2020 Merry Christmas

JohnsonJones

Normally I'm much busier during the Christmas season with all the visits we give and get, but this year (and good for them for doing so) almost all the family has elected to stay at their homes and we are doing the same.  There's only one exception.  Thus, I've not had as much time.  Instead, gifts were sent by mail, and phone calls and other ways of communicating are how we will talk this year.  That does not mean it's just me and my wife though, and though sometimes I yearn for a simple holiday where it is just me and her, having others to share that holiday with can bring such joy.

We've had some family living with us for the past few months during the entire Pandemic situation.  As normal, I get up earlier in the morning (normally for work, but otherwise it can also be a habit).  This morning was different as it is Christmas.  I had bought a ton of Candy from the Store, and then hid it in the Garage (which of course, my child, though probably not the grandkids, know where I keep it after all these years).  This morning I got up and carefully separated it out and then put it in the stockings located throughout the house. 

I'm quite excited as they saw me go to bed last night, but when they wake up their stockings will be full and gifts will be under the tree.  It's always fun to see young faces light up on Christmas morning.

That said, I have a friend that is spending their first Christmas alone this year.  They too have family that is not traveling, and this is their very first Christmas alone.  I'm not sure if it will be before the rest of the family wakes or after (depends on when the family wakes) I'll go off to visit this friend with treats and gifts in an attempt to help them so that they can also have a Christmas with at least someone there to share some of it with.  Giving is far more good than receiving. 

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas.

Edited by JohnsonJones