Women represented more in general conference

Fether

I have heard a bit of a stir about this over the last week from a couple different sources. They are complain about the lack of women speaking in General conference.

I was curious to hear from a couple women from the forum. Do you wish this as well? Or is this just an anti-patriarchy /feminist type wish?

Is hearing a woman talk about Christ different than hearing a man talk about Christ? 

I won’t tag anyone out of fear of forgetting someone and / or mis gendering a brother as being female, I’ll just hope this reaches the female part of the forum.

Edited by Fether

As one of this forum's former women, I will raise my voice in proclaiming that we need to hear from more Icelanders in General Conference. There is a deplorable lack of Icelandic-themed talks, not to mention GA names. Okkur vantar fleiri íslensku ræðumenn á Aðalráðstefnuna! Heyrum það fyrir Íslendinga!

Actual woman here :)

I want to hear good messages, and I really don't care what the speaker looks like / gender / nationality /etc.  Really don't care.  

That being said, I do know faithful LDS woman whom do desire to have both gender partners speaking.  Somebody that they feel has traveled a road more similar to theirs and can relate to the hard / good times they are going through.   And I understand and sympathize with that.  

Umm, what do these sources who have such inflexible notions of “gender”, have to say about our nation’s assistant “secretary of health” who has [had?] male genitalia and a Y chromosome passing himself off as a “woman”, wearing skirts and demanding we call him “Rachel” as while insisting that chemical castration of children is a medically necessary and appropriate procedure.

Make up your minds, kids.  Gender is either irrelevant, or it’s not.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

11 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Umm, what do these sources who have such inflexible notions of “gender”, have to say about our nation’s assistant “secretary of health” who has [had?] male genitalia and a Y chromosome passing himself off as a “woman”, wearing skirts and demanding we call him “Rachel” as while insisting that chemical castration of children is a medically necessary and appropriate procedure.

Make up your minds, kids.  Gender is either irrelevant, or it’s not.

As I understand, agency was the most important principle with our Father in the pre-existence and the exercising of one's agency was more relevant than maintaining one's empirical and eternal gender.  I would like to think I am not one to miss use my agency - but I know better and have lots to repent of.  Never-the-less, it seems that some have departed from what is rational with their agency and I have spent many years trying to figure out what I ought to do with those that are so much more irrational about their agency than I thought possible.  So I wonder, if my attitudes towards off the rails use of agency are more like my spiritual Father or the concerns of Lucifer about allowing everyone agency.

The Traveler