Regarding Current World Events

"I am optimistic about the future. It will be filled with opportunities for each of us to progress, contribute, and take the gospel to every corner of the earth. But I am also not naive about the days ahead. We live in a world that is complex and increasingly contentious. The constant availability of social media and a 24-hour news cycle bombard us with relentless messages. If we are to have any hope of sifting through the myriad of voices and the philosophies of men that attack truth, we must learn to receive revelation.

Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost.
Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."

-President Russell M. Nelson, April 2018

Have faith, be kind, love others and prepare for the voice of the Holy Ghost. Pray, Serve and Ponder.

We need to Strive to become God's people.

4 Nephi 1

15 And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.

16 And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.

17 There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.

I look at the "nor any manner of -ites" to mean we need to stop putting people into categories. We are all children of God and we should treat each other as such.

“Even the children of the covenant will be rejected except they make good their title by godly works” (James E. Talmage, Jesus the Christ, Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1976, p. 540).

We must strive to become the Children of Light. 

1 Thessalonians 5

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Be safe my friends, be sober and patient. Rely on the Lord and not to our own understanding. God will be with us if we are with Him.

[This isn’t directed at you specifically, EG; it’s just a general observation.]

I’ve noted a lot of similar sentiments amongst various die-hard Trump supporters of my acquaintance in the last day or two.  I find it gratifying.  It wasn’t so long ago that staunchly maintaining the importance of seeking righteousness, keeping the world at arm’s length, and waiting for divine deliverance; could get one labeled a “cuck”.

Trump’s (threatened?) loss, whatever its other effects, does seem to be Making Zion Desirable Again.

Edited by Just_A_Guy