What is something good that happened to you today?

pam

One of the jobs I put in for gave me the "another direction" line. I felt total peace about it. It was a worthy position, but there were several concerns, and I found the turn down to be more of a confirmation than a disappointment. God's No is better than humanity's Yes. 

I found out a part of my roof will likely need to be replaced in about three to four more years.  Hopefully it will last longer than that.  It already has a small leak but it is not that bad since it only leaks in rain and it does not rain much where I live.  The price I was quoted was $6,500 and there are no shingles on this part of my roof so it will likely need to all be torn off by contractors.  That part of the house is an add on to the original.  So I have about three more years to save up that much more money or a large portion of it. 

Likely I am also going to need a new hot water heater in about two years as well since our hot water heater is likely about 8 years old.  Someone already told me he could replace our hot water heater for about $1,250 which I thought was a decent price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 1:40 AM, Suzie said:

@pam It is great, you have to basically eat only fruits and water for 1 to 3 days (some people can do more). It is fantastic and it gives you so much energy! The key is to EAT as much as you want as many times as you want, no restrictions. I do it once a month.

Does it matter what fruit? I'm assuming I couldn't eat nothing but strawberries or tsatsumas.

Christmas 2020--and my last day as supervisory chaplain at the jail. I'll do some visitation around the building, clean out the office and close out this very rich, fulfilling calling. My staff chaplain keeps telling me, "BTB, brother! Better Than Before!" He's got it. What lies ahead is better than that which has gone before. The capstone will be opening presents tonight with the fam bam! I gotta love my girls--they say they like opening presents Christmas Day evening. I suspect it's because they are okay with my calling, and perhaps with me. :sparklygrin:

On 12/25/2020 at 6:58 PM, Suzie said:

As long as they are fresh fruits you are good to go. I'm already planning mine right after Christmas.

I think I'm going to try this. Boundless energy does sound like a good thing (especially considering I can barely even get out of bed at the moment). Thanks for the suggestion Suzie.

• 4 weeks later...

Something great happened to me today.  I won 2nd place in the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes!  Here is the voice mail I got:

"Congratulations you are second place winner with the publishers clearing house. Please feel free to call the claims office at 347-4**-6*** that is 347-4**-6***. Please have your confirmation number 1108 US. Thank you and have a marvelous day."

Yeah.  It's a scam.  I never entered the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes.  It made laugh looking at the voice mail.

3 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

I am watching the GameStop stock crash from its high of over $400 per share.  Today the stock is now at $260 per share.  Glad I did not buy any of that stock.  The GameStop stock was about $19.40 per share on December 29th 2020.

What's happening is Robin Hood and several other investment companies have frozen peoples' ability to purchase more shares of the stock, and so the only activity is the hedge funds and others who are trying to force the share price back down. 

Both AOC and Ted Cruz are demanding that the trading platforms explain themselves, especially as people have come forward to claim that Robin Hood initiated sales without their permission. A class-action lawsuit has already been filed over the matter. 

16 hours ago, Ironhold said:

What's happening is Robin Hood and several other investment companies have frozen peoples' ability to purchase more shares of the stock, and so the only activity is the hedge funds and others who are trying to force the share price back down. 

Both AOC and Ted Cruz are demanding that the trading platforms explain themselves, especially as people have come forward to claim that Robin Hood initiated sales without their permission. A class-action lawsuit has already been filed over the matter. 

At least one member of Congress has filed a letter to the Attorney General asking for an investigation as well from what I'm hearing this morning.

18 hours ago, Ironhold said:

What's happening is Robin Hood and several other investment companies have frozen peoples' ability to purchase more shares of the stock, and so the only activity is the hedge funds and others who are trying to force the share price back down . . . A class-action lawsuit has already been filed over the matter. 

Well, their actions are not suppressing the stock price of Game Stop today.  I just checked it and the stock is selling for close to $345 per share.

Edit:  I think people are tired of big corporations telling them what to do so they are buying the Game Stop stock again against the will of some people on Wall Street. 

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

• 1 month later...

We bred our mini Goldendoodle dog with another dog.  She gave birth to four puppies two days ago.  Our dog has been a good mother thus far.  We have had to watch her to make sure she does not by accident lay on her puppies and smother one of them.  She is getting better at it as time goes on.

• 1 month later...

After being locked out of my account in Coinbase for over 14 months and fighting with them several times over this Coinbase staff finally gave me access to my account.  I sold the Ethereum cryptographic currency (which had gone up about 320% over what I bought it at) and pulled all of the money out.

I am very happy at the increase we made on the investment but very dissatisfied with the customer service we received.  Coinbase is a company in my opinion that has awful customer service.  The amount we pulled out was a little over $1,400.

• 4 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 10:03 AM, Still_Small_Voice said:

Something great happened to me today.  I won 2nd place in the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes!

On 1/21/2021 at 10:35 AM, NeuroTypical said:

Remember your online buddies when the check comes in.

21 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

Several days ago my company paid out a profit share into a retirement account for me.  I hope good things are happening to all of you out there.

Yeah, you say you hope good things are happening, but I keep checking an empty mailbox...

I have had impressions to draw attention that we are perhaps living in the greatest time of miracles.  I thought about starting a new thread.  A few weeks ago I was involved in a serious cycling accident.  I was ridding a decent (which means I was going fast - in this case faster than the speed limit).  The road took a hard right turn.  I have ridden this route at least a hundred time but this time there was sand and gravel in the road (where there have never been before).  Some pictures:

393865617_IMG_8753(4).thumb.jpg.97ac2aa959019e9e5fecbb40742d6250.jpg

1693673279_IMG_6296(2).thumb.jpg.22558c59b16aa487a589bf9a7900eea5.jpg

I was knocked unconscious.  Had x-rays but no broken bones (leg and hip were worse but do not have a picture).  I received a blessing and two weeks later there were no bandages - no more bleeding or infections.  I had no pain meds nor pain.  The only pain I experienced was cleaning at the hospital and showers (I had to change dressings and bandages every 24 hours).  I had lost all skin on part of my arm and leg.  After 2 weeks; I have no scabs - just new scars.   The scars are quite cool and look like I was attacked by a tiger or something.  I believe my recovery was a miracle. 

During this time we had some flood damage at one of our rental units.  I was able to do most of the cleanup (which involved 3 truck loads to the dump) using just one arm.  I was given promptings  how to get things done.  I do not like to talk about personal things but in this case I think I need to in order to make a point about miracles.   

I also had my last mission companion call - his call led to many things including taking a trip to my last area (over 50 years ago).  All the individuals I baptized had moved but I did encounter some members that remembered me.  This area was the most difficult area of my mission and had lots of problems - I never felt I had done enough.  As it turns out I was never intended to solve the problems but it was intended that many contribute.  Another great miracle and revelation.  There are now 20+ missionaries working my old area. 

I have pondered what to post - there are so many miracles and blessings.  And so I believe that I should speak to this great age of miracles and blessings.  And that as the Latter-days come to a conclusion - that we have faith that we are living in a day and age of so great miracles and blessings that our time was told of and prophesied of.  All we need is the faith to realize and see.

The Traveler