Your Favorite Netflix Series

Suzie

46 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I'm bummed out that Netflix decided to air Cuties.  We cancelled our family subscription, and went with Disney+/Hulu for the same price.   It's been X-Men/The Clone Wars/Simpsons/Fear The Walking Dead/Animaniacs ever since!

I was so busy with work that I didn't follow the news that much. I heard about this controversial show but didn't research it further.

I'm obsessed with Sherlock.

2 hours ago, Anddenex said:

Asian dramas, one of the best ones out is "Its OK not to be OK."

We watched Crash Into You (sorry, can't check the title from work)--a good portion of it is set in a supposed North Korea, and is said to be fairly accurate. It's comedic, has a love story, and some interesting social commentary. Now I'm watching Memories of Alhemadra (again with title check). It's got some sci fi, but took me a couple episodes to get into. IMHO, K-Drama dominates the Asian drama category. In fact, I believe Netflix has it separate.

Edited by prisonchaplain

@Suzie

Kobra Kai is absolutely amazing

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is good, not amazing, just good. 

Avatar and Legend of Kora is good (not sure if they are still in)

I thought Dash and Lillie was really good. It’s a teen Christmas romance. I typically don’t like those shows but I enjoyed this one.

iZombie will always be one of my most favorite shows. It’s witty and takes a very unusual approach on a “zombie outbreak”. It is more of a crime comedy than a zombie movie, though it has aspects of a zombie movie in it.

I hear Queens Gambit is good. It’s tvMA so maybe vid angel it?

Edited by Fether

22 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

We watched Crash Into You (sorry, can't check the title from work)--a good portion of it is set in a supposed North Korea, and is said to be fairly accurate. It's comedic, has a love story, and some interesting social commentary. Now I'm watching Memories of Alhemadra (again with title check). It's got some sci fi, but took me a couple episodes to get into. IMHO, K-Drama dominates the Asian drama category. In fact, I believe Netflix has it separate.

My daughter loved this drama. :)

40 minutes ago, dprh said:

I recently finished all 15 seasons of NCIS on Netflix.  It took a looooong time to get through them all.  :D 

Gotham is my favorite show based on comic books on Netflix.

And I was thrilled when they picked up Community.

Community is great, once they graduate college everything gets a little stale though. 

They also got rid of the dnd episode, which I was told was one of the best, due to a character painting his skin brown because he was a dark elf. Racist I guess?

Just now, Fether said:

Community is great, once they graduate college everything gets a little stale though. 

They also got rid of the dnd episode, which I was told was one of the best, due to a character painting his skin brown because he was a dark elf. Racist I guess?

Yeah, Chang did Blackface, but they called him out on it and I thought it was done in a way that wasn't offensive. But as a white man, I'm not going to make that call for others.