I took a test to determine which religion I was closest to and my score was LDS!

DennisTate

No kidding......

I found the test here:

https://www.beliefnet.com/entertainment/quizzes/beliefomatic.aspx

Here is the result that I got after I took the test:

Your result is
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Your beliefs match closest with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

That is kind of nifty.....
I do regard Latter day Saints as some of the nicest Christians that I have ever met....
and I do like the fact that they teach hope in the afterlife for the deceased.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-41-the-postmortal-spirit-world?lang=eng

“Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection” (Alma 40:12–14).

The spirits are classified according to the purity of their lives and their obedience to the will of the Lord while on earth. The righteous and the wicked are separated (see 1 Nephi 15:28–30), but the spirits may progress as they learn gospel principles and live in accordance with them. The spirits in paradise can teach the spirits in prison (see D&C 138).

Here is the link to another discussion forum and I am giving you this link because it seems to me that I have at least somewhat set some of your LDS missionaries up.... especially if they are very interested in Science.

This is on the "Religion" sub forum of Sciforums  .com

My reply is post number eight on page one of this discussion.... 

feel total freedom to delete this comment if it is not kosher for me to add a link to a different discussion forum?

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/which-belief-system-most-closely-matches-my-religious-spiritual-beliefs-2021-poll.164029/

"Which belief system most closely matches my religious spiritual beliefs 2021 poll"
I am Dennis Tate on that forum.  

@DennisTate, that's all well in good.... but there's MUCH more to being an LDS Christian than taking a online quiz.  It's not like Protestantism where you just drift in and out or take things cafeteria style.  Rather there is a package set of base beliefs, a formal structure or organization, of baptism/joining, etc.   

1 minute ago, Jane_Doe said:

@DennisTate, that's all well in good.... but there's MUCH more to being an LDS Christian than taking a online quiz.  It's not like Protestantism where you just drift in and out or take things cafeteria style.  Rather there is a package set of base beliefs, a formal structure or organization, of baptism/joining, etc.   

Exactly..... being baptized as a member of the LDS church .... or any church for that matter is a serious commitment.  I admit it......  I am not anxious or impatient to be re-baptized again for the third time even though I basically am impressed with the LDS church and doctrines, (especially with the truly hopeful and positive teachings on the state of the dead).  

Most of the fellowship that I do is with members of my wife's church, Pentecostals... I have been praying and asking to be shown clearly what Jesus wants me to do and I am pretty sure that once we sell our home in Nova Scotia and move to the province of Ontario I will be able to fellowship with Latter day Saints more easily because at this time I am nearly an hour and a half from the nearest LDS ward.  

• 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, LDSGator said:

Dude, this is the same test I took before I joined the church! That is so cool!   

thank you for finding this @DennisTate

And I just read a few seconds ago that you Latter day Saints built the set for The Chosen!!!!!!!!!

Wow.... and THANK YOU!!!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chosen_(TV_series)

Filming

Season 1 was filmed over 60 days in Weatherford, Texas, and used the existing Capernaum Village, which offers film set rental and live experiences for tourists, to recreate the historical Capernaum. The filming was supplemented by a sound stage and visual effects.[16]

Season 2 moved filming to Utah's version of ancient Israel in Goshen, Utah County, where The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints built a replica Jerusalem movie set to film scenes for their Bible and Book of Mormon videos.[17] This marks the first time a production not affiliated with the LDS church has been granted access to film on this set.[18]

Season 2 was filmed during the COVID-19 pandemic, creating challenges for film production. 2,000 extras were used to film the Sermon on the Mount scene, all of whom were required to obtain a negative PCR test prior to filming. Following COVID-19 protocols cost the production of season 2 an additional $750,000.[19]

On 3/31/2021 at 5:26 PM, DennisTate said:

LOL. I matched most closely with Orthodox Quakers. I can't imagine that is accurate. I don't know what quakers believe.

20 hours ago, e v e said:

LOL. I matched most closely with Orthodox Quakers. I can't imagine that is accurate. I don't know what quakers believe.

Actually....  in a way perhaps I am a "Quaker" because 

Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong was a Quaker who founded the Worldwide Church of God which was the organization to get me up out of Atheism back in 1972 and 1973.  

In 1990 I did have the unusual manifestation of the Holy Spirit of shaking like a leaf for what seemed to be hours.........

has anybody else here had that happen to them?

• 1 year later...