Requiring a COVID-19 Vaccine (shot/s)

Traveler

On 5/23/2021 at 7:45 AM, Godless said:

If that's true, then every school in the country has broken the law.

Okay I looked up the HIPPA Rules and found the following:

The HIPAA Privacy Rule governs how ePHI can be used and disclosed. In force since 2003, the Privacy Rule applies to all healthcare organizations, the providers of health plans (including employers), healthcare clearinghouses and – from 2013 – the Business Associates of covered entities.

The Privacy Rule demands that appropriate safeguards are implemented to protect the privacy of Personal Health Information. It also sets limits and conditions on the use and disclosure of that information without patient authorization.

Then a few paragraphs below I found the following:

Covered Entities should make sure their patient authorization forms have been updated to include the disclosure of immunization records to schools,

In other words HIPPA Rules do include disclosure of immunization records to schools.  You appear to be correct - every school in the country has broken the law.  I am somewhat surprised that no one has figured this out yet.  Note that businesses cannot access personal records for employment and I think the airlines have a problem as well.  HIPPA was initially passed to protect those that had the AID virus - which BTW was at the time listed as a pandemic.  It looks like when the law was made that there was not a lot of foresight. 

The Traveler

@Vort had probably the best take on HIPPA in the other thread:

Working at Appature, I learned that HIPAA compliance was determined using the following handy three-step heuristic:

• Try to comply with HIPAA
  • Get sued by someone for a HIPAA violation
  • Find out if the courts think your compliance was sufficient to avoid negative consequences for a HIPAA violation

I've watched half a dozen people with extensive HIPPA experience, all talking at the top of their lungs, all of them claiming different contradicting things are true.

This is just another set of government regulations.  As schizophrenic and easy-to-understand as the tax code.

13 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

@Vort had probably the best take on HIPPA in the other thread:

I've watched half a dozen people with extensive HIPPA experience, all talking at the top of their lungs, all of them claiming different contradicting things are true.

This is just another set of government regulations.  As schizophrenic and easy-to-understand as the tax code.

One thing I have learned about the tax code is that if there is any way possible that something appears to benefit me - I make sure to meet the requirements and apply for it.  The other thing I have learned is to not do this on my own but to file my returns through a CPA (expert) that is insured and bonded so if I am audited by the IRS - I deal with them through a little army that I do not have to pay for.  If any one is concerned with efforts to have their personal health disclosed against their will that they keep careful records that include date, time and names of individuals and companies involved.  It is quite possible that class action suits are on the horizon.

The Traveler 

• 3 weeks later...

People have said that the vaccines are "Fully Approved" by the FDA.  Apparently not.

https://coronavirus.nautil.us/vaccines-fully-approved-fda/

The two m-RNA vaccines are through all the process except the last:  One has submitted papers for final approval.  The other is getting the paperwork ready.

I haven't seen anything on the final approval for J&J traditional vaccine.

All, so far, have only been approved for emergency use authorization.

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

All, so far, have only been approved for emergency use authorization.

This, among other reasons, is why many of us won't take it. I naively already thought everyone knew they weren't approved by the FDA.  (Thanks Facebook, Twitter, Youtube for suppressing things.) This is the argument about being involved with the largest trial test ever conducted on humankind.

Edited by NeedleinA

1 hour ago, NeedleinA said:

This, among other reasons, is why many of us won't take it. I naively already thought everyone knew they weren't approved by the FDA.

Just out of curiosity, exactly what part of a full approval, that is missing from an Emergency Use Authorization, do you feel is an important enough consideration to decline the vaccine?

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/vaccines/emergency-use-authorization-vaccines-explained

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

what part of a full approval, that is missing

3 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

This, among other reasons,

The EUA use vs. full FDA approval, is only one factor among several reasons why I will continue to decline the vaccine(s).
If EUA is synonymous with full approval, then they should label them as full approval and remove this obstacle for many hesitant individuals.
If they are not synonymous, then we can't pretend that EUA products are just as good as fully approved products that have had longer follow up periods for efficacy.

Q: Anyone know if I got the jab today, how long would I be protected for?

In other news...

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ordered Johnson & Johnson to discard 60 million COVID-19 vaccine doses on Friday.

The shots were made at a plant in Baltimore that had several health violations and ruined million of doses of J&J vaccine during an ingredient mix-up.

People familiar with the situation told The New York Times that the FDA said the shots have to be thrown away due to potential contamination...

...Earlier in the day, the FDA allowed 10 million doses to be distributed, which a source told Reuters will be to other countries, but with a caveat that there is no guarantee the J&J shots were made under good manufacturing practices.

Should those in a low-risk demographic risk Covid or risk injecting themselves with these exported doses of J&J?

Edited by NeedleinA

22 hours ago, NeedleinA said:
On 6/11/2021 at 12:57 PM, NeuroTypical said:

what part of a full approval, that is missing

If EUA is synonymous with full approval, then they should label them as full approval and remove this obstacle for many hesitant individuals.
If they are not synonymous, then we can't pretend that EUA products are just as good as fully approved products that have had longer follow up periods for efficacy.

Just to make sure I understand...

You have many reasons why you are hesitant to get the COVID vaccine.  You wish it to be well understood that you have many reasons.  One reason, (and you wish it to be very well understood that it is merely one reason only out of many), is that no COVID vaccine has full FDA approval.  Instead, they have something called Emergency Use Authorization, which is less than full approval.  Do I understand correctly?

And when I ask what the difference between the two is from your perspective, you reply "we can't pretend that EUA products are just as good as fully approved products that have had longer follow up periods for efficacy."

Assuming I understand correctly, I'm still missing your answer.  What, exactly, precisely, makes an EUA product not "just as good"? 

Q: Anyone know if I got the jab today, how long would I be protected for?

As of today, we're pretty certain it gives people at least 9-12 months of protection.  We know that because the first trial vaccines went into the first arms about a year ago.  I was in the Moderna phase III study, and got my 2nd shot back last September - a bit over 9 months ago.  Every few months, they call me in and take my blood to see how the antibodies are faring.  If the antibody levels of me and the tens of thousands of other volunteers start to drop, then we'll be able to say more surely how long the protection lasts.  

35 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Just to make sure I understand...

You have many reasons why you are hesitant to get the COVID vaccine.  You wish it to be well understood that you have many reasons.  One reason, (and you wish it to be very well understood that it is merely one reason only out of many), is that no COVID vaccine has full FDA approval.  Instead, they have something called Emergency Use Authorization, which is less than full approval.  Do I understand correctly?

And when I ask what the difference between the two is from your perspective, you reply "we can't pretend that EUA products are just as good as fully approved products that have had longer follow up periods for efficacy."

Assuming I understand correctly, I'm still missing your answer.  What, exactly, precisely, makes an EUA product not "just as good"? 

I can't speak for @NeedleinA  but I can speak for my own concerns.  I do not know what the FDA skipped to grant EUA... but the fact that they skipped something to grant the EUA is evident in the fact that it is a EUA and not a normal approval.

We are told to trust the science and trust the experts... So should we be trusting the science and experts when they say the full process is necessary to insure safety or should we be trusting the science and experts now when they say the full process isn't necessary?    Or to greatly simplify... where they lying to us then?  Or are they lying to us now?  And if we catch them in any lie why would we trust them at all?

And if they weren't lying before and they are not lying now... that means the current vaccine didn't get all the checks it should (aka an emergency shortening of the process) then it become completely understandable for people to say... No thanks I'll wait for the full completion as a matter of protecting there own personal health.

Edited by estradling75

It is my personal opinion that a person that has recovered from COVID-19 is safer (both for themselves and society) than those that have received all the immunization shots.  But in all the rhetoric the recovered are excluded from the "approved" discussions as @estradling75 discussion above.  Because of this shift in the political agenda - I do not trust the CDC or any current government recommendation concerning COVID-19.

The Traveler

18 hours ago, estradling75 said:

No thanks I'll wait for the full completion as a matter of protecting there own personal health.

One last question, then I'll stop picking at you guys.

So, does that mean once these things get full FDA approval, then you'll get vaccinated?

I mean, NeedleInA has made it quite clear that the EUA is merely one of a plethora of reasons for hesitancy.  But you seem to indicate you're waiting for the approval...

Edited by NeuroTypical

49 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

So, does that mean once these things get full FDA approval, then you'll get vaccinated?

I mean, NeedleInA has made it quite clear that the EUA is merely one of a plethora of reasons for hesitancy.  But you seem to indicate you're waiting for the approval...

Again not speaking for anyone but myself...  What makes you think I have waited?  I am perfectly capable of understanding and even empathizing with a point of view without agreeing with it or thinking it is the path the Lord would have me take personally. 

5 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

No.  I don't take flu shots.

Luigi Warren, currently the CEO and President of California-based biotech firm Cellular Reprogramming, and Derrick Rossi, co-founder of Moderna, are considered pioneers of mRNA technology.
Luigi Warren - Censored on Twitter for simply saying the following:

“I believe the ‘shedding’ idea is that the vaccinated shed spike protein, not virus. And, it’s certainly true that people vaccinated with mRNA vaccines shed spike protein, but in miniscule amounts that almost certainly can’t cause disease/malaise in others,”

Why?

Pfizer’s former Chief Scientist Mike Yeadon - banned on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Why?  (sorry don't know why the video is so huge).

Time and time again, any dissenting opinion of the jab is scrubbed off of the tech giant sites.  

District Court Judge allows a child rapist to go free after 180 days - even when prosecution recommended 15 years.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/father-calls-out-judge-for-giving-daughters-rapist-a-light-sentence

Same judge requires parents to get a vaccine to see their kids in the middle of a divorce proceeding.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/judge-orders-covid-19-vaccine-in-divorce-court

12 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

District Court Judge allows a child rapist to go free after 180 days - even when prosecution recommended 15 years.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/father-calls-out-judge-for-giving-daughters-rapist-a-light-sentence

Same judge requires parents to get a vaccine to see their kids in the middle of a divorce proceeding.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/judge-orders-covid-19-vaccine-in-divorce-court

My son and his family are in Houston for the summer. He's loving it there so far, but stories such as these and this one don't make me feel happy.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the family of this young man.  His grandfather attends the ward I grew up in, and we are good friends.  The family is truly devastated by this and would like answers.

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/13-year-old-dies-in-sleep-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine-cdc-investigating/

40 minutes ago, Jedi_Nephite said:

I know the family of this young man.  His grandfather attends the ward I grew up in, and we are good friends.  The family is truly devastated by this and would like answers.

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/13-year-old-dies-in-sleep-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine-cdc-investigating/

Very sorry for the loss of your friend @Jedi_Nephite. :-( 

Just now, LDSGator said:

Very sorry for the loss of your friend @Jedi_Nephite. 😞

Thank you. But to clarify, I didn’t know Jacob, the 13-year-old who died.  I  just know his grandfather, and I also used to sometimes play with his father after church when we were kids.  My oldest brother also dated his aunt when they were in high school.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic