A thought on the security of food storage

Backroads

I'm afraid I can't share the article because it was something I found on a tangent while Googling something else and is therefore lost to a train of thought and internet searches, but I do wish to share some thoughts that stuck with me.

The article spoke of the importance of actively keeping food in the home and its effect on children. Children might be more secure in their development if they can regularly open the fridge/cupboard and see food. This is even applies to families with the wealth to go out to eat/order in food. The ability to get food didn't seem to be as important as keeping food in the home. Children weren't wondering about food, they knew it was already there.

No, this isn't about the long term benefits of your 2 decade food storage supply, but it stuck with me. Could this be an extra impact of the commandment to keep food?

"Food insecurity" is a term that means various things to various people.  It makes sense, the less you have to worry about keeping your belly full, the more energy you have to spend on other areas of being human.

Just remember to keep the food in the pantry.

https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/10/whats-your-countertop-might-predict-your-weight#:~:text=Keep a box of cereal,their neighbors who didn't.&text=The study also found that,than those who are obese.

The study found that women who kept soft drinks on their counter weighed 24 to 26 pounds more than those who kept their kitchen clear of the sugary beverages. Keep a box of cereal on the counter, and the women there weighed an average 20 pounds more than their neighbors who didn’t.

50 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

"Food insecurity" is a term that means various things to various people.  It makes sense, the less you have to worry about keeping your belly full, the more energy you have to spend on other areas of being human.

Just remember to keep the food in the pantry.

https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/10/whats-your-countertop-might-predict-your-weight#:~:text=Keep a box of cereal,their neighbors who didn't.&text=The study also found that,than those who are obese.

My family doesn't eat cereal... That means I'll just get one box and never have to replace it!