Future taking away from the earth

Jonah

Would someone clarify this section.

D&C 13

"Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah I confer the Priesthood of 
Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels, and of the gospel of 
repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall 
never be taken again from the earth, until the sons of Levi do offer again an 
offering unto the Lord in righteousness
".

What future offering of the Levites would result in the taking away of repentance 
and baptism by immersion?

The Aaronic priesthood won’t be taken from the earth until rightful heirs to this priesthood, meaning the sons of Levi, or rather his direct descendants, again offer sacrifice to the Lord. At that time this appendage of the Melchizedek priesthood will be absorbed back into its original source.

Edited by Wilderland

On 12/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, Jonah said:

I'm sincere.

1 hour ago, Jonah said:

On 6/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, Jonah said:

On 8/25/2020 at 11:38 AM, Jonah said:

On 12/7/2020 at 11:28 AM, Jonah said:

On 1/26/2021 at 11:22 AM, Jonah said:

sincerity-is-eveythingonce-you-learn-to-fake-that-the-rest-is-easy.jpg.547d7749afbd918a264efe07cbeaa2ce.jpg

8 hours ago, Jonah said:

D&C 13

repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall 
".

What future offering of the Levites would result in the taking away of repentance 

None. Repentance and baptism are always required, but the ministering and ordinances thereof are not always administered by the Priesthood of Aaron. The Melchizedek Priest has these same keys, and only by delegation, when instituted, may the Aaronic priesthood exercise them. Anticipating a follow-up question, the gospel of repentance is the invitation to baptism, as John the Baptist did (and as reflected in modern times by the protocols of D&C 68:15-2).

Oliver Cowdery remembered it differently, and his account is also canonized as part of the lengthy footnote in Joseph Smith-History:

Upon you my fellow-servants, in the name of Messiah, I confer this Priesthood and this authority, which shall remain upon earth, that the Sons of Levi may yet offer an offering unto the Lord in righteousness.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

23 hours ago, Jonah said:

D&C 13

".

We are left to some speculation.  However, in ancient Israel when someone was ordained (initiated) to the priesthood (or for any other reason required cleansing) there was a ritual "cleansing" sacrifice that was performed before the priest could officiate in the ordinances at the temple.  This ancient ordinance is, in some modern context called the "Red Heifer" or red cow offering.  This offering was done "outside" the temple or tabernacle.  There is some speculation that D&C 13 makes reference to this ordinance that will restore Israel in the final preparations for their divine King and the restoration of the Temple.

It is my personal speculation that D&C 13 is a prophetic type and shadow of this restoration that will take place when the temple of G-d is restored to Jerusalem.  It is also my speculation that when this ordinance takes place it will be in the spot where Jesus suffered in Gethsemane - I also speculate that this Gethsemane of Christ is not the place established by Constantine but rather is the place where Orson Hyde dedicated Jerusalem for the gathering of Israel.  My final speculation in this matter is that despite all the references (signs) that we are living in the Last-days of the many prophetic calls to those of these last days - that most of the world will not see or hear of it and that many that are given a witness - will ignore it - like the priests and Levites that passed by the man robed on the road to Jericho. 

The Traveler

12 hours ago, Carborendum said:

It's as if he wants us to believe that anti-Mormons are only that way because they lack critical thinking skills.  Well, it wouldn't take too much to convince me of that.

I personally know of several individuals that pursued their understanding of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through a critical eye and an effort to prove the restoration flawed - both to themselves and to the membership of the Church.  Then after exhausting themselves in vane are moved by the spirit and converted.   I do not know the heart of @Jonah but whenever I have gotten to know most any critic better - I am convinced that the best way to respond to those that disapprove is in such a manner, is so that anyone paying attention will be convinced that the criticism is unwarranted.   And yet I still find myself often taking advantage when someone's logic tends toward contradiction and silliness.  Most that pride themselves with religious thinking will logically strain at a gnat and then swallow a camel.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler