Greetings From An Inquirer

Douglas

Friends,

My visits with missionaries have been going at quite a pace. We have been meeting twice a week now plus a class in gospel principles on Sunday. I have also been invited to sit in on the priesthood meeting which follows the class. I was quite surprised when I was asked to do the closing prayer for the priesthood meeting. The warmth, openness, trust, and faith that I see in my ward warms my heart.

I briefly met the Bishop and my missionaries are trying to arrange a longer meeting for Sunday. I will have my baptismal interview on Thursday.

I know I am ready. I feel it in my heart. There were no bells and whistles, just a soft, confident feeling of assurance. For the first time in my life I am not just joining an 'church' but I am acutely aware of God the Father and Jesus Christ as real....as my true father and true brother. For the first time in my life I can honestly say, "I love my heavenly father and his son, my brother, Jesus Christ. I love them with all my heart and I wish to serve them all my days."

I believe this happened because the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church. This happened because Joseph Smith is a prophet and the Book of Mormon is true.

Until next time....

[...]For the first time in my life I am not just joining an 'church' but I am acutely aware of God the Father and Jesus Christ as real....as my true father and true brother. For the first time in my life I can honestly say, "I love my heavenly father and his son, my brother, Jesus Christ. I love them with all my heart and I wish to serve them all my days."[...]

I envy you. Thank you for sharing this. It the words of others that helps me maintain my sliver of belief (D&C 46:13-14).

Congratulations, and best of luck.

Friends,

My visits with missionaries have been going at quite a pace. We have been meeting twice a week now plus a class in gospel principles on Sunday. I have also been invited to sit in on the priesthood meeting which follows the class. I was quite surprised when I was asked to do the closing prayer for the priesthood meeting. The warmth, openness, trust, and faith that I see in my ward warms my heart.

I briefly met the Bishop and my missionaries are trying to arrange a longer meeting for Sunday. I will have my baptismal interview on Thursday.

I know I am ready. I feel it in my heart. There were no bells and whistles, just a soft, confident feeling of assurance. For the first time in my life I am not just joining an 'church' but I am acutely aware of God the Father and Jesus Christ as real....as my true father and true brother. For the first time in my life I can honestly say, "I love my heavenly father and his son, my brother, Jesus Christ. I love them with all my heart and I wish to serve them all my days."

I believe this happened because the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church. This happened because Joseph Smith is a prophet and the Book of Mormon is true.

Until next time....

What a fantastic testimony! Its almost 8am here in the UK, its the time of day I sit and think of uplifting things to take me threw the day. Dougles your testimony touched my heart. My heart is over flowing with joy for you at this time. I hope and pray your good example will be seen by your family. Thank you for sharing this with us all. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Friends,

Until next time....

Geez Doug, your making me cry at work! But seriously that is just excellent news...I am so happy to hear about your heart felt conversion...Welcome home and how does that fruit taste? (1 Nephi 8) :)

• 2 weeks later...