Two Truths and a lie game

Suzie

1.  As a child I had courtside seats for Purdue University basketball.

2.  As a child my parents were going to adopt twin babies.  The day before it was going to go through the mom decided to keep her babies.

3.  As a child we would travel by train to see family in Florida for the Christmas holiday.

13 hours ago, mirkwood said:

1.  As a child I had courtside seats for Purdue University basketball.

2.  As a child my parents were going to adopt twin babies.  The day before it was going to go through the mom decided to keep her babies.

3.  As a child we would travel by train to see family in Florida for the Christmas holiday.

Total Guess is it would be number 2.

At first I thought it would be #3, with the assumption you were in Utah and going from Utah to Florida by train would take enough time that you'd be there for a day and then have to come back with several days travel in between.  However, it may be that if you actually lived out east (which would be how you why you'd have courtside seats...would be strange fro someone from Utah to want courtside seats at Purdue...but stranger things have happened...I hear they have Utahns who are Patriot fans afterall...) both #1 and #3 wouldn't be that unusual.

Still, complete guess on my part.  #2 is a tweak, meaning it has some truth, but tweaked just enough to become untrue...once again...a guess on my part.  (you and your wife were going to adopt?)

Edited by JohnsonJones

12 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Total Guess is it would be number 2.

At first I thought it would be #3, with the assumption you were in Utah and going from Utah to Florida by train would take enough time that you'd be there for a day and then have to come back with several days travel in between.  However, it may be that if you actually lived out east (which would be how you why you'd have courtside seats...would be strange fro someone from Utah to want courtside seats at Purdue...but stranger things have happened...I hear they have Utahns who are Patriot fans afterall...) both #1 and #3 wouldn't be that unusual.

Still, complete guess on my part.  #2 is a tweak, meaning it has some truth, but tweaked just enough to become untrue...once again...a guess on my part.  (you and your wife were going to adopt?)

nope

1. I once went steady with a girl who had previously been Prince Charles' secretary.

2. I once passed up a chance to see the Queen because I was going through a bit of a "republican" phase. I painted my front door instead.

3. At the age of ten, I was so naughty I had to stay behind after school every day for a week to receive a "kick up the backside"  from the teacher.

2 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

1. I once went steady with a girl who had previously been Prince Charles' secretary.

2. I once passed up a chance to see the Queen because I was going through a bit of a "republican" phase. I painted my front door instead.

3. At the age of ten, I was so naughty I had to stay behind after school every day for a week to receive a "kick up the backside"  from the teacher.

1 is the lie.

1 hour ago, mirkwood said:

1 is the lie.

Nope - this was true. Admittedly its a slight stretch to call her "Prince Charles' secretary"; she did work as a secretary in Prince Charles' "department" at Buckingham Palace, but so did a great many other people and she only got to speak with him occasionally. Nevertheless she WAS a secretary and she DID work for Prince Charles - so true.

Edited by Jamie123

3 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

Then it has to be #2, because #3 seems almost boringly true...

1 hour ago, prisonchaplain said:

Then it has to be #2, because #3 seems almost boringly true...

Nope! Number 3 is the lie.

It happened all right, but not to me. It was to a friend of mine. It's rather a sad story.

My friend was a bit of a "problem boy" - the sort of kid who these days would be sent to an educational psychiatrist. I believe he was sent to one - eventually - but at that early stage the teachers hadn't totally given up on the possibility of kicking the nonsense out of him. It didn't work of course. He was exactly the same boy after the week of backside-kicking. He just had a sorer ar...erm...backside.

To be fair though, the psychiatry didn't help him much either. I'm still in touch with him now. He's never been able to hold down a job and he lives permanently on benefits. And it's not that he lacks brains. He was academically red hot, and capable of the most amazing feats of memory. What really made us friends was we were both passionate about space travel. He blogs about space exploration now, as well as about cars (which were his other passion).

As for the "kick up the backside" therapy it just astonishes me how far we've come in my lifetime. Imagine that happening today!

Edited by Jamie123