President Nelson vaccinated

NeuroTypical

7 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

was trying to hide my counter argument inside a somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment, hoping you'd catch it because you are almost as much of a movie buff as I am.  I guess that failed

My comment was tongue in cheek as well

7 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You have to take a look at the intended meaning behind the words and the actions.

Yes, 100% true.

However, you* must accept reality on her terms (reality). If you choose to use any racial slurs in 2021, regardless of your intentions, you will make many of us think you are a racist. 

*generic use of you

Edited by LDSGator

3 hours ago, LDSGator said:

Literally no one despises anti vaxxers more than I do, but to be fair, I’m not sure that refusing the Covid shot makes you one of them.  

@LDSGator and I walking in lockstep with a vaccine needle mounted on the end of a rifle towards anti-vaxxers.

gandm.jpg

5 hours ago, LDSGator said:

My comment was tongue in cheek as well

I figured the comment about the R-rated movie was.  But I was surprised to hear that you didn't know who Lee Ermey was.  So, I couldn't tell if that was a joke or not.

Yes, 100% true.

Cue the Steve Martin voice: Why, thank you. :) 

However, you* must accept reality on her terms (reality). If you choose to use any racial slurs in 2021, regardless of your intentions, you will make many of us think you are a racist. 

Yes, I agreed with the underlying point you made (as my statement about "yeah, but.." indicated).  But I guess it's just a sad day when people choose to be offended when no offense was intended.

I remember when I was still in college and I was wearing kind of a funny outfit for the day and my hair was all unkempt.  An office mate actually said, "Carb, you're looking all gooky today."

I knew what she meant, but I teasingly responded,"Yup I do.  And I'll try to ignore the racial slur in your statement."  I smiled and she laughed.  Why can't we do that today?

Reality?  Yes. I agree.  That seems to be happening.  But I don't have to like it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, now my whole family has had COVID, including my 9 yo and 12 yo.  My 9 yo only had it for one day.  My 12 yo has it, feels better, then has it again then feels better...  This has been going on for nearly two weeks.  My oldest is still feeling worn out and dizzy.  He spends most of his time sleeping, eating, bathroom runs, working online, repeat.  My wife just has a lingering cough now.

All-in-all, just a flu bug.  But it had everyone in a very strong and healthy family bed-ridden for a while.  Someone in our ward had a stroke.  Someone in our previous family had a stroke.  A colleague of mine had two strokes.  Pretty intense stuff.

We stayed home from church for two weeks now.  I forgot to ask the first week if we could administer our own sacrament.  I asked the second week.  The bishop was ok with it.

We'll see if we need to for week three.  They said 10 days.  But we don't know if that means from testing, from first symptoms or no symptoms for 10 days...  We have to get some clarification.

HOLD THE PHONE!!! THE WORLD IS DEFINITELY COMING TO AN END.

I just sat down with a bowl of rice and kim chee, and... well... it didn't taste good. Why of all the curses I could have to bear!! Why this one!?!?!?

• Wars and rumors of wars... check.
  • Sin on the level of Sodom and Gummorah... check.
  • Let me look out the window... yup there are the swarm of giant locusts coming to consume all my crops and even all our flesh.  Okay, okay, there was one cricket that chirped a little loudly.  But for KIM CHEE's SAKE!!!
  • I'll just wait until tonight to see if the moon has turned to blood. But it is a sliver of a crescent tonight.  Maybe I won't be able to tell.  But is not the redness of the kim chee sufficient to satisfy that prophecy.  I say "Yea!" and again I say, "yea, verily."

Wo be unto the world that is filled with flat flavorless kim chee.  What?  You say it is the after affects of COVID?  Whew!  That's a relief.  Here I thought that the end of the world was happening because of plagues hitting the earth like it has never seen before.  Glad to hear that isn't the case.

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

HOLD THE PHONE!!! THE WORLD IS DEFINITELY COMING TO AN END.

I just sat down with a bowl of rice and kim chee, and... well... it didn't taste good. Why of all the curses I could have to bear!! Why this one!?!?!?

• Wars and rumors of wars... check.
  • Sin on the level of Sodom and Gummorah... check.
  • Let me look out the window... yup there are the swarm of giant locusts coming to consume all my crops and even all our flesh.  Okay, okay, there was one cricket that chirped a little loudly.  But for KIM CHEE's SAKE!!!
  • I'll just wait until tonight to see if the moon has turned to blood. But it is a sliver of a crescent tonight.  Maybe I won't be able to tell.  But is not the redness of the kim chee sufficient to satisfy that prophecy.  I say "Yea!" and again I say, "yea, verily."

Wo be unto the world that is filled with flat flavorless kim chee.  What?  You say it is the after affects of COVID?  Whew!  That's a relief.  Here I thought that the end of the world was happening because of plagues hitting the earth like it has never seen before.  Glad to hear that isn't the case.

Some thought about your post.

1. I am sorry but being in deep kim chee is an expression that does not convey a good condition.  However, at least for me, there are less desirable things to eat than kiim chee but not that long of a list. 

2. I was once sent to a meeting with some very important Koreans.  A once trusted friend and return missionary from Korea told me that a most proper greeting with a Korean (especially a lady) was a phrase "Po po hap she da".  I am sure my spelling is wrong and I may have the pronunciation off bit (it was a few years ago).  Anyway some of the men laughed and not a single lady wanted to sit anywhere near me.

3. Historically almost everybody is aware of the sins of Sodom but the sins of Gomorrah are somewhat of a historical mystery.  According to some scholars the sins of Gomorrah was varying use and living taxes (taxing any and all things of possible value).  Varying taxes mean that some were required to pay more than others and in some circumstances certain privileged individuals were exempt.  I personally believe that the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah are about societies stance on the divine covenant of marriage and the concept of who pays taxes and who benefits (by design all of society or certain demographics) from taxes or monies collected for a society.

4. Most measure or see the end of times in terms of wickedness but I think the greater signs are in the righteousness of the Saints and the blessings that come to them. 

The Traveler

@mirkwood, @LDSGator and others.  Though it is not yet clearly stated by the CDC not all need or ought to be given the COVID-19 shot.  I say shot rather than vaccine because technically the COVID-19 vaccines are not  vaccines.  In addition individuals that already have antibodies - should not receive the shot - the data is that it is more likely to cause the individual harm than to add additional immunity.  At this point - individuals should be tested for the antibody before receiving the shot.  But in this highly politicalized society - the CDC and our political leaders has shown to be unreliable.  Politicians because they are ignorant and the CDC and other doctors working for and with the government have shown to be more concerned with politics that the public health.

The Traveler

3 hours ago, LDSGator said:

Oh?

His claim is part myth and part fact.

Vaccines as we've known them take a dead or weakened virus which both allow the body to remain strong enough to fight the virus and to develop anti-bodies for it.

Some viruses are not easy to deaden or weaken while still allowing the body to build antibodies.  So, for such viruses, an alternative was developed.  This new "method" doesn't use this tactic.  It uses an m-RNA technology that has been around for something like 10 years.  It was developed specifically for a pandemic such as this.  And this is the first "vaccine" of this type to ever be used.

So, it doesn't satisfy the classic definition of a vaccine as we've known it.  But what else would one call this?  It is an "agent" which stimulates immune response in the Human body to help fight off a virus.  Since this is brand new, no one came up with any other name for it.  So, why not call it a vaccine?

33 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

His claim is part myth and part fact.

Vaccines as we've known them take a dead or weakened virus which both allow the body to remain strong enough to fight the virus and to develop anti-bodies for it.

Some viruses are not easy to deaden or weaken while still allowing the body to build antibodies.  So, for such viruses, an alternative was developed.  This new "method" doesn't use this tactic.  It uses an m-RNA technology that has been around for something like 10 years.  It was developed specifically for a pandemic such as this.  And this is the first "vaccine" of this type to ever be used.

So, it doesn't satisfy the classic definition of a vaccine as we've known it.  But what else would one call this?  It is an "agent" which stimulates immune response in the Human body to help fight off a virus.  Since this is brand new, no one came up with any other name for it.  So, why not call it a vaccine?

Ahh, okay. Thanks. 

16 hours ago, Traveler said:

Some thought about your post.

1. I am sorry but being in deep kim chee is an expression that does not convey a good condition.  However, at least for me, there are less desirable things to eat than kiim chee but not that long of a list. 

Your blasphemy is duly noted.  I will inform your bishop about it.

2. I was once sent to a meeting with some very important Koreans.  A once trusted friend and return missionary from Korea told me that a most proper greeting with a Korean (especially a lady) was a phrase "Po po hap she da".  I am sure my spelling is wrong and I may have the pronunciation off bit (it was a few years ago).  Anyway some of the men laughed and not a single lady wanted to sit anywhere near me.

Hahahahahahah.  No wonder.

3. Historically almost everybody is aware of the sins of Sodom but the sins of Gomorrah are somewhat of a historical mystery.  According to some scholars the sins of Gomorrah was varying use and living taxes (taxing any and all things of possible value).  Varying taxes mean that some were required to pay more than others and in some circumstances certain privileged individuals were exempt.  I personally believe that the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah are about societies stance on the divine covenant of marriage and the concept of who pays taxes and who benefits (by design all of society or certain demographics) from taxes or monies collected for a society.

:bowser:The Bible tells us different: Ezekiel 16:49-50

4. Most measure or see the end of times in terms of wickedness but I think the greater signs are in the righteousness of the Saints and the blessings that come to them.

sounds nice.

Edited by Carborendum

6 hours ago, Traveler said:

@mirkwood, @LDSGator and others.  Though it is not yet clearly stated by the CDC not all need or ought to be given the COVID-19 shot.  I say shot rather than vaccine because technically the COVID-19 vaccines are not  vaccines.  In addition individuals that already have antibodies - should not receive the shot - the data is that it is more likely to cause the individual harm than to add additional immunity.  At this point - individuals should be tested for the antibody before receiving the shot.  But in this highly politicalized society - the CDC and our political leaders has shown to be unreliable.  Politicians because they are ignorant and the CDC and other doctors working for and with the government have shown to be more concerned with politics that the public health.

The Traveler

For the record: @LDSGator has had the shot/vaccine and I have not. 

8 hours ago, LDSGator said:

Oh?

Yes the shot is technically gene therapy and not a vaccine - I was informed that vaccines contain weakened or otherwise diminished virous that triggers the immune system. 

2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

For the record: @LDSGator has had the shot/vaccine and I have not. 

I am unconcerned with who has or has not received the shot(s) - as long as it is their choice.  I am somewhat concerned with the logic that anyone ought to be treated so that someone else will not get sick.  Or that people that are known to not have an illness or not having been exposed should/must be quarantined to stop a disease from spreading.   As I understand - if you have antibodies - you should not get the shot(s) - I do not know why anyone should assume or think otherwise otherwise????

The Traveler

7 hours ago, Traveler said:

Yes the shot is technically gene therapy and not a vaccine - I was informed that vaccines contain weakened or otherwise diminished virous that triggers the immune system. 

Wrong. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/03/17/covid-19-mrna-vaccines-are-not-gene-therapy-as-some-are-claiming/amp/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-22/are-mrna-covid-vaccines-risky-what-the-experts-say-quicktake#:~:text=While the messenger RNA they,Control and Prevention explains.

“While the messenger RNA they employ is a type of genetic material, the vaccines differ from what is typically thought of as gene therapy in that they do not change the DNA inside cells. “They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention explains

Edited by LDSGator

The people who wanted the vaccine got the vaccine.

Using bribery/lotteries to get us to do it isn't going to work.
Using threats of "no jab, no job" isn't going to do it.
Using threats of "no jab, no _______": school, flying, dating, etc. isn't going to work either.

The Govt. can't give this stuff away any longer, that should be their clue to leave us alone now.
The more anyone pushes at this point, the more I'm digging my heals in and they are turning a "wait and see" person like myself into a hostile leave me alone person.

This image has been circulating. It is reportedly to be from the upcoming Friend magazine.
I can't verify it. I will happily delete it if it is not from the Friend. 
Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.3ab1de345f081da7e90a29bdf3d6cd13.jpg

8 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Using bribery/lotteries to get us to do it isn't going to work.
Using threats of "no jab, no job" isn't going to do it.
Using threats of "no jab, no _______": school, flying, dating, etc. isn't going to work either.

Actually, barring those who refuse to get vaccinated from flying or traveling would probably work wonders.When we have to decide between paying the mortgage or refusing the vaccine, the mortgage would win out in the end. 

If your job demanded that you get the shot before returning to work, you (generic!) would have to choose between getting vaccinated or getting fired. 

We (again, generic, not referring to @NeedleinA) like to stomp our feet and refuse to play in the sandbox, but when you have to choose between feeding your families or getting a shot, you’d probably get the shot, regardless of what you say. 

And I’m not in favor of forcing anyone to get the shot, for the record. 

7 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

If your job demanded that you get the shot before returning to work, you (generic!) would have to choose between getting vaccinated or getting fired.

I have no doubt that there are lawyers on the sideline waiting to represent individuals who refused the jab and lost their jobs as a result of it.

Sounds like it is time to get into the Vaccine ID/passport forgery business. Hot market😉

Edited by NeedleinA

• pam unfeatured this topic