Two Truths and a lie game

Suzie

5 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

@Carborendum, here's how it should look:

I was thinking more along the lines of:https://www.tastewiththeeyes.com/2015/08/kimchi-quiche-quinoa-crust/

IMG_6557-1.thumb.jpg.0da83ab8dcbaee9c48246095eb722761.jpg

Both Bacon AND Kimchi.  Mmm Boy, Yeah!!!

Edited by Carborendum

1 hour ago, prisonchaplain said:

Okay, this may be a total bust, but I'm sticking with my logic. He hits you in the face with a soccer ball and then (perhaps a few months/years later) asks you out. The six days might not have been so horrible, after all. [If it is #3, he's all that, and I must repent to my wife tonight...]

Haha!

#3 was the lie: husband got the bee out without getting stung.  

Your turn @prisonchaplain

Edited by Jane_Doe

27 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Haha!

#3 was the lie: husband got the bee out without getting stung.  

Your turn @prisonchaplain

Yeah...I think my wording was not clear, but I guessed right on the 2nd try. So, he did hit you in the face with the ball...

Okay...

#1. I became a Christian because my older childhood friend invited me to church so he could get a candy bar.

#2. I completed my Master of Divinity straight out of high school. The seminary had a program that allowed highly capable and motivated students to earn both a BA and an M.Div. in 5-years.

#3. I lived in Korea for almost 7 years, but did not start dating my now-wife until the last year.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

I was thinking more along the lines of:https://www.tastewiththeeyes.com/2015/08/kimchi-quiche-quinoa-crust/

Both Bacon AND Kimchi.  Mmm Boy, Yeah!!!

Hmmm… and soft, squishy egg...it may rise to the level of okay, but the kimchee and the eggs seem to be in opposition. Now, if you want to sprinkle in some bacon on the fried, crispy version, by all means! :notworthy:

Edited by prisonchaplain

8 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Well, I know you've been in Korea, so I'm going to guess #1 is the lie.  No candy bars involved.

Well, I didn't get one...but yeah, my friend did. Rode the church van for 4 years--then another church family agreed to give me a ride. ;)

Ok then.

#1. On two separate occasions, on two separate topics, I've posted something on facebook which received universal likes by atheists, Catholics, LDS, right-wing, left-wing, and an anarchist.

#2.  The only time I tried ziplining, there was a problem with the harness, I got stuck, and ended up needing Search and Rescue to free me.

#3. My wife has received multiple death threats from animal rights activists because she works with people who raise chickens for food.

@prisonchaplain I was going to add that it wasn't because you are not "highly-capable"😳.

Guys, don't cheat by googling answers. lol

1. Besides the Three Witnesses and the Eight Witnesses to the Book of Mormon, there was a woman who also saw the golden plates.

2. Brigham Young loved to add milk to popcorn like if it was cereal.

3. John Taylor died of peritonitis (ruptured appendix)

1 hour ago, Suzie said:

@prisonchaplain I was going to add that it wasn't because you are not "highly-capable"😳.

Guys, don't cheat by googling answers. lol

1. Besides the Three Witnesses and the Eight Witnesses to the Book of Mormon, there was a woman who also saw the golden plates.

2. Brigham Young loved to add milk to popcorn like if it was cereal.

3. John Taylor died of peritonitis (ruptured appendix)

John Taylor didn't die of appendicitis...at least that's not what I thought or am aware of.  It was his heart...I'm not a medical personnel though so not sure if a ruptured appendix has any connection to the heart.

Mary Whitmer is the lady you would be referring to in #1 (I think).

Unsure of #2 as I don't know the various Church leaders eating habits...so couldn't tell you.

2 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

Hmmm… and soft, squishy egg...it may rise to the level of okay, but the kimchee and the eggs seem to be in opposition. Now, if you want to sprinkle in some bacon on the fried, crispy version, by all means! :notworthy:

I know you spent some time in Korea.  But I'm wondering if you saw people do what my peers and I did when I was a child. 

We thought eggs were like candy.  They were a special treat.  We didn't have time for luxuries like cooking.  We'd take a stick and poke the shell, then spin it inside the shell to scramble the egg.  We'd then suck the raw egg out through that hole.

When I did this in front of my American family, the disgusted reactions were a source of bemusement to me.  But somehow, eating American foods eventually changed my tastes.  I eventually came to dislike the flavor of raw eggs.

But kimchi and cooked eggs are apparently part of Korean cuisine.

Edited by Carborendum

1.  In 1984 I had third row seats to the Iron Maiden tour.  Bruce Dickinson (lead singer) threw his towel to me at the end of the show.

2.  In 1984 I had front row seats to Van Halen.  I made eye contact with Eddie Van Halen right before his solo, made a comment to him that caused him to break out in a huge grin.

3.  In 1984 I won backstage passes to Rush and got to meet Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

Hmmm, well, let's see.  Sorry if it takes longer to get back with which is the right or correct one in my statement...I'll try to get on later today.

1. On my mother's side there is a long line of family leading back to the origins of the Church.  Her ancestor joined during the time of Joseph Smith, traveled the plains to Utah, and was a polygamist.  We are related to the youngest wife that he married, and have many relatives on that side from him.

2.  As a child I always wanted to fly aircraft.  As a young man many years ago I finally got to make that a reality as I learned to fly airplanes in the Great State of Texas.  My most memorable flight was when we were flying in what was supposed to be a great aircraft and the batteries died or something happened to the electronics.  Everything went dark, but the engines were still working.  It was a night flight, and we couldn't see much.  We ended up flying or trying to navigate by the stars that night, and safely made it back to the Airport.

3.  I have traveled all around the world, and on many occasions spent my wedding anniversary away from home while traveling through places like Europe and Asia. Despite all my travels, I have not yet visited all the US states, as I have never been to Alaska.

8 hours ago, mirkwood said:

1.  In 1984 I had third row seats to the Iron Maiden tour.  Bruce Dickinson (lead singer) threw his towel to me at the end of the show.

2.  In 1984 I had front row seats to Van Halen.  I made eye contact with Eddie Van Halen right before his solo, made a comment to him that caused him to break out in a huge grin.

3.  In 1984 I won backstage passes to Rush and got to meet Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

Thanks.  Yes, I got the funnin.  But I am curious. Did you ever see people "drink" raw eggs in Korea?

I never did. My guess is that was pre-1987, because I'll never forget the purple tofu soup (rich in iron, if a hint is needed). Also:

CORRECTION: There is no such thing as kimchee pacheon.  It's just kimchee-cheon. Apparently, pacheon must have seafood mixed into the dough.