Greetings From An Inquirer

Douglas

Hello all,

I am an LDS inquirer, a husband and father of three daughters. I was born, raised and educated in the Roman Catholic Church. That being said.....

I have great respect the Church of Latter-Day-Saints and the good work it does,

I have worked with and respect Church members,

I am coming to believe that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God and that The Book of Mormon is true,

I respect President Hinckley as a seer and prophet,

I agree with the basic theological principles of the Mormon Church

Conversion can be a winding and sometimes lengthy process so please keep me in your prayers as I meet with missionaries for the first time next week. And do know that I am very appreciative of your online friendship here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am an LDS inquirer, a husband and father of three daughters. I was born, raised and educated in the Roman Catholic Church. That being said.....

I am coming to believe that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God and that The Book of Mormon is true,

Conversion can be a winding and sometimes lengthy process so please keep me in your prayers as I meet with missionaries for the first time next week. And do know that I am very appreciative of your online friendship here.

Hows it going with the missionaries Doug?

Hello all,

What have you got to lose? The L.D.S church offers "everything" the catholic church does, only more for your family!

:)

Welcome Douglas...

You are on a wonderful path however... Saying a prayer for you now... how does your wife and girls feel about the church? Do they share your interest or are they at least supportive?

Glad you are here...

The Garden Girl

Prayers are always appreciated!

My wife is a non-practicing (but very cultural) Catholic. She is somewhat supportive of me, being aware of my long spiritual journey. Our two youngest daughters attend Catholic school but she would have no problem with them attending Sunday services with me. I am praying for true conversion and that Heavenly Father leads us all gently toward the same goal.

Warm regards,

Douglas

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Douglas! :)

That's so great to hear that you're on your path to conversion. It's a process everyone has to go through, even us who are born into an LDS family. Hopefully everything will result the way it sounds it going, in eventual baptism. I'm certain the Lord is pleased with you right now. You'll be in my prayers, as long as you keep saying them as well. ;)

Hello Douglas! :)

That's so great to hear that you're on your path to conversion. It's a process everyone has to go through, even us who are born into an LDS family. Hopefully everything will result the way it sounds it going, in eventual baptism. I'm certain the Lord is pleased with you right now. You'll be in my prayers, as long as you keep saying them as well. ;)

Thanks for your prayers...they are appreciated.

Baptism is scheduled for October 27th, confirmation the 28th!

You former catholic/pre-Mormon stud! Totally awesome Doug...Will your family attend your baptism do you think?

Thanks...lol

Good Question...I am not sure to tell you the truth. I may have to do this one on my own. Which dosen't make me sad. You can't force it. I have to let them take one step at time at their own pace. I guess I can only set an example at this point.