What is something good that happened to you today?

pam

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, Traveler said:

I have pondered what to post - there are so many miracles and blessings.  And so I believe that I should speak to this great age of miracles and blessings.  And that as the Latter-days come to a conclusion - that we have faith that we are living in a day and age of so great miracles and blessings that our time was told of and prophesied of.  All we need is the faith to realize and see.

The Traveler

I am responding to your post Traveler.  We have many modern day miracles and inventions.  I was watching a video posted by "Charity Water."  It is an organization that sets up wells to give clean water to people in very poor countries.  Many of wells have people rejoicing and dancing around them because they can get clean water after being set up.  We take clean, drinkable water for granted because it is an every day experience and available.  But it is a modern day miracle.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

I am up in the city of Idaho Falls presently.  Today I get to go inside the Idaho Falls temple for the first time to watch someone I know be married in the temple for this life and hopefully for eternity.

Nice!  Today I scheduled Mrs. Grunt's endowment and the Grunt Family sealing as well.

• 4 weeks later...

My son received his mission call to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints about a month ago.  He was assigned to labor in the Spanish speaking Nashville, Tennessee Mission.  He reports for service in January 2022.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

We dropped off my son at the Provo Missionary Training Center yesterday.  His journey over the next few years now begins.

I did this just last week with my oldest daughter. She will be serving in Ohio.

48 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

We dropped off my son at the Provo Missionary Training Center yesterday.  His journey over the next few years now begins.

Where is he going?  Sorry if you already told us.  I hope missionaries know how much they are appreciated, particularly by those of us that wouldn't be sealed to their family for eternity if it weren't for them.

Edited by Grunt

• 2 weeks later...

I went up with a co-worker in a small private plane with a flight instructor today.  We flew over the Wasatch mountains, past Willard Bay, over Pineview Reservoir past Eden Utah and other places.  The experience was magnificent and very enjoyable!  I did an oh what a feeling Toyota jump after the flight was over. 

It has been about thirty years since I went up in a private plane.  I still remember my private flight from thirty years ago too in California.  If you have never flown in a private plane you do not know what you are missing.  

Presently I avoid flying commercial flights because of the mask mandates and all the over bearing security rules.  You deal with none of that in a private plane.  I feel like I am going into a prison when I go to a commercial airport.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My son serving in the Nashville, Tennessee Mission had his first baptism.  She was over 70 years old and gave up coffee and smoking to join the restored Church of Jesus Christ.  My son said about thirty people showed up to her baptism.  He got to confirm her a member of church and gave her the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was yesterday actually, but I heard the song "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again" for the first time ever.

"Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" - Danny Gokey (Lyrics) - YouTube

Tell your heart to beat again
Close your eyes and breathe it in
Let the shadows fall away
Step into the light of Grace
Yesterday's a closing door
You don't live there anymore
Say goodbye to where you've been
And tell your heart to beat again

I've never needed this message more than I do today.

Edited by Jamie123

3 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

This was yesterday actually, but I heard the song "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again" for the first time ever.

Ah, the sweet sound of someone being filled by a well-timed on-point song.  Good deal @Jamie123!

From 2012 until around 2020, I had a growing playlist of impactful songs that just seemed to add meaning and hope to my life.  I was so surprised to discover a connection to music - it was like I woke up one day and started seeing a bunch of new colors I never knew existed.  I'm always happy to hear someone else is experiencing something similar.

The song impacting you reminds me of Michael McClean's stuff.  Here - perhaps this something in this list can build on things for you:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCta5-IAIOzLSGjM4tiWRpbA