Is he trolling or repenting?

Fether

*Shrug*  We’ll see where he is in ten years.

One does wonder whether his husband will be as understanding, long-suffering, and supportive of the destruction of their marriage; as straight women are expected to be when their husbands come out.  But again—time will tell.

Dude is a professional provocateur that deals in meta-ironic multiple layers of sarcasm, so I honestly can't tell.  We'll have to see.   Yes, everything about him is nonstop trolling, but I can't tell who or what is being trolled, or why.

I will point out that Anne Rice, author of the Interview with a Vampire books, has a fun multidecade long rollercoaster ride in and out of Christianity and Catholicism.  Some of that is reflected in her vampire books.

It was once said that - "You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time."  What I have a hard time with is understanding why anyone would want to fool anybody ever? - Especially themselves.  Shakespeare once said, "To thine own self be true and it shall follow as the night the day,  Thou cannot not be false with any man."  I am convinced that efforts to deceive (or hide truth) does the most damage to the culprit. 

Having observed so many times (especially with myself) when things go upside down wrong - the greater error or sin is always in the effort to cover it up.  I am also convinced that it is not near as bad to be deceived by a liar as it is to refuse to believe (or welcome or support) someone telling (or trying to tell) the truth.

The Traveler

32 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Shakespeare once said, "To thine own self be true and it shall follow as the night the day,  Thou cannot not be false with any man."

I'd like to interject something not germane to the topic, but with this quote.

It is important to note that Shakespeare never said this.  He wrote it to be said by the character Plonius.  The nit-picky distinction here is that Polonius was kind of a doofus.  And these "pearls of wisdom" that he was imparting to his son as he was preparing to head out to school abroad were considered cliche'd and naive attempts at wisdom.  Things that they teach you in kindergarten kind of things.  The fact these very trite sayings were the best that Polonius could come up with were an indication of how much of a fool he was.  Such was his lack of mental capacity.  He also didn't follow his own advice.

Today, people tend to invoke them as profound, when it was never meant to be that way by Shakespeare, himself.

Edited by Carborendum

9 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

It is important to note that Shakespeare never said this.  He wrote it to be said by the character Plonius.  The nit-picky distinction here is that Polonius was kind of a doofus.  And these "pearls of wisdom" that he was imparting to his son as he was preparing to head out to school abroad were considered cliche'd and naive attempts at wisdom.  Things that they teach you in kindergarten kind of things.  The fact these very trite sayings were the best that Polonius could come up with were an indication of how much of a fool he was.  Such was his lack of mental capacity.  He also didn't follow his own advice.

Today, people tend to invoke them as profound, when it was never meant to be that way by Shakespeare, himself.

I think you missed Shakespeare's irony of literary tragedy.  Plonius proves the point of the saying by not being true to himself.

The Traveler

14 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I think you missed Shakespeare's irony of literary tragedy.  Plonius proves the point of the saying by not being true to himself.

Did I?

27 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

He also didn't follow his own advice.

No, it doesn't seem like I did.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

What a piece of work is man!

1 hour ago, Vort said:

I $ee many po$$ible rea$on$ to de¢ieve $omeone.

Milo has been particularly quiet the last couple years. It was actually my first thought that this might be the first in a series of inappropriate jokes to poke at the far left.

But his long period of silence may be evidence of his attempts to reinvigorate his catholic beliefs. Michael Knowles, a catholic political speaker himself, said he had heard Milo was spending a lot of time recently trying to deepen his catholic faith.

45 minutes ago, Fether said:

Milo has been particularly quiet the last couple years. It was actually my first thought that this might be the first in a series of inappropriate jokes to poke at the far left.

But his long period of silence may be evidence of his attempts to reinvigorate his catholic beliefs. Michael Knowles, a catholic political speaker himself, said he had heard Milo was spending a lot of time recently trying to deepen his catholic faith.

For his sake, I hope that's the case.