Requiring a COVID-19 Vaccine (shot/s)

Traveler

On 10/12/2021 at 11:55 AM, mikbone said:

On the First...never really enjoyed flying SouthWestern...which is why I choose an airline that I get a seat assignment.  I don't like jostling and rushing for a prime seat.

On the Second, that could predict trouble for the Thanksgiving weekend.

If TSA would pay higher than my current salary (doubtful) and pay high enough to tempt me (let's say $50-$75 an hour) to put up with the hassle they have their employees do...I'd even go and be a part of it.  They wouldn't have trouble recruiting...but normally money is a factor when these things happen.  Pay low enough that people think they can get an equivalent job when you require something (doesn't have to be vaccines, it could be that you now have to have their email, or do things a certain way) then there will be those that either ignore the new policy or seek a new job leaving you in a lurch.  Pay high enough and they will come around.

Of course, secretly I hope that they most of the Screeners for TSA and we can go back to being able to go to the gate to greet people and see them off without having to go through a long line at security/metal detectors/body detectors.

BUT...those days are probably long past.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Godless

Apparently a lot of people are basing their religious exemptions on the fact that the COVID vaccine used fetal stem cell tissue during testing, which goes against their religious beliefs. A hospital in Arkansas found a pretty big loophole in that objection and is now requiring staff members to sign an agreement that verifies that they are applying this religious belief consistently. Violation of this agreement will result in loss of their religious exemption and could result in disciplinary action as well.

religiousexemptionattestationforcovid-edit_custom-87998c048d6399b134667cc0847fe3c22edc7f5c-s1100-c50.jpg

5 hours ago, Godless said:

Apparently a lot of people are basing their religious exemptions on the fact that the COVID vaccine used fetal stem cell tissue during testing, which goes against their religious beliefs. A hospital in Arkansas found a pretty big loophole in that objection and is now requiring staff members to sign an agreement that verifies that they are applying this religious belief consistently. Violation of this agreement will result in loss of their religious exemption and could result in disciplinary action as well.

religiousexemptionattestationforcovid-edit_custom-87998c048d6399b134667cc0847fe3c22edc7f5c-s1100-c50.jpg

Since when has religious or political objections (or support) to anything been based in logic????  For example why would anyone support a vaccine mandate that includes any individuals with natural immunity?  I have both religious and non religious objections to stupidity.  I would also like someone to explain to me why we need (or why they support) a mandate of an entire population for something that will only impact no more than 10% of that population?

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

On 11/1/2021 at 7:29 AM, Godless said:

I find it extremely dangerous to allow third parties to extrapolate a legalistic framework for your religion (or more accurately in this case, for your acts of conscience) and bind them on you.

On 11/1/2021 at 7:29 AM, Godless said:

pparently a lot of people are basing their religious exemptions on the fact that the COVID vaccine used fetal stem cell tissue during testing, which goes against their religious beliefs. A hospital in Arkansas found a pretty big loophole in that objection and is now requiring staff members to sign an agreement that verifies that they are applying this religious belief consistently. Violation of this agreement will result in loss of their religious exemption and could result in disciplinary action as wel

Interesting point. If you are against because of fetal cell tissue being used,  great. I have all the respect for you in the world. But, this hospital has a point. If you use these things while being against the vaccine because of the fetal cell issue, that does make you a hypocrite. 

To be clear though, politics is loaded with hypocrites on all sides. So it's interesting but not terribly surprising. 

Edited by LDSGator

Since I started this thread - I think I can expand it a little.  The more I study about COVID-19 the more I am concerned that too much is becoming political.  I was initially led to believe that getting the "vaccine" would significantly reduce the probability of getting COVID - The initial number was that it reduces the likelihood by 90%.   I am quite sure that likelihood percentage has been significantly changed (and not for the better).  Now it appears that there is a new term - "crossover infection".  This is when someone has been fully "vaccinated" and is infected with COVIC.

It seems that the longer this pandemic goes the more difficult it becomes to get hard data on who is being infected and why.  The last hard data I saw (out of Israel) on healthy individuals with natural immunity becoming re-infected if exposed was less than .1% - which is less than a tenth of one percent.   I have not seen any hard data on crossover infections when exposed but I suspect that it is magnitudes higher that those with natural immunity.  In addition I am hearing that the effectiveness of the "vaccine" wears off over time but the last I heard (hard data) about natural immunity is those with natural immunity are good for life.

Now it seems that another matter is surfacing.  Once again it seems that the data is coming out of Israel (I wonder why we never hear of such data coming form the USA?).  This  hard data is in relationship to "treatments" that are effective once someone is infected by COVID.  As near as I have been able to determine - Fox News is the only news outlet talking about treatments.  The most expensive treatment is antibodies but I understand that there are inexpensive treatments with excellent records.  The problem with treatments is that the sooner one is treated following infections the more effective the treatment is.  For best results one needs to start treatment within 3 days of having symptoms but as near as I can determine there are no recommended treatments until someone is seriously infected to the point they require hospitalization. 

Okay - if we put 2 + 2 together it appears that the best approach to ending the pandemic is not the "vaccine" but rather treating those infected within 3 days of showing symptoms and allowing them to obtain natural immunity.  In short - the best defense against becoming sick is one's own immune system and when necessary doing what is necessary to help one's own immune system.

The Traveler

On 11/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, mordorbund said:

I find it extremely dangerous to allow third parties to extrapolate a legalistic framework for your religion (or more accurately in this case, for your acts of conscience) and bind them on you.

It looks like they based that list on an Internet rumor that was later debunked.  For example, Aspirin was discovered in 1853, over a hundred years before HEK-293 was available to researchers, which wasn’t discovered until 1977.  The same is true for Ibuprofen, which was discovered in 1961.

2 hours ago, LDSGator said:

If anyone here gets the booster, take the next day off from work. I got my booster Saturday and yesterday I felt awful. 

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-denmark-public-health-health-453163d8f93618fde90c06d3474921a0

If you get the Moderna shot, go right straight to the emergency room. 

Five countries in Europe have restricted the use of the Moderna vaccine because of an incidence rate of heart inflammation in minors. Anyone under 30 is not to get the vaccine at all, while anyone between 30 and 60 is only to get the vaccine if no other vaccines are available. 

Basically folks, Moderna is potentially more dangerous to your kids than Covid itself. 

Edited by Ironhold

2 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-denmark-public-health-health-453163d8f93618fde90c06d3474921a0

Five countries in Europe have restricted the use of the Moderna vaccine because of an incidence rate of heart inflammation in minors. Anyone under 30 is not to get the vaccine at all, while anyone between 30 and 60 is only to get the vaccine if no other vaccines are available. 

Basically folks, Moderna is potentially more dangerous to your kids than Covid itself. 

I’m feeling a little better today, but thank you. It was Pfizer anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

Oh, stop it @Ironhold.  This sort of breathless melodrama is beneath you.  Hundreds of millions of people around the world with the Moderna shots in them.  Over 15 months of data in people over 18.  There's some indication that some young people might get some heart issues, most of which are minor and disappear on their own.

Let's put it in context:
280+ million cars in America.  Some of them have faulty seatbelts, or brakes that fail, or engines that catch fire, or something else that makes an accident worse, sometimes fatal.  Do you believe it's wise to have every American who owns a car, drop what they're doing and go to the emergency room?

Here - have some personal information:  As I've previously mentioned, I'm part of the Moderna phase-3 trial.  I got my first two doses in Aug and Sept last year.  I got my booster last week.   The Moderna folks are very concerned about the instances of myocarditis and pericarditis in the news.  They took my blood every 2-3 months for the first round.  For the booster,  I'm signed up for like three blood draws over the next two months, with 2-3X the normal phone check-ins.  If I so much as feel anything out of sorts anywhere in my chest or arms, I'm to call in immediately.  It's so they can gather data, not because they think I'll be in danger.

What they told me, matches what I'm reading in the news (including the link above).  Most of the very rare inflamed heart issues, are occurring in younger men and boys, with a tiny fraction in older men.  The vast, vast majority of those with heart issues, find the symptoms mild, and they disappear on their own with no intervention.  

I suppose if I had boys under 18 looking at a vaccine, I might get them something other than Moderna or Pfizer.  I think that would be a reasonable adjustment to the current news.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Oh, stop it @Ironhold.  This sort of breathless melodrama is beneath you.  Hundreds of millions of people around the world with the Moderna shots in them.  Over 15 months of data in people over 18.  There's some indication that some young people might get some heart issues, most of which are minor and disappear on their own.

Let's put it in context:
280+ million cars in America.  Some of them have faulty seatbelts, or brakes that fail, or engines that catch fire, or something else that makes an accident worse, sometimes fatal.  Do you believe it's wise to have every American who owns a car, drop what they're doing and go to the emergency room?

Here - have some personal information:  As I've previously mentioned, I'm part of the Moderna phase-3 trial.  I got my first two doses in Aug and Sept last year.  I got my booster last week.   The Moderna folks are very concerned about the instances of myocarditis and pericarditis in the news.  They took my blood every 2-3 months for the first round.  For the booster,  I'm signed up for like three blood draws over the next two months, with 2-3X the normal phone check-ins.  If I so much as feel anything out of sorts anywhere in my chest or arms, I'm to call in immediately.  It's so they can gather data, not because they think I'll be in danger.

What they told me, matches what I'm reading in the news (including the link above).  Most of the very rare inflamed heart issues, are occurring in younger men and boys, with a tiny fraction in older men.  The vast, vast majority of those with heart issues, find the symptoms mild, and they disappear on their own with no intervention.  

I suppose if I had boys under 18 looking at a vaccine, I might get them something other than Moderna or Pfizer.  I think that would be a reasonable adjustment to the current news.

I have a heart condition to begin with, and this has led to high blood pressure. 

I got the Moderna shot before mainstream outlets like the AP confirmed that Moderna had heart inflammation as a side effect. 

I've noted before that the first shot left me laid up longer and harder than a mystery illness I had earlier in the year that could have been Covid, and that the second shot, combined with manual labor that day, left me so bad I should have gone to the hospital. 

As you can imagine, I'm more than a little scared now, and even my mom, who was super hard core on everyone getting vaccinated, has apologized for pushing me when I was initially so hesitant. 

8 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

I have a heart condition to begin with, and this has led to high blood pressure. 

I got the Moderna shot before mainstream outlets like the AP confirmed that Moderna had heart inflammation as a side effect. 

I've noted before that the first shot left me laid up longer and harder than a mystery illness I had earlier in the year that could have been Covid, and that the second shot, combined with manual labor that day, left me so bad I should have gone to the hospital. 

As you can imagine, I'm more than a little scared now, and even my mom, who was super hard core on everyone getting vaccinated, has apologized for pushing me when I was initially so hesitant. 

I hope you are okay @Ironhold….

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Let's put it in context:

I think it's really just an individual assessment of risk/benefit.   There is zero reason, given the current data, that I would vaccinate my kids.   Beyond that, I think age, environment, personal beliefs, and health should drive whether or not you get it.   

4 hours ago, Ironhold said:

I got the Moderna version of the vaccine.  From what I've seen, I think I actually prefer it currently to other versions, at least for myself.

I am part of the older crowd though, but thus far I have not had a bad experience with it.

Granted, I am rather healthy (for my age, or even younger than my age.  For someone in their 70s I've been told I have excellent blood pressure, almost like a healthy individual in their 40s...and hopefully the lord continues to bless me).  I had a rather adverse reaction to the flu shot this year which was far worse than any Covid-19 vaccine reaction I've had (temperature shot up and got chills and such), but I was okay when I had the vaccine given.

Most of the rest of my family (children, grandchildren) from what I know have gotten vaccinated as well, though I think most of them got the Pfizer vaccine.

Another side note to go along with @Grunt's:  As it turns out our trusted medical infrastructure (CDC and NIA) and our more trusted political party to manage the pandemic has been hiding statistics regarding being vaccinated.  As it turns out the vaccine is not as efficient as natural immunity when it come to being infected, carrying the virus, infecting others, becoming hospitalized or dying.  And being vaccinated for those in the category of small risk is not as much of a benefit as advertised.   They say it is better but no one is saying how much better.  Dr. Fauci will only say that it is better than 50% are unvaccinated causing the problem.  There is still no data of any problems from those with natural immunity.

The pandemic has made a new class of billionaires, politicians and medical professionals that seem to be more interested in maintaining their new place rather than getting back to normal.  What is even more interesting is that the medical professionals experiencing the greatest benefit and glory were also involved in the research that likely is responsible for causing the pandemic.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

On 11/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Traveler said:

Another side note to go along with @Grunt's:  As it turns out our trusted medical infrastructure (CDC and NIA) and our more trusted political party to manage the pandemic has been hiding statistics regarding being vaccinated.  As it turns out the vaccine is not as efficient as natural immunity when it come to being infected, carrying the virus, infecting others, becoming hospitalized or dying.  And being vaccinated for those in the category of small risk is not as much of a benefit as advertised.   They say it is better but no one is saying how much better.  Dr. Fauci will only say that it is better than 50% are unvaccinated causing the problem.  There is still no data of any problems from those with natural immunity.

The pandemic has made a new class of billionaires, politicians and medical professionals that seem to be more interested in maintaining their new place rather than getting back to normal.  What is even more interesting is that the medical professionals experiencing the greatest benefit and glory were also involved in the research that likely is responsible for causing the pandemic.

The Traveler

Are you sure about that?

What I've read via the university research and the news say the exact opposite (and no offense, I'd trust those who actually are experts and professionals in the research community over others).

Those who have had Covid-19 have antibodies, but they do not seem to last as long as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations.  Furthermore, they are more specific (for some reason) on the Covid-19 variant they have had, and thus are less effective against alternate variants (For example, perhaps you had the original strain, it is not as effective against Delta as Pfizer or Moderna). 

What they DID find out is that the HYBRID of the two is VERY effective.  What this means is if you had Covid-19 prior to being vaccinated, or get Covid-19 after being vaccinated, you get a hyper-immunization against Covid-19 and all it's variants (they are not sure for how long a time period it lasts yet from what I can tell) that is extremely effective.  It is hoped that the boosters being given out also can replicate this  (thus far I have not seen evidence that it does, though it does boost the immunity against Covid-19...they still are not sure for how long though).

I do not know why you are blaming the CDC or NIA in this as much of our information regarding boosters have come from Israel (which is NOT connected to the US in this regard...unless you are trying to convince me of a world-wide conspiracy between all the nations of the world, nations that cannot even agree to disagree over things such as communism, oil, and power) and other nations...NOT specifically the CDC.  The CDC in many instances is just a repeater, or repeating information they have already gotten from elsewhere...information that can be gotten by others who want it if they so desire and seek it out.

The predictions of getting back to normal DIED when many in other nations refused to listen to any medical advice from professionals.  Refusing vaccinations, any efforts to curb the disease by masking, social distancing, quarantining, or any sort of item to care about those around them or their communities.  There are a multitude of Medical professionals that would LOVE to go back to "normal" as they are exhausted and the constant stream of filled up hospitals has been taking it's toll on their community with burnout and simply tired of putting up with people dying who refused to take any precautions until it was too late.

Many Billionaires and Millionaires are tired of it because they've actually LOST money during the pandemic as people haven't participated in certain activities that they used to (mostly in the entertainment industry such as restaurants, theatrical shows, musical concerts, etc).

I do agree though that there are probably some Billionaires that ARE happy about it and have been growing richer with the Pandemic as it has brought a LOT more money and business for them (Jeff Bezos and Amazon come to mind for example), and it is obvious that politicians have been making it a political issue (starting number one with Trump, though Democrats have been using that as a jumping off point themselves to ALSO garner power and support, so we see it on BOTH sides of the United States Political aisle) to tear the nation apart rather than simply sitting down and helping to end it.

I think most WANTED to get back to normal, including people like Fauci, but as people like Tucker Carlson and others who spread misinformation and lies (interestingly enough, Tucker Carlson almost took down Fox News being Fox News...they had to claim in court that no one in their right mind or who was reasonable would believe a thing Carlson was saying and that he was NOT anything related to news to be able to continue*) and people actually BELIEVED those lies...it became clear this would be endemic rather than something that could be ended by us all banding together as a community to end it when we could have at the beginning.

*Findlaw tucker carlson successfully argues nobody really believes tucker carlson is reporting facts

Fox wins McDougal Case, Argues No One Takes Tucker Carlson Seriously

NPR You literally can't believe the facts Tucker Carlson tells you, so say Fox's Lawyers

Edited by JohnsonJones

13 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Are you sure about that?

What I've read via the university research and the news say the exact opposite (and no offense, I'd trust those who actually are experts and professionals in the research community over others).

Those who have had Covid-19 have antibodies, but they do not seem to last as long as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations.  Furthermore, they are more specific (for some reason) on the Covid-19 variant they have had, and thus are less effective against alternate variants (For example, perhaps you had the original strain, it is not as effective against Delta as Pfizer or Moderna). 

What they DID find out is that the HYBRID of the two is VERY effective.  What this means is if you had Covid-19 prior to being vaccinated, or get Covid-19 after being vaccinated, you get a hyper-immunization against Covid-19 and all it's variants (they are not sure for how long a time period it lasts yet from what I can tell) that is extremely effective.  It is hoped that the boosters being given out also can replicate this  (thus far I have not seen evidence that it does, though it does boost the immunity against Covid-19...they still are not sure for how long though).

I do not know why you are blaming the CDC or NIA in this as much of our information regarding boosters have come from Israel (which is NOT connected to the US in this regard...unless you are trying to convince me of a world-wide conspiracy between all the nations of the world, nations that cannot even agree to disagree over things such as communism, oil, and power) and other nations...NOT specifically the CDC.  The CDC in many instances is just a repeater, or repeating information they have already gotten from elsewhere...information that can be gotten by others who want it if they so desire and seek it out.

The predictions of getting back to normal DIED when many in other nations refused to listen to any medical advice from professionals.  Refusing vaccinations, any efforts to curb the disease by masking, social distancing, quarantining, or any sort of item to care about those around them or their communities.  There are a multitude of Medical professionals that would LOVE to go back to "normal" as they are exhausted and the constant stream of filled up hospitals has been taking it's toll on their community with burnout and simply tired of putting up with people dying who refused to take any precautions until it was too late.

Many Billionaires and Millionaires are tired of it because they've actually LOST money during the pandemic as people haven't participated in certain activities that they used to (mostly in the entertainment industry such as restaurants, theatrical shows, musical concerts, etc).

I do agree though that there are probably some Billionaires that ARE happy about it and have been growing richer with the Pandemic as it has brought a LOT more money and business for them (Jeff Bezos and Amazon come to mind for example), and it is obvious that politicians have been making it a political issue (starting number one with Trump, though Democrats have been using that as a jumping off point themselves to ALSO garner power and support, so we see it on BOTH sides of the United States Political aisle) to tear the nation apart rather than simply sitting down and helping to end it.

I think most WANTED to get back to normal, including people like Fauci, but as people like Tucker Carlson and others who spread misinformation and lies (interestingly enough, Tucker Carlson almost took down Fox News being Fox News...they had to claim in court that no one in their right mind or who was reasonable would believe a thing Carlson was saying and that he was NOT anything related to news to be able to continue*) and people actually BELIEVED those lies...it became clear this would be endemic rather than something that could be ended by us all banding together as a community to end it when we could have at the beginning.

*Findlaw tucker carlson successfully argues nobody really believes tucker carlson is reporting facts

Fox wins McDougal Case, Argues No One Takes Tucker Carlson Seriously

NPR You literally can't believe the facts Tucker Carlson tells you, so say Fox's Lawyers

As with so many things in our current culture - COVID-19 has become political.  COVID kills it's host through what is called a "cytokine storm".  When was the last time you heard a cause of COVID death being a "cytokine storm"?  But there is a problem of other health issues also being involved.  This idea of blaming a single cause was the basis of a world celebrated and leading molecular biologist Peter Duesberg to challenge "faulty methods" by the CDC, NIH and even WHO concerning AIDS.  One "faulty method" highlighted by Peter was complete funding of care of patients diagnosed with the disease caused by  the virus and omitting all other possible causes.  Peter's predictions concerning AIDS have all come true and remain as true today (Peter also references other viruses with faulty cures).  In short this manipulating of a virus is not new and has historical president.  You can read about this in his book "Inventing the AIDS virus".  BTW Peter has since died of old age natural causes. 

One of the problems that is not being covered concerning COVID immunity is the general idea of how human immunity works.  Most referenced (especially politically) is antibody immunity.  The reason this is a problem is because antibodies will only continue to be reproduced by someone's immune system if they continue to be needed.  Because COVID kills with "cytokine storm" it is important to consider T - cell immunity as far more important than antibody immunity.  Antibodies always diminish over time.  But T-cells are produced in bone marrow and provide life time immunity.  But try to find information about T-cell immunity from the CDC, NIH or WHO with specific relationship to COVID.  Here is a link providing information of T-cell immunity for cytokine storm:   https://www.takarabio.com/learning-centers/gene-function/t-cell-transduction-and-culture/cytokine-analysis?gclid=CjwKCAiAqIKNBhAIEiwAu_ZLDhqXMLdsa0OWocbdR5GbRApuF5lL5J06GJswIDn9l1wWTfxyDCBR9hoC6PsQAvD_BwE

I will summarize this for you - those individual that have acquired T-cell immunity are immune to COVID for the rest of their life.  Antibodies; especially antibodies generated by the vaccine(s) are temporary treatments for COVID and cytokine storm.  A very important question - have you ever heard of the CDC, NIH or WHO testing or suggesting anyone be tested for T-cell immunity before requiring the vaccine?  One more very important question - is anyone (like Dr. Fauci)  involved in the higherups (management and control) of the CDC, NIH or WHO  connected directly to the profits made from production and distribution of the vaccines?

I see very little political (including media) difference in the disseminating of parcel information with such things as global warming (climate change) and a need for vaccine mandate.  It becomes not a matter of educating the public as it is a means to consolidate power and control.

The Traveler

• pam unfeatured this topic