Pandemic hits about 675,000 deaths in the United States.

NeedleinA

I just finished a wonderful documentary on BYU tv called, "I Saw the Hosts of the Dead". 
Long story short, it touches upon the background & circumstances that led Joseph F. Smith to have the vision found in D&C 138. 

It mentioned the Flu Pandemic, oddly enough about 100 years ago. The CDC's website states:

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919.  In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

Here we find ourselves in a 'pandemic'... again. 
I was impressed with a couple of thoughts while watching the show:
1. After 1918, life went on. The world 'overcame' that Pandemic, we all can do the same.
2. It took some ugly events in JFS's life to help push him to the point of the beautiful revelation in Section 138. 

Bored? Looking for something to watch? Give it a try. Not bad, not bad at all.