Steve Hilton and the Origins of COVID-19

Traveler

I am quite sure this thread will become “political” and be canceled – but this is not my intent!  I am trying to understand what is going on.

In recent days this has become a most hot topic.  What Steve Hilton claimed is that Doctor Fauci was once involved in what is called “gain-of-function” research into animal viruses being transmitted to humans – in particular the virus from bats that is the foundation of COVID-19.  It is also claimed that the research was canceled but that Dr. Fauci help get the research moved to China and help get funds from the US to China to continue the research.

This is not intended to be all the details but rather a quick summary.  As I have researched this most of what I have discovered in the media is that all this is “completely” unfounded without any evidence.  But rather it is a conspiracy generated by the Chinese and Russian Governments.

What I found was that there was research into the coronavirus in the USA but was canceled in 2012 and moved to China because it was closer to where a breakout was likely to occur and that the USA did give grant money but through a 3rd party research firm.   I could not determine what if any part Dr. Fauci was involved.

I will now quote from what seems to be somewhat fact checking:

We rate this claim PARTLY FALSE because some of it was not supported by our research. It is misleading to claim that the Obama administration gave funding to a Chinese research institute. It is true that funds were provided to a project where an American research group worked alongside a Chinese organization. Claims that the funding helped produce the pandemic are unsubstantiated.  A total of $3.7 million was not given to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, only about $600,000. 

It is my understanding that “unsubstantiated” does not mean there is no evidence but rather that there is not enough evidence to hold up in a court of law.  I am also a little concerned because it is my understanding that China is not working along with anybody and has refused any research into problems at Wuhan.   I am inclined to think China is not as open as the quote suggests. 

The only conclusion that makes sense to me is that a lot more was known about COVID-19  even prior to the pandemic than what we have been told – and that we are still somewhat being deliberately “kept in the dark”.   But I have no idea who could have possibly been able to get away with all the miss-information.

The Traveler

Um, Traveler?  COVID-19 isn't "the coronavirus", it's "a coronavirus".   A particular iteration of the type of virus that falls under the umbrella of coroniviruses.   It's a pretty big umbrella, with 6 main types of virus, and countless subtypes.  The common cold is caused by cornoavirus.  So was SARS and MERS.

Keep up your research!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, NeuroTypical said:

Um, Traveler?  COVID-19 isn't "the coronavirus", it's "a coronavirus".   A particular iteration of the type of virus that falls under the umbrella of coroniviruses.   It's a pretty big umbrella, with 6 main types of virus, and countless subtypes.  The common cold is caused by cornoavirus.  So was SARS and MERS.

Keep up your research!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

This is correct -  COVID-19 is one type of coronavirus.  In my attempt to do research - I have been dependent on the internet.  What I have attempted to determine is: If the particular strain of COVID-19 that is currently plaguing the globe, the result of "gain-of-function" research.  The deeper I get into this the more confused and unhappy I am.  Studies and papers, that I was once able to reference - I am unable to find or locate.  I would think that the opposite should be the norm - there should be more studies and papers available???

I have some contacts within the medical community that I hoped could shed some light - but to be honest there seems to be more politics involved than information.  Because I once worked for the Defense Department and did research for classified projects I am aware that often "work" associated with the government that was not classified will, over time, become classified for any number of reasons - some reasons make sense and others are obviously political which I believe can include borderline criminal - what side of the border of criminal is a whole other political discussion.   Is there a conspiracy or cover-up?  We can only speculate but my impression at this point is that we are being played but I have no idea by who.  But, it does seem to me that the face of global society is being changed - both politically and economically and who know what else.

In addition I have gone back and listened to our last October conference talks from our prophets - dare I also add prophetesses?  Listening again, at least for me, leaves impressions that I did not get last October.  I was also moved by a church video of Elder Joseph Wirthlin and a theme of - "COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT".  I have experienced that the greatest joys in life come from meeting and successfully overcoming great and difficult challenges.  With this in mind - I think the times are changing and we have opportunity for great joy - but that also includes a possibility for some times of great sorrow.

The Traveler

Just a little update - I have established that "gain of function" includes how to modify a virus common in certain species but not transmitted to humans - to become transmittable to humans.  This means that if Dr.  Fauci was doing gain of function on what we now know as the COVID-19 virus once contained in bats that the research did indeed include studies of how the virus would need to mutate to become a threat to humans.  This has some possibilities of being a subject that would involve a cover-up the likes of which involves corruption that even Hollywood would could not match in their wildest fantasies. 

The Traveler