Matthew 11:29 - 30

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

That's what it said on https://news.yahoo.com/prince-told-he-had-aids-weeks-before-his-death-104022008.html

https://www.hivplusmag.com/stigma/2016/6/02/prince-died-hiv-stigma-lives

If it's on the internet, it HAS TO BE TRUE!!!  :eek:

When it's on both the tabloids and the mainstream news as well as on discussion boards... Yeah, I think he was.  But different sources are getting different timelines.  But it appeared that he decided to OD when he realized the disease wasn't going anywhere.

So much for the formerly known as.  He's now known as the late artist formerly known as... the artist formerly known as ... Prince.

Wow! I had no idea.

I admire him as an artist but I have a vastly different taste in music. That said, my first slow dance was to one of his songs! Wherever Eileen Whatsherface is, I hope she’s happy! 

13 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Wow! I had no idea.

I admire him as an artist but I have a vastly different taste in music. That said, my first slow dance was to one of his songs! Wherever Eileen Whatsherface is, I hope she’s happy! 

I actually liked his music as a kid. Unfortunately, I was just interested in the hook and recognizable tunes and danceable beat rather than real musical genius.

But with the benefit of more age and musical training, yeah, he was talented.  I still like Billy Joel better.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, romans8 said:

I have talked to Jehovah's Witnesses. They told me I worship a false Christ if I believe he is God.

We, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, believe that judgment of a person's eternal destiny is left up to Jesus Christ alone.  He is the Only eternal judge of both quick and dead.  

I am disappointed that you have chosen a faith that tells you that you can judge another's fate by virtue of a single phrase spoken in a single conversation.  Not only that, but you have judged the fate of one person by the words of another person.

I don't think I could ever subscribe to a philosophy of man that tells me to judge another like that.

Edited by Carborendum