Next Year Predictions

Traveler

Who would have guessed this year at this time last year.   So I wonder - what the best thinkers and prognosticators deduct based on current trends.  I will start.

Biden will be the next president.

Signs of inflation will start to take place in the economy.

Interest rates will rise - so will unemployment.

Certain cities will become more dangerous and violent. - At least one federal elected official will be killed.

There will be "talk" among several states of secession - all among party lines - beginning with Texas. 

The Traveler

1. Trump will serve a 2nd term, but not without some form of military intervention first, even it is just the threat of force.
2. Covid will have been slowed to almost a crawl, at which point China will release a 2nd virus. Having learned the world's weaknesses with Covid19, they will take active measures to push  deeper into countries than ever before, with the primary objective of turning them against the USA. 
3. "Certain cities will become more dangerous and violent. - At least one federal elected official will be killed." - agreed, in addition to at least two governors who were involved with harsh lock downs.
4. Small businesses that were crushed by the lock downs in 2020, will join lawsuits and drive certain cities into near bankruptcy.
5. The Church will have it's missionary force cut by 33%. Individuals will be less and less willing to serve missions realizing they will be stuck in lock downs from the 2nd Chinese virus.

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

So I wonder - what the best thinkers

Oh... never mind, please disregard my thoughts above. I missed the "best thinkers" part. 😉
I'm really not that pessimistic, BUT if I'm right on any of the points above I'll be sure to quote myself towards the end of 2021 and claim prognosticator status! :twothumbsup:

Edited by NeedleinA

1) I’ll have a third kid

2) My Work will continue to grow and it will be the best financial year yet

3) I’ll take the flu shot next fall so I don’t end up getting the cold/flu 15 different times like I did this year

4) I’ll buy a house

5) The iPhone 13 won’t have a charging port. Rather they will double down on the mag safe technology and release many magnet based products along side the 13

6) Some GREAT Starwars shows released it nearing completion (Bad Batch and Obi Wan series (co starring Hayden Christensen))

7) An equally impressive Marvel tv series and movie line up

8 ) Some cool new Smash Bros Characters added to the game, and potentially a new Nintendo system announced

9) Hopefully a new Total War Historical Title (Empire 2? Medieval 3?)

10) Chick-fil-a, Bohamamamas, or In-n-out built in my town.

Oh and 11) someone will be president and my life will be largely unaffected by it.

Edited by Fether

1. Biden will be the next president, no doubt in my mind.

2. Trump will continue saying that he "won" and will do everything in his power to undermine Biden's presidency.

3.  Some Trump supporters will discover that he is not the Savior, and they will stop believing every word that he utters.

4. COVID-19 is just the beginning. Another infectious disease will affect the world.

Such pessimism about disease.  I sure hope there isn't a new disease that comes around.

1.  The Vaccine will help many to return largely to normal.

2.  We will be able to do temple work in the temple again.

3.  One of my grandkids will be ordained a Deacon, another a Teacher.

4.  We will have General Conference where people will be able to attend in the Conference Center again.

More Risky thoughts...

5.  We Will have at least one new Apostle called

6.  We will have an uptick in violence from the more radical sides of our nation (left and right).

7.  We will have a stronger push towards environmental regulations in the US

8.  A more hostile promotion against Religion will be  put forth by various Governments, including the US.  The only bastion against it (unless we lose another judge) will be the Supreme Court.