What is something good that happened to you today?

pam

11 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I just finished moving money from my account to wife/daughters, so they'll buy me Christmas presents.   Things are looking up!

If you want to move money into my account, I may or may not buy you a Christmas present.  :)   

I had an enjoyable panel job interview today. When the principal prayed at the beginning so that all would have discernment, I truly sensed God's presence and anointing. So, yeah--great day.

Edited by prisonchaplain

59 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

I got all my work tickets done and out of my box at my place of employment today.  We have been so busy lately I think it has been over a month since that has happened to me.  And tomorrow I get a half a day off with pay.

Score

@pam It is great, you have to basically eat only fruits and water for 1 to 3 days (some people can do more). It is fantastic and it gives you so much energy! The key is to EAT as much as you want as many times as you want, no restrictions. I do it once a month.

3 hours ago, Suzie said:

@pam It is great, you have to basically eat only fruits and water for 1 to 3 days (some people can do more). It is fantastic and it gives you so much energy! The key is to EAT as much as you want as many times as you want, no restrictions. I do it once a month.

I assume you are talking raw or fresh fruits.

My nine year old daughter set up the board game of Clue.  On her first turn she wandered to the correct room and named the suspect with the correct weapon.  She did this on her first turn.  She said she did not cheat.  Yep, I do not know if I believe that one.

I ordered two red dot optics and a rifle scope from Vortex Optics.  They sent me an email telling me that the red dots are on back order 4-5 months out and the scope 1 month out.  They gave me a link to another site of an authorized distributor that offers the same LEO discount as they do.  That site has them for cheaper, saving me about $100 and have them in stock.  Vortex customer service rocks.

17 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

I ordered two red dot optics and a rifle scope from Vortex Optics.  They sent me an email telling me that the red dots are on back order 4-5 months out and the scope 1 month out. 

I think Vortex makes better optics than Primary Arms.  Both of my okay quality red dot optic sights are Primary Arms brand.

Our Caribbean Cruise Lines stock sold today.  We made a little over twenty percent off of it in less than 11 months.  We bought in to the stock when it had crashed after the Wuhan Coronavirus hit.  Too bad we put less than $350 in it.  Generally I do not put a lot in to individual stocks as they are too risky and volatile for me.  We definitely earned more than a bank would have paid us. 

Bank certificates of deposit are a joke now.  They pay nearly nothing in interest.  I remember back in the 1990s when some banks were paying 6% on certificates of deposit.