Requiring a COVID-19 Vaccine (shot/s)

Traveler

2 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

So the best response in light of actually following prophetic counsel is to assume the doctors i listened to are plumbers, not competent in their field. Ok.

Would love to see the article that gives 95%  of the doctors all agree. Please provide the link. 

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/study-finds-96-of-physicians-are-vaccinated-for-covid-19

Edited by LDSGator

1 minute ago, LDSGator said:

You realize what you said and what these articles represent don't confirm each other. Have a look at Mikbone response regarding the threat of vaccination. 

2 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

You realize what you said and what these articles represent don't confirm each other. Have a look at Mikbone response regarding the threat of vaccination. 

Of course. Them getting the vaccine obviously means they are vehemently against it. 

See? This is why I shouldn’t bother posting pro vaccine links. Your mind is made up. As is mine. So, let’s be honest here. Your mind isn’t changing either. 

Edited by LDSGator

20 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Ahh, I am a medical doctor and am not a member of the AMA for many reasons.  Primarily their stance on abortion and the fact that the AMA is led by a group of doctors that are more comfortable in administration than the actual practice of medicine.  

I never received said survey.  And I don’t participate with surveys.  I have many better things to do with my free time…

I assure you that much less than 96% of physicians in my community are fully vaccinated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-31/healthcare-workers-refuse-covid-19-vaccine-access%3f_amp=true

Edited by mikbone

1 minute ago, NeedleinA said:

Also interesting is the wording of:
"protection... can only be achieved by immunizing"

Does prayer, fasting, faith in God, the immune system in our God given bodies and priesthood blessings still play a role any longer?

That and the bigger concern for me is this phrase:

We can win this war if everyone will follow the wise and thoughtful recommendations of medical experts and government leaders

Since when does prophetic counsel defer to the corruption of the government leaders and medical experts? (and which experts and governments? there are multiple viewpoints that are not in agreement)

What happened to trusting in the Lord and not the arm of flesh? I'll continue to fast and pray, but I haven't felt that this is the answer for me and my family. I'm admittedly struggling to believe the 1st presidency is inspired and speaks for the lord at all these days. I don't know if that means that the church is false and always has been, if it means that our current leadership is just making some blunders and in time the church will right itself, if I'm listening to the wrong spirit and can't trust personal revelation or something else altogether, but I don't like it.

I've been struggling to reconcile this since the handbook alterations and conference moment, but have accepted the following the guidance of the spirit part. More and more it seems that the spirit is being diminished and the opinions of man being held up. It doesn't inspire confidence.

I've been studying Isaiah lately and been finding Gileadi's commentary really helpful in this process. I'm not sure what to make of this yet, but this is seeming more and more to me like it's happening before my eyes:

7 These too have indulged in wine and are giddy with strong drink: priests and prophets have gone astray through liquor. They are intoxicated with wine and stagger because of strong drink; they err as seers, they blunder in their decisions. 8 For all tables are filled with vomit; no spot is without excrement.

As the political and ecclesiastical leaderships of Jehovah’s people always appear on a par (Isaiah 3:2-4; 9:14-16; 24:2), so Ephraim’s “fat proud ones” (vv 1, 4) include its “priests,” “prophets,” and “seers” (Isaiah 56:10-12). Intoxicated with the wine of self-deception (v 15), they “stray,” “err,” and “blunder” in their policies. Instead of obtaining revelation from Jehovah (vv 9, 14, 16, 26, 29), they water down his word until it is ineffectual in empowering his people (vv 10-13; Isaiah 32:6). The best their spiritual feasts offer is “vomit”—partly digested food regurgitated for Jehovah’s people to consume.

2 minutes ago, SpiritDragon said:

I'm admittedly struggling to believe the 1st presidency is inspired and speaks for the lord at all these days. 

Interesting.  I've felt the opposite.  The changes that have been made in the last few years seem incredibly inspired with some hindsight. 

The change to two hour church with CFM at home was a great practice to moving to pandemic church at home.

The change to allow any baptized member be a witness for another's baptism allowed my wife to be a witness of mine.

The change to not require the complete High Council for a membership council allowed me to meet with just the Stake Presidency for mine to be able to get baptized during the pandemic.

Just to name a few. :) 

12 minutes ago, dprh said:

Interesting.  I've felt the opposite.  The changes that have been made in the last few years seem incredibly inspired with some hindsight. 

The change to two hour church with CFM at home was a great practice to moving to pandemic church at home.

The change to allow any baptized member be a witness for another's baptism allowed my wife to be a witness of mine.

The change to not require the complete High Council for a membership council allowed me to meet with just the Stake Presidency for mine to be able to get baptized during the pandemic.

Just to name a few. :) 

I'm happy it's working out for you and hope you are happy and on the right path. I will continue to soul search as I've done most of my life. The Church seems to be the correct vehicle and certainly seems more sound than other alternatives in the religious and areligious realm to me. I know it's comprised of imperfect people including those in leadership positions at the highest levels, save the Lord himself, so I can't expect perfection. 

13 minutes ago, SpiritDragon said:

That and the bigger concern for me is this phrase:

Since when does prophetic counsel defer to the corruption of the government leaders and medical experts? (and which experts and governments? there are multiple viewpoints that are not in agreement)

I think this is a great question, and this is one that is difficult, but when we look at our 12th Article of Faith we will see why our prophets will -- at times -- counsel in the same light as the government officials (no matter how corrupt) and medical experts. Although, as a Church and the Gospel we don't accept communism, if you look at Church history the Church leaders had the members follow corrupt governmental systems in light of the 12th Article of Faith. Because of this the Church was able to even get temples into communist countries (Germany and now even communist China).

Also, I think with the way our government is going this will put the Church in a good spot. The Church acted appropriately with bringing all the missionaries home for the virus. Could you imagine if any missionary died on the mission from Covid, and the Church said everything is going to be OK and kept missionaries out? We already have double-edged members who are looking for any excuse to attack the prophet and apostles. We also have a medical professional as our prophet. He is going to counsel with the First Presidency regarding his experience and his knowledge, which the Lord will accept -- even if in weakness. He is doing the best he can according to his knowledge and revelation that will come to the Presidency.

This is also why I love the Church Handbook. I love the scriptures. And I love prayer. And I love that God gave me intelligence -- his intelligence -- as I'm his offspring. I can think. I can study. I can make a logical decision as the decision -- as they have counseled already -- is what? An individual responsibility.

We are good here brother, we are good here! :)

What happened to trusting in the Lord and not the arm of flesh? I'll continue to fast and pray, but I haven't felt that this is the answer for me and my family. I'm admittedly struggling to believe the 1st presidency is inspired and speaks for the lord at all these days. I don't know if that means that the church is false and always has been, if it means that our current leadership is just making some blunders and in time the church will right itself, if I'm listening to the wrong spirit and can't trust personal revelation or something else altogether, but I don't like it.

This hasn't changed brother! Remember, it is the same individual at the head of the First Presidency who said the following, "In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost." That even means with the vaccine. You pray. You study. Make a decision and take it to the Lord. I wouldn't care about anyone else's opinion on the matter.

So continue to fast. Continue to pray dear brother and make the best decision you can for your family as the Presidency is making for the body of the Church. Remember, the decisions that have been given by the First Presidency have been in discussion for many years now.

The Church is true. It remains true. It will continue to remain true. Christ is at the head. If blunders the Lord will right his Church. We have his promise. Just because you feel differently -- remember it is an individual responsibility -- that is OK. Doesn't mean you are listening to the wrong spirit.

I've been struggling to reconcile this since the handbook alterations and conference moment, but have accepted the following the guidance of the spirit part. More and more it seems that the spirit is being diminished and the opinions of man being held up. It doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't know which ones you are referencing off hand, but definitely the Spirit is the Lord's voice. I don't see them as contradictory, but complimentary. The First Presidency, in this case is following what they feel is coming from the Spirit according to their stewardship. We do the same, especially in light of already given -- modern -- counsel.

This isn't a doctrinal issue -- as vaccines aren't doctrine. This is counsel, and there is other modern counsel which is just as important. :)

I've been studying Isaiah lately and been finding Gileadi's commentary really helpful in this process. I'm not sure what to make of this yet, but this is seeming more and more to me like it's happening before my eyes:

That is a very interesting comparison. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

58 minutes ago, SpiritDragon said:

We can win this war if everyone will follow the wise and thoughtful recommendations of medical experts and government leaders

@SpiritDragon I admittedly had the same thought when I read the email earlier today.  If anything, medical experts and government leaders have proven themselves incompetent throughout the handling of the coronavirus pandemic.  

The part that probably concerns us both is that this statement by the brethren appears to be a blanket statement saying all medical experts and governments leaders who have recommended getting the vaccine are wise and thoughtful, whereas we both know incompetency among this group of "experts" and "leaders" has been rampant.  

Here goes my Mormon apologist effort: I don't think the brethren are making a blanket statement that all medical experts and governments leaders who have recommended getting the vaccine are wise and thoughtful.  I think they're specifically referring to the experts and leaders who have led with good intentions, not those who have politicized the pandemic to their advantage.

I think corruption is common with both democratic and republican parties, as it is common with most positions of authority throughout the world, but I also believe we have many leaders in America on both sides of the aisle who are trying to fight the good fight against corruption.  I think this is even more true with the medical experts out there who have trained themselves to be motivated by science over anything else.

The incompetent handling of this pandemic by a select few "experts" and "leaders" has largely tainted America's ability to trust anyone in a position of authority regarding the pandemic, but I think, at large, the medical professionals who created and recommend the vaccines have the interest of saving lives as their primary focus.

I'm someone who actually is on the fence about getting the vaccine largely due to the gross mishandling of information the public needed to know throughout the pandemic, but if anything speaks to me it's the statistics, and even accounting for bad data, the trend of the statistics clearly shows the benefit of getting the vaccine outweighs the risk of the potential side affects.  However, as I've stated before, I recovered from having the coronavirus and I believe I still have naturally built antibodies in my system which might make the vaccine unnecessary for someone like me, so I remain hesitant on getting the vaccine. 

Edited by clbent04

From the First Presidency statement:

"We know that protection from the diseases they cause can only be achieved by immunizing a very high percentage of the population."

The key word in this sentence is "immunizing."  That is not the same thing as vaccinating.  Immunizing includes natural immunity from __________ (fill in the blank disease/virus.)  Herd immunity includes those who have natural immunity from having caught said disease/virus.   Herd immunity is not herd vaccinated.

Just now, mirkwood said:

"We know that protection from the diseases they cause can only be achieved by immunizing a very high percentage of the population."

The key word in this sentence is "immunizing."  That is not the same thing as vaccinating.  Immunizing includes natural immunity from __________ (fill in the blank disease/virus.)  Herd immunity includes those who have natural immunity from having caught said disease/virus.   Herd immunity is not herd vaccinated.

While you are absolutely correct, and in fact these vaccines are incapable of producing herd immunity as they can't stop infection and spread and are likely driving the variants of concern as the virus adapts to incomplete vaccine immunity by mutating to evade the subpar immune effort mounted in the vaccinated, the sad fact is that the first presidency is not using immunization in this context as they are urging members to go get vaccinated and not to look after their immune health by getting good sleep and following the word of wisdom.

What's also sadly lacking in this communication is reference to personal revelation. It's not even a message of hope if the only protection is vaccines that are failing all over the place. That's not to say that they don't appear to be curbing Covid in some ways, but there is so much break-through infection (read: vaccine failure) that we can't call covid a vaccine preventable illness. There is no mention of therapeutics and such that have been shown to actually help reduce transmission and effectively treat the disease itself, even among those who were vaccinated but not protected.

The Lord has told us he would sift us as wheat...  For a very long time those with more leftist leanings had felt this with the "Church" being out of touch with what they 'knew" was right... Now it seems it is turn for those with more right leaning tendencies to be sifted in much the same way...

In a different thread the Abraham test we would face was brought up, I see no reason that this sifting couldn't be of Abrahamic levels.  After all it must have been very hard for Abraham to truly believe that God did command the killing of Issac when all the promises would come through him.  And now we have in this very thread people questioning if God has truly commanded something, because it makes no sense to them and run counters to what they 'know' to be right.

Sadly such events have and always will be highly personal... There is not much some one outside and observing the struggle can really do, but listen to them and pray for them.

1 hour ago, estradling75 said:

Now it seems it is turn for those with more right leaning tendencies to be sifted in much the same way...

In the context of this topic (Covid vax) your comment is laughable.  If what you postulate was true the handbook would not say:

image.png.300f1512c523d3e3af085fca9eafab54.png

Edited by mirkwood

43 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

The Lord has told us he would sift us as wheat...  For a very long time those with more leftist leanings had felt this with the "Church" being out of touch with what they 'knew" was right... Now it seems it is turn for those with more right leaning tendencies to be sifted in much the same way...

In a different thread the Abraham test we would face was brought up, I see no reason that this sifting couldn't be of Abrahamic levels.  After all it must have been very hard for Abraham to truly believe that God did command the killing of Issac when all the promises would come through him.  And now we have in this very thread people questioning if God has truly commanded something, because it makes no sense to them and run counters to what they 'know' to be right.

Sadly such events have and always will be highly personal... There is not much some one outside and observing the struggle can really do, but listen to them and pray for them.

I've often wondered about this very thing as well. As I don't want to air all manner of dirty laundry beyond the concerns I've already expressed, I'll simply state that this is the latest in a string of concerns that I'm having a harder time accepting. I'm afraid if a new revelation in the way of homosexual acceptance or possibly even women holding priesthood offices were to come out it would likely be the final nail in the coffin of my ability to push to believe and doubt my doubts. This just seems to me that the Saviour was frequently found among the lepers and the unclean, but that the current earthly church leadership is unnecessarily sowing divisions and creating the groundwork where those who have already followed the counsel to seek personal revelation on this matter and arrived at a different conclusion will be viewed as unfaithful for not being vaccinated. Perhaps there's a greater play at work beyond what I can see. I'm certainly not perfect and am more than capable of being mislead as well. I just don't see how this counsel helps anyone as church reopens (My ward just reopened fully and we've attended one time prior to this announcement which may mean we are back to worshipping from home without authorization to have a sacrament service) 

It also raises concerns about which way the sifting will occur. I know the standard mantra in the church is to stick with the brethren, but what if the real test is to see who will follow personal revelation even when it seems to contradict the church establishment? In Abrahams test he was being asked to sacrifice his son, Nephi to kill Laban, these go against the commandment not to kill, but were the right thing to do as directed by the spirit. I'm not saying people should leave the church either, so please don't misconstrue my intent. I'm just voicing thoughts and trying to adapt. I've felt as strongly with my answer on these vaccines as I did when I received my witness of the Book of Mormon, so to see the brethren practically come out and say my personal revelation is wrong is disheartening for sure. Perhaps no one at church will ask, but I'm concerned this is the beginning of a new requirement for church attendance which will force a decision one way or the other for sure. It's not my first or last test of faith, it's just the latest.

You're right though, these matters are highly personal and no one can really do much from the sidelines. Listening and praying is appreciated.

@mirkwood I agree with your interpretation of the handbook as this being a personal matter to be decided upon by the spirit. The concern is that the messaging from the first presidency is getting stronger toward the default position is to be vaccinated and it's creating a situation where vaccination and mask wearing are being seen as a sign of devotion to God.

@LDSGator actually made an interesting comparison to wearing white shirts which is certainly not pertinent to salvation, but is very much part of church culture and those who don't follow suit can tend to be ostracized. Of course, wearing a white shirt is a simple matter that won't affect health and isn't likely to be something people would have medical or revelatory reasons to avoid, but it might not be a completely bad comparison as it's something used to gauge dedication to the gospel in a sense. Only the white shirt issue is one that I can't recall ever even being brought up by the brethren, it just seems to be a cultural thing as far as I can tell - perhaps a pharisaical interpretation of guidelines to dress and groom in a respectable and modest manner? However, I think a better comparison would be counsel to have food storage. It's not a temple recommend question or anything like that, and it doesn't seem to be directly tied to salvation in anyway, but it is certainly advised (although much less than 20+ years ago) and everyone knows that the truly faithful will be working on that food storage.

2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

Medical note: On June 25, 2021 Dr. Robert W Malone, MD (a key mRNA technology developer) tweeted that the "U.S. Federal Government doesn't possess the data to calculate transmissibility and thus no vaccination target can foretell 'Herd Immunity'. Then today, Sir Andrew Pollard, the director of the Oxford Vaccine Group stated that it is unlikely that the U.K. can ever achieve herd immunity because variants are easily infecting currently vaccinated people. So, how can both statements be true? Who can contradict the First Presidency once they have spoken? Or, maybe it's not a contradiction as much as a misunderstanding of what they are saying and how it should be applied?

I note this not to undermine trust in the First Presidency's statement, but to illustrate that their statements and recommendations can and do change as necessary. In the end, just as the First Presidency initially stated, it is our responsibility to determine our medical care - not theirs. In that light, prayerfully and carefully evaluating your medical decisions and reaching a conclusion to not use mRNA vaccines is indeed as much "following the Prophet", as getting the vaccine if that's the conclusion one reached. Let's not tear our unity apart based on our own interpretations.

Edited by clwnuke
sp

I don’t get why people have read the latest statement and now seem to be spun up through the roof, using terms like “sifting” and acting like their testimonies are under assault.

Or, I guess I do get it. People are acting like a bunch of isolated, scared, stressed humans who want Covid to be over, and it isn’t.  I see myself acting that way too.

So just to be transparent, I am fond of the vast majority of you. No matter where you stand on this particular issue.

Hang in there folks. He will eventually triumph.

Edited by NeuroTypical

We have been to the chapel once in the past year.  We have thoroughly enjoyed home church and partaking the sacrament in our home, blessed by myself and our boys.

The bishop has had interaction with the children for temple recommends and recently for one of our daughters to go to a girl’s camp.  Last week he asked that we return to church and assured us that we were no longer masking.  We accepted his request to give talks during the sacrament hour.

After this official announcement, I notified the bishop that we would be backing out, and that we will continue to practice home church.  

If this is truly a ‘war’ and ‘ravaging unrelenting pandemic’ I will take common sense measures and stay home.

Masking never was a solution.  Vaccination is not 100% effective.

I may never return to the chapel at this rate.  As our understanding of viruses cont to advance we will learn that we must co-exist with them.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50223009/dire-straits-doctor-says-morale-in-utah-hospitals-as-low-as-ever-state-reports-897-new-cases

The saddest part of Utah's struggles with COVID is that a statewide mandate for Ivermectin use from Governor Cox, and a simple statement of support from trusted leaders for this safe, low-cost, and effective treatment could turn things around in a short time. States in India learned this lesson, but apparently states in America can't. Instead Utah is needlessly tearing itself apart with increasing vaccine mandate pressures.

The frontline COVID care doctors that use Ivermectin to treat patients swear by it. Those who don't use it for treatment say it doesn't work. Can't people decide for themselves?

image.thumb.png.1c95a0028135106d242e294c83a2bb09.png

image.png

image.png

14 hours ago, clwnuke said:

The saddest part of Utah's struggles with COVID is that a statewide mandate for Ivermectin use from Governor Cox, and a simple statement of support from trusted leaders for this safe, low-cost, and effective treatment could turn things around in a short time.

Heh.  If political urgings and simple statements of support from trusted leaders did the trick, we'd all be vaccinated by now and this thing would be over as the hospitalization and death rates fell into the "flulike" category.

51 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Heh.  If political urgings and simple statements of support from trusted leaders did the trick, we'd all be vaccinated by now and this thing would be over as the hospitalization and death rates fell into the "flulike" category.

You are probably right, but I can't help but hope when you see statistics like this (as of Aug 5th, 2021) being completely ignored:

Uttar Pradesh on Ivermectin:  Population 240 Million [4.9% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 26

COVID Daily Deaths: 3

The United States off Ivermectin: Population 331 Million [50.5% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 127,108

COVID Daily Deaths: 574

Let us look at other Ivermectin using areas of India with numbers from August 5, 2021, compiled by the JHU CSSE:

Delhi on Ivermectin: Population 31 Million [15% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 61

COVID Daily Deaths: 2

Uttarakhand on Ivermectin: Population 11.4 Million [15% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 24

COVID Daily Deaths: 0

Now look at an area of India that rejected Ivermectin (like Utah). Tamil Nadu announced they would reject Ivermectin and instead follow the dubious USA-style guidance of using Remdesivir. Knowing this, you might expect their numbers to be closer to the US, with more cases and more deaths. You would be correct. Tamil Nadu went on to lead India in COVID-19 cases.

Tamil Nadu continues to suffer for its choice to reject Ivermectin. As a result, the Delta variant continues to ravage their citizens while it was virtually wiped out in the Ivermectin-using states. Likewise, in the United States, without Ivermectin, both the vaccinated and unvaccinated continue to spread the Delta variant like wildfire.

Tamil Nadu off Ivermectin: Population 78.8 Million [6.9% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 1,997

COVID Daily Deaths: 33

Edited by clwnuke
Added statistics date

On 8/10/2021 at 7:15 PM, NeuroTypical said:

2- I'm ok with any of the 3 US brands out there.  Moderna or Pfizer are the two new science-fiction-y lab-grown mRNA string vaccines.  They don't actually have any COVID virus in the shot.  These require two shots.  The Johnson & Johnson one is old school traditional "weakened or dead virus" vaccine, only one shot needed.   I hear the Chinese-made vaccine being used in China may not be as effective on the variants, as the US 3 seem to be.  That's about all I know of the different kinds.

After being very much against receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines, I went ahead and got vaccinated today. 

And now that I'm vaccinated (or at least I've received the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine), I just wanted to say how ignorant and dumb everyone is who hasn't received the vaccine yet. 

Lol that is a joke!!! I don't mean that even slightly seriously. I'm just sarcastically referring to the zealot, pro-vax diehards that like to push their agendas onto everyone else.

If anything, I think it was reckless and maybe even foolish for people to rush to get this vaccine day 1 that it was authorized for emergency use.  I don't understand why people were so anxious to be guinea pigs.

I see many people in the pro-vax category label those who haven't received the vaccine yet as dumb, and they have this weird, exclusive-membership like pride for having received the vaccine themselves that they seemingly use to judge those who haven't been vaccinated. 

And in no way I'm accusing you of this @NeuroTypical.  Your approach to explaining your position on having received the vaccine is much more appreciated since you don't strike me as a judgmental person, and you lead your statements with data and statistics and not the emotional hype many others do.

While I was not interested in getting the vaccine up until 4 days ago, I wanted to share how my perspective changed in hopes of allowing the diehard pro-vaxxers out there the ability to sympathize with those who remain unvaccinated.

Factors supporting my anti-COVID-19 vaccination stance

-Natural antibodies for those who have recovered from COVID-19. Back in January 2020, I got coronavirus and was practically bedridden for 3 days. Sickest I've ever been in my life. Had trouble breathing, fever, the whole works.

I fortunately recovered and figured the natural antibodies built up from that sickness may be just as effective from any benefits of the vaccines, and since the CDC and everyone else handling the pandemic dedicated very few resources to studying the effectiveness of naturally created antibodies, I was left to trust that the human body is more advanced and sophisticated than these "break-though" vaccines that so many seemed eager to receive.

-Misinformation and mishandling of the pandemic. Evident from Fauci, the CDC and all others that put themselves in avoidable contradictory positions if only they had led with the data over rushing to answer something they don't fully understand.

-Long term affects. No one knows. 

-Probability of dying or developing serious complications from COVID-19 remains low for unvaccinated individuals.  While it's a compelling argument to consider that the benefits of receiving the vaccine outweigh the risks of potential side effects, what's not focused on is you have ZERO risks of any vaccine side effects if you don't take the vaccine, and you remain with the same probability of being unlikely to die or develop serious complications from COVID-19. 

-Overreacting. Does a virus that's more contagious than flu but still flu-like deserve the attention the world has given it? I don't think so. Where would we be if we had of just let the coronavirus run its course throughout the world? The world economy has taken a major blow with businesses being stifled the way they've been. Are we better or worse considering the measures taken? Not really answerable, but overreacting seems obvious to me. 

-Transmission. Whether or not you're vaccinated, transmission still occurs.  You don't get vaccinated to stop transmission, you do so to minimize your own risk. But if the low risk of remaining unvaccinated is acceptable to you, what's the point in getting vaccinated?  The argument of needing to get the vaccine to stop the spread of the virus isn't a valid argument since no one knows at this point in time how to stop it from spreading.

Factors that changed my mind to receive the COVID-19 vaccination

-On August 10, 2021, I received an email notification from Ticketmaster informing me that the Maroon 5 concert I purchased tickets for several months ago will be requiring proof of being fully vaccinated 2 weeks prior to the event.

Edited by clbent04

• pam unfeatured this topic