How does everyone like their pizza?

LDSGator

Both sound semi-gross if not gross... but both have become favorites. I selected these since there might be a chance of others trying them via the national chain. We have a hole in the wall pizza place that kills them all though. Old school 70-80s pizza joint.

1. Papa Murphy's Cheeseburger Pizza: Turns out pickles on pizza is not bad after all
IMG_5854.thumb.jpg.8f3718ef907beb271c25640ad2e5ea26.jpg

2. Godfather's Taco Pizza: I know, sounds gross.
08_O_SuperTaco_30.jpg.2a3dd5ed634951a0a01e35666f1eb714.jpg

12 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Both sound semi-gross if not gross... but both have become favorites. I selected these since there might be a chance of others trying them via the national chain. We have a hole in the wall pizza place that kills them all though. Old school 70-80s pizza joint.

1. Papa Murphy's Cheeseburger Pizza: Turns out pickles on pizza is not bad after all
IMG_5854.thumb.jpg.8f3718ef907beb271c25640ad2e5ea26.jpg

2. Godfather's Taco Pizza: I know, sounds gross.
08_O_SuperTaco_30.jpg.2a3dd5ed634951a0a01e35666f1eb714.jpg

Actually, both pizzas sound fine my friend. And @mirkwood and I were talking Papa Murphy’s yesterday. Is that the place where you have to bake it yourself? 

1 hour ago, LDSGator said:

Great choice! 

Does SLC have it’s own style of pizza? 

I think the closets style of pizza is LDS family style:   is to buy a bag of frozen Rhodes rolls, a bunch of different toppings and some pizza sauce.  Give everyone in the family a uncooked Rhodes roll (no longer frozen) - let them flatten it out and add the sauce and toppings to their liking - bake in the oven at 400 degrees and everybody gets exactly what they wanted on their pizza.

The Traveler

On 5/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, LDSGator said:

That is such a cool idea. 

When I was a kid in the 1980s (around the same time as you, I believe), the Church hadn’t yet centralized ward budgets through Salt Lake and ward Scout troops had to do their own fundraising.  My older brother’s troop made and sold bake-at-home pizzas for a couple of years. It seemed like a good activity all around.

Papa Murphy’s has a five-meat stuffed pizza that’s quite good.  Too bad I’m counting calories these days . . .

Edited by Just_A_Guy

9 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

When I was a kid in the 1980s (around the same time as you, I believe), the Church hadn’t yet centralized ward budgets through Salt Lake and ward Scout troops had to do their own fundraising.  My older brother’s troop made and sold bake-at-home pizzas for a couple of years. It seemed like a good activity all around.

I have fond memories of our scouting pizza drives.

Papa Murphy’s has a five-meat stuffed pizza that’s quite good.  Too bad I’m counting calories these days . . .

Check out their De Lite pizzas (thin crust.)

Are there still Godfather's around? That was our high school hangout after football/basketball games. LOVE their taco pizza!

Dravin and I love pizzas that have something vinegary on it--pickles, banana peppers, etc. Helps to cut through the fat of the cheese/meat.

I really enjoy Hawaiian pizza (or whatever it is called with ham and pineapple).

I think the most unhealthy that I may enjoy more is a pizza but with fruit and other things like that on it.  I think it is called a dessert pizza.  My wife knows what it is called better than I, but it is terrific when made for family home evening dessert.