Laman and Lemuel rebellion

romans8

1 Nephi 2:23 writes "For behold, in that day that they shall rebel against me, I will curse 
them even with a sore curse, and they shall have no power over thy seed except they shall 
rebel against me also
".

I looked at the footnotes but do not see the first time Laman and Lemuel rebel against Nephi
and are cursed or what that curse is.

Does anyone know?

Matteo

1 hour ago, romans8 said:

1 Nephi 2:23 writes "For behold, in that day that they shall rebel against me, I will curse 
them even with a sore curse, and they shall have no power over thy seed except they shall 
rebel against me also
".

I looked at the footnotes but do not see the first time Laman and Lemuel rebel against Nephi

Does anyone know?

Matteo

2 Nephi 5:20-25

I would also suggest taking a look at Alma 3:19. Man bring upon themselves their own curses. I think a lot of the curses the Lamanites faced were just bi-products of their decisions

Edited by Fether

1 hour ago, romans8 said:

rebel against me also
".

Does anyone know?

Matteo

2 Nephi 4 gets into the ongoing and increasing tension between the elder and younger brothers. The bone of contention seems to be focused on Lehi's "first blessing" (the the right of succession and to receive a "double portion" of inheritance belonging to the firstborn child) falling from Laban to Nephi should they refuse to heed his prophetic word (see 2 Nephi1:28-29). We know that Laban and Lemuel had difficulty with that all along.

The moment of rebellion took full measure in 2 Nephi 5: 1-5, once they sought Nephi's life and the Lord warned in a dream to flee).