolleyes:

I am filling the baptismal faunt as I speak...

Pa Pa :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

Glad to see a familiar face...er...that is...name...:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey!!

Just thought I'd pop back into this thread, to say a further thank you to all who have posted, and Hello to Isaac!!

Garden Girl, I loved your Charlie-cat story...my oldest cat, Pushka, is a regular hunter, I recently learned that she doesn't only catch birds that are on the grass eating worms, she actually climbs trees and raids nests!! Eggs and all...poor birdies!! She refuses to wear a collar, so I can't warn the creatures with a little bell...you should see the Kung Fu poses she does when trying to escape from her collar...the last one we made her wear, she managed to scramble out of so far that it ended up around her waist...it was elasticated and she is very slender, lol. My other cat, Kitty is very soft and funny, this morning she jumped into the bath (empty) and started meowing at me whilst I brushed my teeth, cos she was hungry and it takes her about 10 minutes to attack your hand when you're moving it around pretending to be a little creature...then she just gently taps you...so cute :)

Well, Iggy managed to inspire me to come looking on this site again today...I've been overlooking it for so long because I still post/read at LDSTalk, and get so engrossed on there that I'm too tired to search elsewhere...so tonight I'm making the effort to read/post on here first!

It's great to hear from you all again...Byee! :)

Our home has become a little of a retreat for cats too, nowadays...We're up to 3 cats now, and are trying to keep it to that number only, for the sake of the eldest cat's head...she really dislikes having the other 2 cats living with her since she's been at our house for 5 and a half years now. It's very difficult for us to turn away a persistant, friendly cat tho, like the one we 'adopted' last year...