Texas Ends Shut Down

Carborendum

https://www.thecentersquare.com/texas/abbott-to-end-texas-shutdown-and-mask-mandate-next-week/article_21761c0a-7ba2-11eb-a14f-b372ccce9ad6.html

Governor Abbott declared that, as of Wed next week, Texas will no longer be in shutdown mode.

No more mask mandate.

EVERY business is allowed to fully open with no restrictions.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

https://www.thecentersquare.com/texas/abbott-to-end-texas-shutdown-and-mask-mandate-next-week/article_21761c0a-7ba2-11eb-a14f-b372ccce9ad6.html

Governor Abbott declared that, as of Wed next week, Texas will no longer be in shutdown mode.

No more mask mandate.

Rock on! Lets go America. 
Which state will be next?
www.thumb.jpg.e94a13d0de6073c1386eb39bb8029b16.jpg

10 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Rock on! Lets go America. 
Which state will be next?

Likely, what will happen is that other states are looking to see how Texas fares.  If the cases/deaths are low, then other states will follow, citing Presidential competence in distributing an effective vaccine.  If not, they will use those numbers to mercilessly mock and condemn their political opponents.

16 hours ago, Carborendum said:

No more mask mandate.

Some of a different mind are calling this reckless.  I tend to agree that this move is somewhat reckless - especially while the current administration is releasing illegal aliens (or if undocumented immigrants suits the reader better) into the State of Texas and over 100 of which have come to be tested positive to COVID-19.  Though this is not exactly the same - it appears to me to be of the same variety of intelligence practiced by a number of states (most specifically New York) of sending infected individuals to retirement homes.

Well I guess we need to test the effectiveness of the current injections (note that I did not call the injections a vaccine - this is because is because the injections do not meet the technical terns specific to vaccines and our current society is too ignorant to know or care about the difference or why) against the varieties COVID-19 strains evolving south of our borders.  I am sure that both political parties will once again have ample ammunition to accuse the other as all this unfolds. 

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler