Themes for 2021

prisonchaplain

I'm wondering if Heavenly Father has spoken any particular words into the lives of forum folk. The word that came to me is HOPE. We still have several months to grapple with COVID, but this will be a better year, and I am sensing an underlying strength--God's presence!

Faithful.

There are a lot of people that are panicking.  There are a lot of people that have abandoned the Lord.  There are those that do not see what matters or why.  I

If we stay faithful and firm in the Lord, we can put our problems on him and know that even if the worst happens in this life, that he is with us and a better life lies for us in the next.

1 hour ago, JohnsonJones said:

Faithful.

There are a lot of people that are panicking.  There are a lot of people that have abandoned the Lord.  There are those that do not see what matters or why.  I

If we stay faithful and firm in the Lord, we can put our problems on him and know that even if the worst happens in this life, that he is with us and a better life lies for us in the next.

This for me as well but I would also include humility though it has less to do with what's going on in the world and more with where I'm at in my progression. These are the two prerequisites found in Ether 12:27. For me I think this is the year to give up my favorite sins and to cease holding back part of myself from being "all in" as it were in my devotion to the Lord.

Hold fast, as in

23  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

(New Testament | Hebrews 10:23)

See also

6  My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.

(Old Testament | Job 27:6)

and

15  Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

(New Testament | 2 Thessalonians 2:15)

13  Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

(New Testament | 2 Timothy 1:13)

I have no insight into if 2021 will be a better year are a year of increased "trouble".  What I am certain of - is that the righteous (those that covenant with G-d and are loyal to their covenant) have no cause to worry regardless of what comes.  This was expressed some years ago by President Kimball. 

The Traveler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@prisonchaplain Having thought on this more and in reviewing the words of our prophets at the last conference (which can be viewed at our official church website - under library, gospel library and 2020 October conference) -- A couple of themes seem to stand out to me.  First that challenges will increase and second that those that attempt to find place in middle ground (one foot in the church and one foot in the world) will find that there will be a trend where the middle ground will become less and less of an option.  That we will be faced more and more with being "All in" or "All out".

Also there is a video titled "Come what may and love it".  The video highlight a talk by Apostle Worthlin that was given shortly before his death.  The video is presented on the main page when linking the the official website and is only about 3 and 1/2 minutes long.

The Traveler

On 1/1/2021 at 4:44 PM, prisonchaplain said:

I'm wondering if Heavenly Father has spoken any particular words into the lives of forum folk. The word that came to me is HOPE. We still have several months to grapple with COVID, but this will be a better year, and I am sensing an underlying strength--God's presence!

None specifically for this calendar year, but I am certainly benefiting greatly from this year's Come Follow me study course, which has resulting in various impressions, promptings, assurances, guidance and instructions from the Lord, and it only 02/04/2021!

Yes, I agree. Hope is an idea that has inspired my heart as the new year marches in. I also feel prompted to increase my Faith. I have also felt the need to Repent and "sin no more".  I feel to Unify with all humble believers in Christ. Lastly, I feel to remember and never forget that the source of Truth is the Savior.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, Fether said:

I have a mean love for burgers and other unhealthy stuff.

If its true that burgers are unhealthy - and that sounds like a truly absurd proposition - then I might have to throw out at least half of my welfare storage. And then I would be in a very conflicted situation, because the gospel teaches that we should cherish and care for what we love rather than throw it out. 

Edited by askandanswer