War in the Middle East

Traveler

Just wondering - are the events in the Middle East bringing the world closer to war?  As I understand the escalation of conflict on the Islamic side comes primarily from Hamas which is funded (ideologically and economically) by Iran - which should indicate elements of political influence within our own government and political society.  In short it is an Iranian proxy war - beginning in Israel with some indications from demonstrations to have influence on our government as an ally of Israel .  It would appear that our country's new administration is being tested or believed to be weak by the leaders in Iran.  I do not know how we can have an intelligent discussion about anything associated with the Middle East without realizing political differences in the USA.

Maybe all this is according to prophesy and a sign and wonder specific to the Last-days.  Any suggestion of what will become of this?

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

13 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Just wondering - are the events in the Middle East bringing the world closer to war?

No. 

Questions like this occur every time something happens in the Middle East. 

If I wake up every morning and say “Today is the day I’m going to die.” Eventually I’ll be correct, but it doesn’t make me a prophet. All men are mortal after all. 

Every time the PLO fires rockets into Israel (a cowardly and immoral act) someone asks the question if it’ll lead us to end times. 

17 hours ago, Traveler said:

Just wondering - are the events in the Middle East bringing the world closer to war?  As I understand the escalation of conflict on the Islamic side comes primarily from Hamas which is funded (ideologically and economically) by Iran - which should indicate elements of political influence within our own government and political society.  In short it is an Iranian proxy war - beginning in Israel with some indications from demonstrations to have influence on our government as an ally of Israel .  It would appear that our country's new administration is being tested or believed to be weak by the leaders in Iran.  I do not know how we can have an intelligent discussion about anything associated with the Middle East without realizing political differences in the USA.

Maybe all this is according to prophesy and a sign and wonder specific to the Last-days.  Any suggestion of what will become of this?

The Traveler

No idea, but I have seen a disturbing trend among academia in the past few days.  They seem more than ready to condemn Israel rather than others and side against Israel.

If this is a rising trend, it could signal a dangerous change of precedence in the US in it's attitude towards Israel.  Much of Europe is not pro-Israel at this point either. 

I hope it doesn't come to War.

More likely, if it does, it will be more regional with Israel going in again to the affected areas and clearing it out, and possibly to an adjoining nation. 

It could spread from there, though it has not in the past. 

Hopefully, instead they will come to some sort of more peaceful terms than what has been occurring recently.

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

No idea, but I have seen a disturbing trend among academia in the past few days.  They seem more than ready to condemn Israel rather than others and side against Israel.

If this is a rising trend, it could signal a dangerous change of precedence in the US in it's attitude towards Israel.  Much of Europe is not pro-Israel at this point either. 

I first noticed this in 1998.  I saw it gaining a lot of steam around 2007 or 2008 (can't remember exactly which year).  So, this is not "all of a sudden".  It's been growing steadily.  And with everyone on social media, and the social media giants encouraging the condemnation of Israel and shutting down all condemnation of Palestinians (calling it hate speech) we certainly hear more of it and are led to believe it is the majority opinion.  

But even today, I believe there are more of us than there are of them.  We just seemingly have no power on the public communication network.

It would seem that things are not getting closer to a resolution.  From the onset of this latest conflict I have had the impressions that this is different than in the past.  Perhaps @Carborendum's post is relevant in that there just does not seem to be any pressure to bring Hamas to the table.  When I visited Israel the feeling was that if the anti elements towards the Jews were to cease hostilities and disarm that there would be no more conflict.  If the Jews were to end their responses to hostilities and disarm that there would be no more Israel.   

It now appears that the hostilities have expanded into Lebanon.  There also seems to be indications that Iran is the engine of this conflict.  The question is - what will the USA do?  It does not appear to be much beyond rhetoric.  We will see as defense supplies become used up in Israel.

The Traveler

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

The question is - what will the USA do?  It does not appear to be much beyond rhetoric.  We will see as defense supplies become used up in Israel.

We have a generation gap issue in the US.  Folks 40+ remember staunch unconditional support of Israel from every president in memory through Bush II.  The last 12 years have had some dial-tone lukewarm stuff, 4 years of polarizing loud in-your-face stuff, and now maybe more dial-tone lukewarm stuff.   Congress has some quite vocal pro-palestinian voices, that are quite popular with growing percentages of democrats, especially younger ones.

I figure the US will stand with Israel, but the US media won't cover it much.

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

It would seem that things are not getting closer to a resolution.  From the onset of this latest conflict I have had the impressions that this is different than in the past.  Perhaps @Carborendum's post is relevant in that there just does not seem to be any pressure to bring Hamas to the table.  When I visited Israel the feeling was that if the anti elements towards the Jews were to cease hostilities and disarm that there would be no more conflict.  If the Jews were to end their responses to hostilities and disarm that there would be no more Israel.   

It now appears that the hostilities have expanded into Lebanon.  There also seems to be indications that Iran is the engine of this conflict.  The question is - what will the USA do?  It does not appear to be much beyond rhetoric.  We will see as defense supplies become used up in Israel.

The Traveler

However things play out, the day will come when the majority of the world will be seeking Israel's destruction, and America will likely be among the number.

Everyone is always expecting some coming anti-Christ figure that will lead an attack on Israel just as the second coming of Christ is at hand. This will not happen. The revelations are symbolic and the Lord will come as a thief in the night. There will be no world changing warning. We are counseled to be prepared at all times for the coming of Christ. It would be wise for us not to put binders on the hands of the Lord, prepare for a long and fruitful life, stop worrying about and trying to predict the end times. Wars will come and go, just as they always have.

55 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Everyone is always expecting some coming anti-Christ figure that will lead an attack on Israel just as the second coming of Christ is at hand. This will not happen. The revelations are symbolic and the Lord will come as a thief in the night. There will be no world changing warning. We are counseled to be prepared at all times for the coming of Christ. It would be wise for us not to put binders on the hands of the Lord, prepare for a long and fruitful life, stop worrying about and trying to predict the end times. Wars will come and go, just as they always have.

I am not so sure - Amos 3:7 would suggest otherwise as well as Ecclesiastes 1:8-10.  I do agree that as the Latter-days unfold to the signs and wonders of the "End of Times" that there seems to be greater focus on the prophies concerning Satan and his efforts rather that G-d and his marvelous work and a wonder.  I would suggest that prophies concerning the Last-days are given primarily for the benefit of the Latter-day Saints that they may counsel among themselves and assist one another through trails (much like those that were called to assist the Martin and Lillie handcart companies).   Certainly the righteous Saints will be aware of many things pertaining to the Last-days such as the two prophets that will be slain in Jerusalem and the priesthood gathering at Adam-ondi-Ahman.  When have the temples of G-d been shut down to cease all operations and the Saints been unconcerned?  Not that we should panic but rather that we be aware. 

To me it is like white water rafting in class 4 hydraulics.  It does not matter so much what has happened or even what just happened as it is to be focused on what is currently happening and what is about to happen next.

The Traveler

7 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Not really accurate.

If you want greater detail buy a copy of this book and you can read a whole lot about the topic of The Last Days.

The Coming of the Lord: Gerald N. Lund: 9781590382080: Amazon.com: Books

On 5/18/2021 at 12:21 PM, scottyg said:

However things play out, the day will come when the majority of the world will be seeking Israel's destruction, and America will likely be among the number.

If America is not hostile towards Israel in the future then our country will likely be apathetic with aid and turn away from Israel.  The days are coming in the future when Israel will be on their own sadly.

It would appear that the hostilities surrounding Israel are spilling over into streets in the USA and other places that are open to immigration (especially for Muslimas).  But isn't that the very engine of the problem in the Middle East?  In essence that the Hamas does not want Jews immigrating where they live for fear that the Jews will change the culture - and yet they (Hamas) want to be able to immigrate themselves to change the culture of other places?

The Traveler

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

I'm getting more concerned about Russia right now.

Didn't you hear the Democrats a few years ago? Russia is not a concern! Unless it is now.

Coincidentally, Russia's bugbear status closely tracks the Democrats' need of Russia being a bugbear. Amazing how that works out for them.

1 hour ago, Vort said:

Didn't you hear the Democrats a few years ago? Russia is not a concern! Unless it is now.

Coincidentally, Russia's bugbear status closely tracks the Democrats' need of Russia being a bugbear. Amazing how that works out for them.

Let's see:

• Romney says Russia is trouble for us.  The Democrats laugh at him.  We're not in the cold war anymore.
  • Hillary colludes with Russia to play around with the election against Trump.
    • First they laugh at people saying Hillary colluded with Russia because we're not in the cold war anymore.
    • Then they accuse Trump of colluding because he simply must have in order to win the election.  Because, of course he did.  Russia is the big baddie now.
  • Trump says some condescending things about Putin and makes threats against Russia for some military actions that Russia took. Somehow this is considered colluding with Russia.
  • Biden is President and Russia is emboldened to make threats against America.  Russia is not a problem.

1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

Let's see:

• Romney says Russia is trouble for us.  The Democrats laugh at him.  We're not in the cold war anymore.
  • Hillary colludes with Russia to play around with the election against Trump.
    • First they laugh at people saying Hillary colluded with Russia because we're not in the cold war anymore.
    • Then they accuse Trump of colluding because he simply must have in order to win the election.  Because, of course he did.  Russia is the big baddie now.
  • Trump says some condescending things about Putin and makes threats against Russia for some military actions that Russia took. Somehow this is considered colluding with Russia.
  • Biden is President and Russia is emboldened to make threats against America.  Russia is not a problem.

I'm just so very glad we have The Fourth Estate to explain all of this to us. Lucky us.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:21 AM, Carborendum said:

I'm getting more concerned about Russia right now.

This has been making the rounds. If you haven't see these two ads (Russia army recruitment ad vs. USA army ad) ... it is worth a watch/reality check.

Spoiler: USA army ad is about a person with two mothers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 10:49 AM, Traveler said:

The Traveler

With us having been energy independent in the last four years, we could have just let the middle east rot and deal with their own problems. Now Biden is hell bent on making us dependent on them again. He is outside his mind. We need to activate Section 5 of the Constitution before it is too late and we join other nations on the ash heap of history.

47 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

With us having been energy independent in the last four years, we could have just let the middle east rot and deal with their own problems. Now Biden is hell bent on making us dependent on them again. He is outside his mind. We need to activate Section 5 of the Constitution before it is too late and we join other nations on the ash heap of history.

I started a thread (Executive Order 13817 Free Trade and Government Regulations.)  a while back that deals with a number of critical needs for our independence, freedoms and liberties.  I will leave it as an exercise to the various readers (if anyone is still interested) as to what is happening to this executive order under a new administration.  I would be most interested if anyone can provide me with any indication (especially concerning this particular executive order) that anything is getting better.

Though I am currently no longer directly involved and retired - I have expertise in supply chain management and things I saw developing 20 years ago are currently happening - that could bring about the greatest economic problems, on a global scale, that has ever been seen in recorded history.  I personally believe that as Latter-day Saints we need to pay more attention and have faith in our prophets and our G-d.

The Traveler

20 hours ago, Traveler said:

I started a thread (Executive Order 13817 Free Trade and Government Regulations.)  a while back that deals with a number of critical needs for our independence, freedoms and liberties.  I will leave it as an exercise to the various readers (if anyone is still interested) as to what is happening to this executive order under a new administration.  I would be most interested if anyone can provide me with any indication (especially concerning this particular executive order) that anything is getting better.

Though I am currently no longer directly involved and retired - I have expertise in supply chain management and things I saw developing 20 years ago are currently happening - that could bring about the greatest economic problems, on a global scale, that has ever been seen in recorded history.  I personally believe that as Latter-day Saints we need to pay more attention and have faith in our prophets and our G-d.

The Traveler

Stocking up is more important than ever.