The Beast

Carborendum

Ok, it's time for this month's edition of Carboggeddon.  That's right.  Carborendum's newsletter on things to look for in the coming apocalypse.  All kidding aside...

My missionary daughter was discussing the Book of Revelation with her district in a recent meeting.  Some things in her weekly email to us led me to think about The Beast.

For centuries many people thought of the Beast as being Emperor Nero.  He certainly seemed to satisfy the description as far as the persecution of the Saints of God.  And his name/title "Neron Caesar" in Greek (?) provided the gematriot = 666.  So, there really was no question that Nero was the Beast Spoken of in the Book of Revelation... Only... it wasn't really him because Christ's coming didn't happen anywhere near that time.  In fact, Christianity thrived for centuries after his death.  And still... no Second Coming.

But after reading some of what my daughter wrote, I wondered, though, if this was a symbol inside of a symbol.  Maybe John actually meant Nero, but not Nero.  He was just a type and shadow of The Beast.  But we would know The Beast by certain behaviors and traits that paralleled some things that Nero did.

While he was known for many acts which were both evil and just plain wacko, there is one single act that almost everyone who's ever heard of him mentions.  He fiddled as Rome burned.  I was going to write more.  But I feared that would break the rules of the forum.

Edited by Carborendum

56 minutes ago, Fether said:

Obama is the beast.

Oh sorry, I forgot it wasn’t 2009 anymore

I remember when people were claiming that.  So, I set about looking for any similarities.  I looked and itemized out every point about what made the beast "the Beast".  I then studied everything people said about Obama and why he was the beast.  I couldn't find a single thing.

20 hours ago, Carborendum said:

download.png.9b5de0418118faafce38ae81149cafec.png

This ^^ is a most unusual manner of expressing admiration and appreciation for my sharp wit and brilliant sense of humour. I guess there are still aspects of Tex-orean culture that I still don't understand :) 

2 hours ago, askandanswer said:

This ^^ is a most unusual manner of expressing admiration and appreciation for my sharp wit and brilliant sense of humour. I guess there are still aspects of Tex-orean culture that I still don't understand :) 

In case my subtle barb was lost on one who is unfamiliar with Tex-orean culture...

"Your joke fell flat."

-- I can't help but notice the irony on both of us.

Edited by Carborendum

On 3/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, Carborendum said:

Ok, it's time for this month's edition of Carboggeddon.  That's right.  Carborendum's newsletter on things to look for in the coming apocalypse.  All kidding aside...

My missionary daughter was discussing the Book of Revelation with her district in a recent meeting.  Some things in her weekly email to us led me to think about The Beast.

For centuries many people thought of the Beast as being Emperor Nero.  He certainly seemed to satisfy the description as far as the persecution of the Saints of God.  And his name/title "Neron Caesar" in Greek (?) provided the gematriot = 666.  So, there really was no question that Nero was the Beast Spoken of in the Book of Revelation... Only... it wasn't really him because Christ's coming didn't happen anywhere near that time.  In fact, Christianity thrived for centuries after his death.  And still... no Second Coming.

But after reading some of what my daughter wrote, I wondered, though, if this was a symbol inside of a symbol.  Maybe John actually meant Nero, but not Nero.  He was just a type and shadow of The Beast.  But we would know The Beast by certain behaviors and traits that paralleled some things that Nero did.

While he was known for many acts which were both evil and just plain wacko, there is one single act that almost everyone who's ever heard of him mentions.  He fiddled as Rome burned.  I was going to write more.  But I feared that would break the rules of the forum.

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. I do believe that John was referring to Nero but also that the beast and its mark is not just one single person or concept but rather the spirit of it which continues until Jesus says: it is enough. During the ages we have seen rotten leaders who behave just like him, blaming and persecuting the saints or the seekers. A corrupt and tyrannic ruler.

But I'm just guessing here. sadly, the church anything official about it... which is also why I'm guessing that it at least refers to Nero since he probably wouldn't have spiritual significance to us (maybe)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 3:50 PM, Carborendum said:

Back in 1975 near death experiencer Dannion Brinkley was shown some details about one version of the Mark of the Beast that was at least interesting......

but I personally think that Ezekiel chapter thirty seven, combined with Revelations chapter twenty, combined with Romans chapters nine, ten and eleven may imply......

that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus uses Applied Multiverse Theory to set in motion multiple time lines........

and a warning given to all of us as early as 1975.....

can give us time to pray and change our ways... .and set in motion a series of events where this variation of the Mark of the Beast is delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed.......  perhaps by as much as by one to four or five decades??????????????

Dannion Brinkley:
BOX 12: Technology & Virus

The 11th box was gone & I was into the 12th box. Its visions addressed an important event in the distant future, the decade of the 90's (remember, this was 1975), when many of the great changes would take place. In this box, I watched as a biological engineer from the Middle East found a way to alter DNA & create a biological virus that would be used in the manufacture of computer chips. This discovery allowed for huge strides in science & technology. Japan, China, & other countries of the Pacific Rim experienced boom times as a result of this discovery & became powers of incredible magnitude. Computer chips produced from this process found their way into virtually every form of technology, from cars & airplanes to vacuum cleaners & blenders.

Before the turn of the century, this man was among the richest in the world, so rich that he had a stranglehold on the world economy. Still the world welcomed him, since the computer chips he had designed somehow put the world on an even keel. Gradually, he succumbed to his own power. He began to think of himself as a deity & insisted on greater control of the world. With that extra control, he began to rule the world.

His method of rule was unique. Everyone in the world was mandated by law to have one of his computer chips inserted underneath his or her skin. This chip contained all of an individual's personal information. If a government agency wanted to know something, all it had to do was scan your chip with a special device. By doing so, it could discover everything about you, from where you worked & lived to your medical records & even what kind of illnesses you might get in the future.

There was an even more sinister side to this chip. A person's lifetime could be limited by programming this chip to dissolve & kill him with the viral substance it was made from. Lifetimes were controlled like this to avoid the cost that growing old places on the government. It was also used as a means of eliminating people with chronic illnesses that put a drain on the medical system. People who refused to have chips implanted in their bodies roamed as outcasts. They could not be employed & were denied government services." (Dannion Brinkley, Saved By The Light, chapter 5)

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

On 3/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, Carborendum said:

Something interesting that was noted by someone else.  It was in a political context, but to be honest, it doesn't really need to be political at all.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

It mentions that people will wear the this mark on their hand or their foreheads.

It was pointed out that we do this all the time these days.  We don't even realize it, but to someone from the past, it would appear that we were wearing this stuff on our foreheads.

When you wear a Baseball cap with a team name or some slogan, or even a name, we are literally wearing it across our foreheads!

Many people will wear rings with things like this on their right hand (the left being reserved many times for wedding rings or other rings that indicate one is in a relationship) as well. 

It could be something that people are wearing openly and not even realizing that they are literally having something right across their foreheads!

Not that it IS this at all, it was just an interesting observation that we do this already in some ways.  If we are not observant, it could be that something we take as something everyone else is doing and/or is needed, will be the very thing we were warned to watch for.

As an aside, but in relation to the discussion above... I do NOT think Obama was the Beast in the Least...but many DID wear his name across their foreheads or waved flags with his name in their hands...though I don't think it was Obama at all, it's not a stretch to think when the real Beast comes around that could very well be a way that people recognize who is for the Beast and who is not...

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, the Christian's worst nightmare is coming true.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/last-pandemic-science-military-60-minutes-2021-04-11/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7d&linkId=115939030

I do not believe a "chip" is the mark of the beast.  I believe that there is a societal system that is the mark of the beast.  And this chip is only a small (no pun intended) part of it.  It is simply a tool to help implement the mark of the beast.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/last-pandemic-science-military-60-minutes-2021-04-11/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7d&linkId=115939030

I do not believe a "chip" is the mark of the beast.  I believe that there is a societal system that is the mark of the beast.  And this chip is only a small (no pun intended) part of it.  It is simply a tool to help implement the mark of the beast.

I would make a couple of observations from my own research.

First - I do not trust much of what CBS news prints about anything.  It may be just me but anything that comes from CBS news or "60 Minutes" - I want to see the data.  I am in complete agreement with Dr. Rand Paul when addressing Dr. Fauci said in essence.  Stop giving us your opinion and show us the data from which you drew your opinion.  It is my assumption that if the data in question is not referenced (presented) it is because there is none or that the data is insufficient to draw the conclusion.   I have learned that journalists, especially to cover a bias opinion, love to quote "experts" (often each other  in infinite loop circles) rather than data.

Second - The article makes many vague and unprovable references that cannot be verified.  There are al lot of assumptions and innuendos made - jumping to conclusions.  With statements like it may have come from military research.  

Third - if one takes some time to talk directly with a scientist involved in COVID-19 treatment research one can learn that the so called vaccines are not technically a vaccine but rather gene therapy.   Specifically gene therapy that has it origins in cancer treatments.

My forth and final thought from this post - The Beast that is the enemy of Christians is based not in a rock solid foundation of the light of intelligence and truth but rather constructed entirely upon a shifty sandy foundation of lies and misdirection.

The Traveler

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

First - I do not trust much of what CBS news prints about anything. 

I think you missed the entire point of the post.  It isn't about COVID.  It is about government having a "valid" reason to put a tracking device in your body with personal data that they can keep track of.

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

My forth and final thought from this post - The Beast that is the enemy of Christians is based not in a rock solid foundation of the light of intelligence and truth but rather constructed entirely upon a shifty sandy foundation of lies and misdirection.

Exactly the point I was making.  Their overt claim doesn't have to be true.  It just has to be "plausible" enough to sell to the general public.  And once that's done, then they can do whatever the heck they want.

I've never been of the opinion that the mark was literal but rather figurative like much of John's writings. With physical money going away as we transition into the digital age it is becoming increasingly easier for those in power to put a hold on the finances of those that oppose them. Just ask those who try to run from the IRS. If John wanted to be literal he should have said the mark would be on their right bum cheek. 😆 

31 minutes ago, laronius said:

I've never been of the opinion that the mark was literal but rather figurative like much of John's writings. With physical money going away as we transition into the digital age it is becoming increasingly easier for those in power to put a hold on the finances of those that oppose them. Just ask those who try to run from the IRS. If John wanted to be literal he should have said the mark would be on their right bum cheek. 😆 

I have a hard time with the arguments over literal and symbolic - especially when it comes to scriptures.  But here are some thoughts.  In the ancient world it was customary to mark one's forehead according to their covenants.  We still see this today in the Hindu culture.   The red dot can have two meanings.  Among women it often signifies devotion to their marriage covenant - this mark is called a bindi.  On a man the dot most often refers to the "third eye" (what we would think of as a spiritual eye) and is called Tilak.  So in summary a mark on one's forehead indicates devotion and covenant with G-d.

That John uses this as an indication of the Beast is most curious.   It is my personal opinion that most of the Christian world does not understand that the Beast will be associated with religious devotions and tightly coupled with being "religious".  I believe most try to think of the Beast in terms of worldliness or in line with atheism or agnosticism rather than something of religious nature.  Another thought is that in the ancient world it was considered a form of worship to pay money (wealth) to G-d.  It was believed that the more you could pay the more G-d would be pleased.  Part of this idea was to make one's payments seen by others like unto passing around a plate to receive monies.   We see reference to this false doctrine when Jesus referred to the widow's mite.   One point I think we should all realize is that we tend to pay money to things we love.  Beyond my personal tithes and offerings - I spend more on skiing, cycling and my guitar than my car - which is 30 years old.  So in essence how we spend money is indeed an indication of what we love and worship.

The final point I think I would make in response - the Revelation of John (I believe) is more of a personal guide for individuals in the last days than it is a means to preach to others.  Thus what is the Beast for one is not necessarily the Beast for others but rather that which we allow in our lives to substitute for the true and living G-d.

The Traveler

58 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I have a hard time with the arguments over literal and symbolic - especially when it comes to scriptures.  But here are some thoughts.  In the ancient world it was customary to mark one's forehead according to their covenants.  We still see this today in the Hindu culture.   The red dot can have two meanings.  Among women it often signifies devotion to their marriage covenant - this mark is called a bindi.  On a man the dot most often refers to the "third eye" (what we would think of as a spiritual eye) and is called Tilak.  So in summary a mark on one's forehead indicates devotion and covenant with G-d.

That John uses this as an indication of the Beast is most curious.   It is my personal opinion that most of the Christian world does not understand that the Beast will be associated with religious devotions and tightly coupled with being "religious".  I believe most try to think of the Beast in terms of worldliness or in line with atheism or agnosticism rather than something of religious nature.  Another thought is that in the ancient world it was considered a form of worship to pay money (wealth) to G-d.  It was believed that the more you could pay the more G-d would be pleased.  Part of this idea was to make one's payments seen by others like unto passing around a plate to receive monies.   We see reference to this false doctrine when Jesus referred to the widow's mite.   One point I think we should all realize is that we tend to pay money to things we love.  Beyond my personal tithes and offerings - I spend more on skiing, cycling and my guitar than my car - which is 30 years old.  So in essence how we spend money is indeed an indication of what we love and worship.

The final point I think I would make in response - the Revelation of John (I believe) is more of a personal guide for individuals in the last days than it is a means to preach to others.  Thus what is the Beast for one is not necessarily the Beast for others but rather that which we allow in our lives to substitute for the true and living G-d.

The Traveler

I think your points are valid and ultimately what should concern us the most. What others can do to us physically or temporally is of far lesser importance than what we do to ourselves spiritually. The true beast is ultimately no more than the natural man within us. That it is displayed on hands and foreheads would indicate an individual whose life is governed by their baser passions. But as is often the case fulfillment of prophecy can have multiple layers to it and so the beast may very well manifest itself in any number of ways.

On 4/13/2021 at 7:29 AM, Carborendum said:

WELL, if we are going to go that route, almost all of them already have the mark of the beast and they didn't even have to get vaccinated....or anything else...they do it willingly.

Most of them have the mark in their right hand and many times right on their head.  It's called a Cellphone.  You can't even get people to put them down in church!  It's always in their hands.

You can make purchases off of it, and many businesses now expect that you will have one in order to actually do business with them!

It's funny, how so many things may match what people think is the mark of the beast, but the ones that actually most closely mirror it in society is conveniently ignored by those decrying other things.

[Not that I actually believe a Cell phone is the mark of the Beast, but it sure matches it more closely than the chip I think.  Plus, I thought I christians worst nightmare would be to go to the bad place if your LDS...and to find out that the Mormons (collectively multiple religions in this grouping) were the right ones after all for all the other Christians (joke of course)].

19 hours ago, Traveler said:

It is still popular today, just for different things.

How many wear a Dodgers hat, or a Green Bay Packers Hat, or a Nike Hat, or any other name right across their forehead?