Canadians are Boring People...

Jamie123

...or so says "American Dad", on discovering that the USA will be conquered by Canada 100 years in the future.

But are they? Canada has given us:

• Ice Truckers
  • Christopher Plummer
  • Martin Short
  • Bryan Adams (well admittedly the only Brian Adams song I can think of is the Robin Hood one, but that was OK)
  • Michael Bubble
  • Shania Twain
  • Murdoch
  • Pamela Anderson
  • Rush (this on its own would be enough!)
  • Eugene Levy
  • Michael J. Fox
  • Celene Dion
  • Captain Kirk
  • Anne Murrey ("~~Snowbird spread your wings and fly away")
  • Dan Ackroyd
  • James Cameron
  • John Candy
  • Mike Myers
  • Leslie Nielson
  • Fay Wray
  • Matthew Perry
  • Barenaked Ladies (I know nothing about them but their name sends me into stitches)
  • Monty Hall (of the "Monty Hall Problem" - solved by Marylyn vos Savant, who was subsequently pilloried by professional statisticians for being an idiot, before she was eventually proven right.)
  • Rick Moranis
  • Jim Carrey (I find him hilarious, though my wife can't stand him)
Edited by Jamie123

19 minutes ago, JohnsonJones said:

Wait until you find out what Australians have given us...

You might long for the Boring Canadians then...

From Australia we've had Neighbours, Home and Away, Prisoner Cell Block H, The Young Doctors, Tinga and Tucker, Rolf Harris, Paul Hogan and Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. I read somewhere that the only reason the Aussies keep making Neighbours is because the Brits keep buying it from them. Nobody in Australia gives a stuff who pushed Paul off the top of the building.

Meanwhile here's a cat who likes bananas...

Canada's air force also invades the US yearly.  My work is on the migratory path for Canadian geese.   Twice a year, there are 500 nasty poopy suspicious sketchy-looking big ol' flappy bois.  We use them to tell the weather - if it's nice, we see the geese.  If it's cold and snowing, no geese.

Canadians are known for their easy going niceness.  But I know the truth - Canada is full of hate, they just keep it all in their geese.

3 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Canada's air force also invades the US yearly.  My work is on the migratory path for Canadian geese.   Twice a year, there are 500 nasty poopy suspicious sketchy-looking big ol' flappy bois.  We use them to tell the weather - if it's nice, we see the geese.  If it's cold and snowing, no geese.

Canadians are known for their easy going niceness.  But I know the truth - Canada is full of hate, they just keep it all in their geese.

We have Canada Geese too. Back in the 17th Century, someone thought it would be a good idea to let a bunch of them loose in St. James' Park in London. Since then they've spread nationwide. You cee a goose in the UK, it's ten to one it's a Canada goose.

8 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

...or so says "American Dad", on discovering that the USA will be conquered by Canada 100 years in the future.

• Ice Truckers
  • Christopher Plummer
  • Martin Short
  • Bryan Adams (well admittedly the only Brian Adams song I can think of is the Robin Hood one, but that was OK)
  • Michael Bubble
  • Shania Twain
  • Murdoch
  • Pamela Anderson
  • Eugene Levy
  • Michael J. Fox
  • Celene Dion
  • Captain Kirk
  • Dan Ackroyd
  • James Cameron
  • John Candy
  • Mike Myers
  • Leslie Nielson
  • Fay Wray
  • Matthew Perry
  • Barenaked Ladies (I know nothing about them but their name sends me into stitches)
  • Monty Hall (of the "Monty Hall Problem" - solved by Marylyn vos Savant, who was subsequently pilloried by professional statisticians for being an idiot, before she was eventually proven right.)
  • Rick Moranis

Congratulations on making the Post Of The Month.

32 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:
2 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

I'm confused. Rush Limbaugh was born/raised in Cape Girardeau, MO. He even attended Southeast Missouri State University, in the same city. He's not from Canada, is he?

“Rush” is also a rock band, no?

giphy.gif

On 12/14/2020 at 10:50 AM, NeuroTypical said:

btw.jpg

On 12/14/2020 at 3:45 AM, Jamie123 said:

• Ice Truckers
  • Christopher Plummer
  • Martin Short
  • Michael Bubble
  • Shania Twain
  • Murdoch
  • Pamela Anderson
  • Eugene Levy
  • Michael J. Fox
  • Celene Dion
  • Captain Kirk
  • Dan Ackroyd
  • James Cameron
  • John Candy
  • Mike Myers
  • Leslie Nielson
  • Fay Wray
  • Matthew Perry
  • Rick Moranis

Justin Bieber didn't make the list?

Edited by mordorbund

On 12/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, askandanswer said:

Keith Rupert Murdoch AC KCSG (/ˈmɜːrdɒk/ MUR-dok; born 11 March 1931) is an Australian-born American media mogul.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

I didn't mean THAT Murdich. I meant the TV show. Murdoch is a detective in the Toronto police. He is very pragmatic, while his sidekick Crabtree is quite the opposite, forever coming up with outlandish theories involving werewolves and vampires. Their boss is a Yorkshireman called Inspector Brackenreid who's always shouting at the other cops - and anyone else he finds even mildly irritating (which is most people). Most episodes have Murdoch inventing some ingenious gadget to help him solve his case. He's a very devout Catholic. His girlfriend is a doctor.

Edited by Jamie123