THANK YOU to all LDS for building the set for The Chosen!

I just read a minute or so ago that you Latter day Saints constructed the set or stage for the second season of The Chosen and I would like to pass on a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

That film series is PHENOMENAL and the numbers of people who are turning to Jesus because of it is going to astonish all of us.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chosen_(TV_series)

Filming

Season 1 was filmed over 60 days in Weatherford, Texas, and used the existing Capernaum Village, which offers film set rental and live experiences for tourists, to recreate the historical Capernaum. The filming was supplemented by a sound stage and visual effects.[16]

Season 2 moved filming to Utah's version of ancient Israel in Goshen, Utah County, where The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints built a replica Jerusalem movie set to film scenes for their Bible and Book of Mormon videos.[17] This marks the first time a production not affiliated with the LDS church has been granted access to film on this set.[18]

Season 2 was filmed during the COVID-19 pandemic, creating challenges for film production. 2,000 extras were used to film the Sermon on the Mount scene, all of whom were required to obtain a negative PCR test prior to filming. Following COVID-19 protocols cost the production of season 2 an additional $750,000.[19]

On 5/1/2021 at 12:07 PM, DennisTate said:

I just read a minute or so ago that you Latter day Saints constructed the set or stage for the second season of The Chosen and I would like to pass on a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

That film series is PHENOMENAL and the numbers of people who are turning to Jesus because of it is going to astonish all of us.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chosen_(TV_series)

Is the program a general christian themed series? I have been watching Michael Landon's Highway to Heaven series the last few weeks. Its lovely and very kind the christian point of view in the series. But then I liked little house on the prairie too. :)

14 hours ago, e v e said:

Is the program a general christian themed series? I have been watching Michael Landon's Highway to Heaven series the last few weeks. Its lovely and very kind the christian point of view in the series. But then I liked little house on the prairie too. :)

In my opinion The Chosen is arguably the best attempt to recreate the events of the life of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus that I have seen so far in my sixty one years.  

In my opinion it is playing around in the same league with The Passion although the series has not yet made it to the time of the death, burial and resurrection of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.