Mosiah 26:23

askandanswer

23  For it is I that taketh upon me the sins of the world; for it is I that hath created them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.

(Book of Mormon | Mosiah 26:23)

What does the bolded, underlined word refer to?

Them is us.

Ether Chapter 3

14 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.

15 And never have I showed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man believed in me as thou hast. Seest thou that ye are created after mine own image? Yea, even all men were created in the beginning after mine own image.

Edited by mikbone

6 hours ago, askandanswer said:

23  For it is I that taketh upon me the sins of the world; for it is I that hath created them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.

(Book of Mormon | Mosiah 26:23)

What does the bolded, underlined word refer to?

Although it is not widely understood in the Church, in the beginning Jesus Christ participated with his Father in the creation of man, as is amply demonstrated in the following verse from the Pearl of Great Price.

26 And I, God, said unto mine Only Begotten, which was with me from the beginning: Let US make man in OUR image, after our likeness; and it was so. And I, God, said: Let them have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (Moses 2)

Edited by Jersey Boy