NeuroTypical

President Nelson vaccinated

7 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

was trying to hide my counter argument inside a somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment, hoping you'd catch it because you are almost as much of a movie buff as I am.  I guess that failed

My comment was tongue in cheek as well

7 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You have to take a look at the intended meaning behind the words and the actions.

Yes, 100% true.

However, you* must accept reality on her terms (reality). If you choose to use any racial slurs in 2021, regardless of your intentions, you will make many of us think you are a racist. 

*generic use of you

Edited by LDSGator

3 hours ago, LDSGator said:

Literally no one despises anti vaxxers more than I do, but to be fair, I’m not sure that refusing the Covid shot makes you one of them.  

@LDSGator and I walking in lockstep with a vaccine needle mounted on the end of a rifle towards anti-vaxxers.

gandm.jpg

5 hours ago, LDSGator said:

My comment was tongue in cheek as well

I figured the comment about the R-rated movie was.  But I was surprised to hear that you didn't know who Lee Ermey was.  So, I couldn't tell if that was a joke or not.

Yes, 100% true.

Cue the Steve Martin voice: Why, thank you. :) 

However, you* must accept reality on her terms (reality). If you choose to use any racial slurs in 2021, regardless of your intentions, you will make many of us think you are a racist. 

Yes, I agreed with the underlying point you made (as my statement about "yeah, but.." indicated).  But I guess it's just a sad day when people choose to be offended when no offense was intended.

I remember when I was still in college and I was wearing kind of a funny outfit for the day and my hair was all unkempt.  An office mate actually said, "Carb, you're looking all gooky today."

I knew what she meant, but I teasingly responded,"Yup I do.  And I'll try to ignore the racial slur in your statement."  I smiled and she laughed.  Why can't we do that today?

Reality?  Yes. I agree.  That seems to be happening.  But I don't have to like it.