Prisonchaplain's COVID-19 Sermon on God's Forgiveness

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!!!!

I am so glad that I got a chance to listen to this sermon because while I was listening I was hit with an answer to questions that I've been asking for more than twenty years, but I will begin with a question that I've been praying about for two years.  Since 2019...... (or perhaps it was in 2018) ..... I've been praying and asking if Jesus wants me to be baptized by Latter day Saint Elders?

So far.... I feel that I heard the Holy Spirit more loudly and clearly than I can remember for at any time in my sixty one years.  The Holy Spirit has told me that so far... that I am supposed to assist Latter day Saints to forge some better win - win - win - win relationships with Breslovian Chassidic Jews who live in Israel...... and with Israelis who love and admire the teachings of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov and / or former Atheist and near death experiencer Rabbi Alon Anava.........

(that was the first answer that I got from the Holy Spirit after I prayed and asked if I was supposed ted baptized by Latter day Saint Elders or not)........ the second answer from the Holy Spirit that was delayed by several months was that I was supposed to assist Latter day Saints to form more win - win - win - win relationships with my wife's people..... Pentecostals.

I so thank you for mentioning that story about Pastor Charles Parham and Pastor William Seymour because as I thought about that...... it hit me that a significant percentage of the divisions between Latter day Saints and Pentecostals could be termed...... Cultural Bias.... .and Reverse Cultural Bias.

My wife.....  went with me to my old church... the Worldwide Church of God after she came to Canada and she found it boring.......

I am fairly certain that she would also tend to think the same thing if she were to go with me to the nearest Latter day Saint ward...... if and when we move to near Toronto.... or perhaps somewhere else in the province of Ontario, Canada.  My wife being bored at my old church meeting.... The Worldwide Church of God... .could be termed Reverse Cultural Bias.... . my wife is Pentecostal from Quito, Ecuador and it is like she was saying that the WWCG meetings were "not Black enough?!"  Pastor Charles Parham felt that the meetings at Azuza Street were "too Black".... .which has really give me an idea to work with as I attempt to obey the Holy Spirit to assist Latter day Saints to connect with Israelis..... and with Jewish Rabbis...... as well as with my wife's people...... Pentecostals!

I listen to near death experiencer Rabbi Alon Anava a lot......

I listen to dozens of his lectures.... .and my Latter day Saint friends as well as my Pentecostal friends if they were to attempt to listen to a lecture by Rabbi Alon Anava might be tempted to think to themselves that his lectures are "too Jewish".................. and if one of Rabbi Alon Anava's fans were to go to either a meeting of my Latter day Saint friends...... .or to a meeting with my Pentecostal wife's friends............ they might tend to think that the meeting was..... "not Jewish enough!?!"

What could be termed Cultural Bias.... and Reverse Cultural Bias seems to lay there at the core of a lot of the divisions between all of us...............  Thank you immensely for your sermon...... I think I shall listen to that again because if I had ever heard about that incident in the life of Pastor Charles Parham and Pastor William Seymour..... I had forgotten it.... .and I really needed to be reminded of that detail at this time!

Pastor Tom Ellis..... I just listened to your excellent message for the second time and I really think that a major revelation has been given to me on how over the coming months and years and perhaps decades, (I am sixty one), I will eventually be able to assist Latter day Saints to connect with many Israelis.... and with many more Pentecostal leaders.

This message will lay a foundation for what I have in mind:

Yes, ADAM is in Heaven!

I have a prayer request for a Latter day Saint friend of mine who is a powerful writer who terms himself autistic.

Isaiah says not to make man an offender for a word.
Therefore who among the saints can hear these words and not be offended, the same shall inherit all the Lord has promised, and whosoever will not hear, but will despise the words the Lord gave us through holy men in their weakness,
“from him shall be taken even the light which he has received; for my Spirit shall not always strive with man, saith the Lord of Hosts.”
This is taken from Mosiah 4, and I’ve quoted this scripture many times because I’ve lived through these sad experiences, and some in the church would not help me, but told me to go to a different church with a finger of prideful scorn, and their sin was comparable to sodom according to Ezekiel.
Whenever we scorn anyone for non violent offense we become as those in the great and spacious building, scorning others trying to come to the Lord because of their weaknesses, and when they turn away from the church because of the scorn among it’s members, we fail as administrators of the only true gospel because we did not love those people as ourselves, who we would have forgiven
“Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.”
When we ask forgiveness for our sins and then go accuse and convict others and say their punishment is just and refuse to love them, no matter what they did, we become unjust stewards. If we don’t believe these things, we don’t believe the book of Mormon that says these things-
“Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me.
31 And ye shall also forgive one another your trespasses; for verily I say unto you, he that forgiveth not his neighbor’s trespasses when he says that he repents, the same hath brought himself under condemnation.”
Nor do we believe the Lord’s own words from our DnC-
“Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.
10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.”
Now who is on the Lords side, who?! Now is the time to show! I ask you all fearlessly, who is really on the Lord’s side with me?!
Who among you can read my words borrowed from the Lord and not be offended?
Who among you would tell the Lord to go get a job and take a shower when He asks you for change, supposing He will just buy beer with it?! You just judged the Lord and doubled down with an outstretched finger. Don’t you know that you get blessed every time you give anything, no matter what the Lord spends that money for?! And that every time you refuse with mocking and scorn of any kind, you just robbed the Lord who gave you all you have and asked for a little back!
Think I’m wrong!?? Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of our fellow servants, ye havr done it unto me saith the Lord!
Now who is really on the Lord’s side?!! Whose kingdom are we trying to build? The Lord’s, or our own?
Keep the Lord’s commandments, do everything He asks of you, be willing to give the belt you are wearing to comfort a poor wayfaring man of grief rather than scorning that wretched stinky bum for holding his pants up, the Lord will give it back every time with some interest!
I challenge you all not to be offended and to love everyone!!😃❤️💛💜💙💚

I feel that Mr. Joshua Johnson has a mission somewhat like my own....

he is being led to assist Latter day Saints to play a larger and larger role in the predicted One Billion Soul Harvest that was shown to near death experiencer Bob Jones....... his ideas can lay a foundation for vastly greater cooperation between Latter day Saints and Jews and people all over the spirituality spectrum.  

Mr. Joshua Johnson: "Hey everybody, I got a voice afew months ago that started talking to me and i wrote down what i felt. Here it is...
4-5-20
"My friends, I want to post something here that some of you may find a little troubling if you don't see the great joy behind it. The Lord is about to do something wonderful for everyone on the earth to help as many come to the church as possible! I've been up almost all night with these little voices in my head and I don't know if I'm crazy or not, but if I am the worst that will happen is you all laugh at me and tell me I'm wrong. I think the Lord is speaking to me and I'm just starting to hear what He's telling me.

I think the Lord is getting ready to relax the standards of the church a little, maybe alot, so that the gates to the wedding feast become wide open to every true Christian, as He said would happen before Jesus returns. I think the requirement for baptism is about to get alot easier to obtain, because I think He's telling me that strict adherence to things like the word of wisdom, possibly tithing, and maybe more will no longer be required for baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. I keep hearing this voice tell me to go baptize my wife, but neither of us are very good at keeping those laws and I don't want to do anything the Lord's prophets have not authorized, and I'm not going to. Imagine how many might come and be baptized and get the Holy Ghost that our beloved Prophet has told us we won't be able to survive spiritually without if they learned they no longer had to completely give up coffee or smoking or tea to come into the fold of Jesus, or to exercise their priesthood to baptize their spouse who is more preciously them than anything else that exists in the world!

I don't think those requirements will be changed for going to the temple, and I maybe wrong, and I actually hope I am. Personal worthiness has always been first and foremost between the Father and His child, and if they do whatever unworthily, it's up to them to repent, like we all do when we take the sacrament. Further, there is alot of great advice in the scriptures given as was the Word of Wisdom, "To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days". The Lord has told us many times, answer this question for yourselves, and many among us take those things as commandments even though they are not presented as such. That is great council, and while the church should never stop teaching us to stay away from those things for the blessings promised for their observance, I think He's going to make it easier for the weakest among us to enter in at the gate and get on the road that leads eventually to perfection after this life. He loves all of us equally beyond measuring and He's going to do a everything He can to save as many of us as He can. Some of us are with our backs to the wall about to be overcome without that Spirit, and I think He's going to make it possible, as all things with God are possible, for every Christian, even the weakest who walk among us, to come and sit down to the feast prepared.

King Benjamin once said that even if we did everything right the best we could, and this includes the everyone including the prophet, yet we would be unworthy servants, yet some people see themselves as so much better than those who struggle, casting stones and trying to remove motes from eyes no better than their own, when we are all equally unprofitable. The best we can do is still not perfect enough for our Father who can't look upon any of our sin with the least degree of allowance, but all who will come and have faith and raise the standard of the cross, who offer a broken heart and a contrite spirit, and there are so many broken hearts in the world right now, will have the promise that the Lord's grace is sufficient to save them because He so loved the world that He sent our older brother to make a way for us all to return with honor!

I have a little voice in my head that keeps telling me to tell these things, and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, just like I've been wrong so many times before. And if I'm wrong and all the people hate me because they think I'm a liar trying to lead the church astray then so be it, I've been rejected by so many people in and out of the church that I don't care anymore, and I loved them all and I still do, just like I love all of you so very much!

I hope this letter of mine finds it's way to the very top of the church! Any one of you can think I'm wrong and tell me I'm wrong because I've been such a bad person, but all those things are in my past that I've tried so hard to repent for, and if you judge me falsely for spilling my heart out thinking the Lord would ever condescend to my low depths, as I myself am indeed questioning, the Lord will judge you the same as you have judged me if you dont repent after you have seen all these things happen as I am now telling , it feels so good, and I'm sharing all that I feel now with anyone who will read my words and pray about them in the face of certain dismay and disdain. I love you all and I would never ever want to hurt the faith of anyone!

I am your fellow servant Joshua Johnson, and I think I'm speaking by the Spirit, but the Prophet leads the church, so I hope He somehow reads the letter of a nobody from north las vegas who knows all about rejection and the fallout from it, who has loved the church even at his weakest and most sinful. I love you all my friends! Please don't hate me, I myself dont know what I'm doing, and but if true, and we are now sitting in the shadow of a great sign from Heaven of the times we live in, and the Lord has prepared a way for all to come and be baptized and get the gift of the Holy Ghost, then I weep for joy and my tears are not in vain as many will certainly accuse me.

Whatever, I can take it! If I'm wrong I'll repent and never speak again.
I am Joshua Johnson, your fellow servant and your brother, and I love all of you so much!!" (Joshua Johnson)

"Evidence for the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints"