COVID Office Chic

Carborendum

I have noticed that my mode of dress is completely re-engineered due to home office virtual meetings.

Shirt, Tie, and Sweatpants.  The virtual meetings require the shirt and tie.  But I just like wearing sweats.  They're really comfy.

So, anyone else changing their mode of dress because of recent events?

I’ve got my chair , Mouse, keyboard, and PC in my car. Today, I begin moving back into my office. I had my choice between “glad my boss isn’t coming back yet “, and “I hope he sees me because I look professional“.  I went with the latter. I think I made the right decision, because it is helping me be excited and enthusiastic about returning.

I am also bringing some non-traditional eclectic decorations that I had in my home office.  Pretty sure I will not be the only one doing that.

The newspaper I work for has a casual dress code. As long as we're not having a VIP in the office for a big interview, everyone from the publishing editor on down to myself can and will wear shorts in the warmer months simply because it's Texas and it's summer. 

As long as it's appropriate to go out in public in, we can do it. 

So other than face masks, COVID didn't change too much. 

Here is my “returning to the office checklist“

- unsubscribe from a bunch of Facebook crap I had started following

- change my phone so it no longer connects to the company wi-fi, and try to remember that Twitter, Discord, and TikTok are no longer goto behaviors while waiting for something to load, or a meeting to start. Remember to argue religion and politics on my own time.

- Office fridge is plugged back in, must get back in the habit of bringing my lunch. A dozen fast food joints, and a grab and go cafeteria full of crap I shouldn’t eat, or just one hunger pang away.

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I have noticed that my mode of dress is completely re-engineered due to home office virtual meetings.

Shirt, Tie, and Sweatpants.  The virtual meetings require the shirt and tie.  But I just like wearing sweats.  They're really comfy.

I’m in the same boat: comfy clothes are where it’s at.  I finding myself resenting having to ditch them for something less comfortable if more “professional “. Fashion is silly. 

4 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I feel most comfortable in nice clothing. I actually despise comfy clothing unless I am sleeping or have been working really hard all day. Even when I was younger, if I intended on staying inside all day and playing video games, I could t do anything till I had showered and was looking nice. Jeans and a button up are the best 🤘

slacks and a white dress shirt though… I despise that too

1 hour ago, Fether said:

I feel most comfortable in nice clothing. I actually despise comfy clothing unless I am sleeping or have been working really hard all day. Even when I was younger, if I intended on staying inside all day and playing video games, I could t do anything till I had showered and was looking nice. Jeans and a button up are the best 🤘

slacks and a white dress shirt though… I despise that too

I don't know if I like truly nice clothing, but I hate being slovenly. No to all-day pajamas

12 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Yes, actually. 

‘Scuse me, but that was one of MY comrades who smelled a rat there. ;) (Though I freely agree that without  @mirkwood’s comrades being at the house in-person to do the hard stuff, the work of my comrades doesn’t count for a lot).