Fun Game -- How Many States Can You Name on This Map?

How many of the States can you name correctly on this map without looking at another map or help from anyone else?  (I got 46 out of 50 correct.)

united-states-outline-map-numbered-best-

I will post the answer key later.  Post your scores if you wish.

Here is how some people from Britain did:

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

One game I play is to try naming all 50 states. I walk through a mental map of the US from West to East, or sometimes from East to West. I can get them all roughly half the time. The other half I will miss a state, usually a Midwestern state like Wisconsin or Minnesota or Arkansas, or else one of the small New England states.

Sadly, I can't do the state capitals. I can only get maybe half.

My effort. Spoilers...

(Select to see)

1 WA 2 KS 3 MT 4 OR 5 ME 6 VT 7 NH 8 NY 9 PA 19 OH 11 WV 12 VA 13 ND 14 MN 15 NV 16 CA 17 ID 18 WY 19 SD 20 NE 21 MA 22 NJ 23 CT 24 RI 25 CO 26 TX 27 IA 28 NM 29 UT 30 AZ 31 OK 32 MO 33 IL 34 KY 35 TN 36 AR 37 FL 38 NC 39 GA 40 AK 41 HI 42 AL 43 MI 44 LA 45 SC 46 WI 47 MI 48 IN 49 MD 50 DE

This is a much a test of remembering state postal codes as of political geography. 

Edited by Vort

I got all 50, but it was a guess for three pairs. 

I couldn't remember which was north or south (Arkansas v Missouri).  Then I remembered the Missouri Compromise.  So, Missouri was north, Ark, south.

I mixed up Illinois vs Indiana.  But I happened to guess right.  So, that still counts.  Same with Wisconsin vs Minnesota.

So, given those uncertainties, I got all 50 correct.

I got all 50. Like @Vort
i frequently do the mental exercise, end up with 48 or so, then spend the next 30 monutes racking my brain for the two I missed.

Having served a Canadian mission, some Canadians observed that Canadians are better at correctly picking out many of our 50 states than Americans are at identifying many of their 10 provinces.