Guest Scott

The election

Recommended Posts

Guest Scott
It's 9:15 PM in Colorado. 
 
Biden is going to lose with 246 electoral votes. I don't think I'll stay up to watch this time, but that's what my prediction is. It's looking like a Trump win.
 
I guess goodnight everyone. Be smart. Be safe. Be kind.
Edited by Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott said:
Biden is going to lose with 246 electoral votes. I don't think I'll stay up to watch this time, but that's what my prediction is. It's looking like a Trump win.

8:08am, London, UK. Biden winning 238 to 213. Not my election of course, but I'm keeping an eye on it :)

My only comment: why two such old men? They should be taking it easy, playing golf and reading stories to their grandchildren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Donald Trump had it in the bag last night, but it now appears that Joe Biden will win with exactly 270 electoral votes. 5 different battleground states may end up with less than 100,000 votes separating the two...some may even be between 25k - 50k. Very close race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having lived through manly elections - what I find curious is the extremes claimed to hinge an election.  Whatever the change is (if anything), the  election is a symptom not a cause.  Which cause is already long happening.  Usually something previously passed and bringing such disappointment that it changes the next election.   The best way to dispel a political notion or party is to vote it or them into power.  The sad thing is that seldom is anything undone by and election - just new stuff stacked up on all the old stuff.  But be of good cheer - this will all end when the Messiah comes.

 

The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is sad to me to see the great state of Arizona has been turned blue mostly now in my opinion.  They ruined California with their voting and now they move to Arizona and vote for Democrats.  Why did you leave California if it was so bad to vote the same beast in?  I left California and New York for liberty and I vote accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[J-96-2020]
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF PENNSYLVANIA
MIDDLE DISTRICT

El_fHV4XYAE6YdG.jpg.8f78206b1f85e3fd6d919e4c58369b78.jpg

Here comes 600,000 ballots without postmarks or proof of mailing to give Biden Pennsylvania.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Scott
1 hour ago, scottyg said:

I thought Donald Trump had it in the bag last night, but it now appears that Joe Biden will win with exactly 270 electoral votes. 5 different battleground states may end up with less than 100,000 votes separating the two...some may even be between 25k - 50k. Very close race.

You might be right.  It is looking that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."
-President Russell M. Nelson, April 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

"Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."
-President Russell M. Nelson, April 2018

This is beginning to sound more and more like my experience as a 17 year old in the army during the Vietnam era.

 

The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

It is sad to me to see the great state of Arizona has been turned blue mostly now 

Arizona is still winnable for Trump, it is not over until it is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Arizona is still winnable for Trump, it is not over until it is over. 

True, but he is down approximately 90k votes with total reporting in over 85%. He would need to win at least 68% of the remaining votes to claim the state, and I don't see him making up that much ground when his current overall % is only 44%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, scottyg said:

True, but he is down approximately 90k votes with total reporting in over 85%. He would need to win at least 68% of the remaining votes to claim the state, and I don't see him making up that much ground when his current overall % is only 44%.

I thought the same for Wisconsin and Michigan, and somehow the odds turned in Biden's favor. It looked pretty clear with where the numbers were Trump would have those states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

I thought the same for Wisconsin and Michigan, and somehow the odds turned in Biden's favor. It looked pretty clear with where the numbers were Trump would have those states.

There are a *lot* of people alleging shenanigans, and this comes on top of one county in Michigan admitting that they were having to redo their totals because they suspect that their tabulation software screwed up. 

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/2020-11/LT Jarrett re Use of Sharpie Markers_Redacted.pdf

Meanwhile, in Arizona, the attorney general is responding to reports that people who used permanent markers to mark their ballots as opposed to ink pens had their ballots automatically rejected even when they voted in person and the poll workers gave them the permanent markers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me: 

- I hope Trump wins, but I'll be satisfied as long as we get a concession speech from one of them.
- I'm at my happiest when our federal government is NOT all R or all D.  So with a red senate and blue house, I'm satisfied either way.  Green new deal? Dead.  Medicare for all?  Dead.  
- If joe and VicePresidentKamalaHarris win, I look forward to COVID dropping out of our national discourse and becoming a background footnote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ironhold said:

 

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/2020-11/LT Jarrett re Use of Sharpie Markers_Redacted.pdf

Meanwhile, in Arizona, the attorney general is responding to reports that people who used permanent markers to mark their ballots as opposed to ink pens had their ballots automatically rejected even when they voted in person and the poll workers gave them the permanent markers.

Not holding my breath on the Arizona ballot thing.  Election officials had been saying for weeks that sharpie and black ball point pens would be equally effective, and it’s sounding like the sharpie marked ballots are being counted.

The Michigan and Wisconsin stuff seems dodgier.  We’ll see. 

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Scott

He doesn't realize that if the count is stopped right now that Biden would automatically win since Biden would automatically take Nevada and Arizona whixh would give Biden 270?

 

20201105_082557.jpg

Edited by Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Not holding my breath on the Arizona ballot thing.  Election officials had been saying for weeks that sharpie and black ball point pens would be equally effective, and it’s sounding like the sharpie marked ballots are being counted.

The Michigan and Wisconsin stuff seems dodgier.  We’ll see. 

I have friends in Arizona whose vote have been uncounted, deem invalid, due to the sharpie. They went back to vote again in person and vote wouldn't go through, deemed invalid. I also have friends whose sharpie did count. I remember though growing up, unless things changed, it was always said to use a ballpoint pen as a sharpie may cause a invalid count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stock market bouncing up with every 'Biden's gonna win' news is kind of telling.  Usually, the initial emotional swings are up for Republican wins, down for Democrat.  I figure the market hates uncertainty, and it would rather have a 30+ yr political insider promising business as usual, instead of 4 more years of a swamp draining shakeup master who doesn't respect institutions or political tradition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Scott said:

He doesn't realize that if the count is stopped right now that Biden would automatically win since Biden would automatically take Nevada and Arizona whixh would give Biden 270?

 

20201105_082557.jpg

He's taking the same approach to the election that he did with COVID. He's only losing because more votes are being counted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Scott
19 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

The stock market bouncing up with every 'Biden's gonna win' news is kind of telling.  Usually, the initial emotional swings are up for Republican wins, down for Democrat.  I figure the market hates uncertainty, and it would rather have a 30+ yr political insider promising business as usual, instead of 4 more years of a swamp draining shakeup master who doesn't respect institutions or political tradition.

I would guess that a big reason it is up it because after the election, a big stimulus package is expected.

 

Edited by Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now