One brave step closer to bread lines. Rejoice!

Vort

4 minutes ago, Vort said:

Interesting.

It sounds as if the stores were struggling already and under consideration to be closed as well.  With the mandate to pay $4 more (or the $5 in Los Angeles) would indicate that this would toss them over the edge.  If this is correct, and they had 300 employees, that were employed full time (doubtful, but giving them the benefit of the doubt) that would probably be around 130,000 USD a week.  Close to Half a Million a month in additional pay they would have to give out.

That seems awfully low for a Grocery store's margins, but it could be.  With margins that close it is not a wonder why they were considering closing them to begin with and why any change in the costs would force them over the boundery to need to close instead.

45 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

You know what makes me sad?

Reading that the century-long fall of the Roman Empire was basically it tearing itself apart from the inside because of institutional dysfunction and an entitled populace that had grown so fat and full of itself, people just got stupid.

My sadness is tempered by the thought that, maybe, my family and friends don't have to share that fate with the rest of the fat and stupid.

12 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Always hang out with fat people . . . You may need them, later.

Food storage.

Note that by saying "...the rest of the fat and stupid", I was perhaps including myself and my family and friends among their numbers. I don't claim not to be fat or stupid; I just don't want to end up like the rest of them.

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

You know what makes me sad?

Reading that the century-long fall of the Roman Empire was basically it tearing itself apart from the inside because of institutional dysfunction and an entitled populace that had grown so fat and full of itself, people just got stupid.

I am more concerned with criminal organizations taking over governments designed for the freedoms and liberties of all it peoples - As per the Book of Mormon.  The pattern is quite clear in creating two kinds of justice - those in the organization - including those that support the criminal elements and everybody else.  

I have posted before that I believe that international criminal organizations are influencing our government in the USA.  Here is a simple way to discover those politicians that are under the control of international criminal organizations: They support -- Open borders, abolishing ICE, defunding the police, limiting the second amendment especially for responsible citizens, federal control of the police, federal control of education, the use of military against citizens and the use of force (fear) to control the citizens.

The Traveler

On 4/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, JohnsonJones said:

With the mandate to pay $4 more (or the $5 in Los Angeles) would indicate that this would toss them over the edge.  If this is correct, and they had 300 employees, that were employed full time (doubtful, but giving them the benefit of the doubt) that would probably be around 130,000 USD a week.

On a different (though related note), this highlights that regardless of whatever amount government sets for compensation the true minimum wage is always $0. If they had 300 employees, and the government says they get paid $4 more, in the end they now get paid $0.