Anyone Know

Maya

Does everything in the system go wild IF you are related to FOUR lines? Like I have 4 parents..my physical and my adoptive ones... so does the systen go mad if I appear in both with same name?? My physical parents gaveme an other name then.... then it was changed by my adoptive parents...but the problem is also my kids.... these two women who have different names clain them as her own!! :blink: Hmm messy!

I am not sealed to any family yet and I do not knop where I would like to be sealed to either...

Legally, to my knowledge, the only parents having claim at this time are your adoptive parents. When you were adopted, the birth parents gave up all ties to you, legally. The fact that you are willing to keep ties with your birth parents is a wonderful thing, in my opinion. It says alot for you and it is wonderful that your kids have so many giving them attention and love. The PAF system will not give you any problem showing you with two sets of parents. It will just list one set as biological and the other as adoptive or other.

Hi Maya...welcome!

I think that you keeping ties to both sets of parents is wonderful, as well! We adopted my little brother and his birth mom was a big part of his early years. After a while though, she dropped out. It was hard on us all, but my little brother is one tough cookie and we're all so thankful that he's part of our family.

hmm...i think i need to add you to my "friends" list! :)

Does everything in the system go wild IF you are related to FOUR lines? Like I have 4 parents..my physical and my adoptive ones... so does the systen go mad if I appear in both with same name?? My physical parents gaveme an other name then.... then it was changed by my adoptive parents...but the problem is also my kids.... these two women who have different names clain them as her own!! :blink: Hmm messy!

I am not sealed to any family yet and I do not knop where I would like to be sealed to either...

Maya

As others have said the PAF will list both sets of parents. You, however, may be sealed to either when and if they become members of the church. It is your choice, not theirs. Because you can do nothing while thye are still living, I would suggest that you maintain close ties to both and time will tell you which are the right ones when the possibility comes into existance,

Larry P

Hi Maya...welcome!

I think that you keeping ties to both sets of parents is wonderful, as well! We adopted my little brother and his birth mom was a big part of his early years. After a while though, she dropped out. It was hard on us all, but my little brother is one tough cookie and we're all so thankful that he's part of our family.

hmm...i think i need to add you to my "friends" list! :)

Thanks all friends are always well come and I need them all. I am a bit sad that my half sisters dont keep in touch so much... they live in BC Canada. I heard mom and her hubby almost joined LDS.... but they felt they did not have the money to do so. My mom died almost two years a go and I did the work for her about a year ago... it was a very special hapening..

Maya

As others have said the PAF will list both sets of parents. You, however, may be sealed to either when and if they become members of the church. It is your choice, not theirs. Because you can do nothing while thye are still living, I would suggest that you maintain close ties to both and time will tell you which are the right ones when the possibility comes into existance,

Larry P

Do you or anyone know about OGF if that is the same there.. I suppose it is... I mean that it is ok and dont mess the files...

My real dad who never got married to my mom is still alive. We visit him sometimes. And my adoptive mother is alive. I think I want to be sealed to my adoptive parents... after all I was their only child. Then again my family is the only LDS in ALL of those families as far as I know. My adoptive grandfather was the Dean of Helinki university and ALL lutheran preasts had to have their final exams with him. He was a professor of exetics... uh ... the old testament. So it was pretty hard for mom as I become an LDS. My family is very lutheran.