LDS Trivia and Puzzles Game Sessions

Jeremy A

Hello, fellow LDS Trivia and Puzzle players:

(First, thanks to the admins for letting me post these. It's difficult to find players these days.)

It's been a while since I last tried to have a game, which was back in April. I have made some changes since then, and I'll go over those in a moment. Even though it's the fourth of July here in the states, I'm hoping to have a game either today or tomorrow. For today, a game can start anytime between 3 PM and 8 PM Pacific Daylight Time. For tomorrow, I hope to have one between 10 AM and 3 PM. Tomorrow is Family Home Evening, so I don't want the game to go over to interfere with that.

If there's confusion as to when that occurs in your time zone, compare your time with Seattle, Washington, and adjust times accordingly.

The game is still on the DALnet IRC network in channel #lds_trivia. More information is on the website, including methods of accessing IRC.

If I included all updates to the game, this post will get long fast, so I'll present a summary with more information on the website:

• Puzzles and word scrambles now have rules regarding length. Word scrambles will not contain more than three words, and puzzles will have a minimum of four words, ignoring conjunctions, articles, and most small prepositions. I have a list of words that do not count to create consistency.
  • I increased and changed puzzle values. Puzzle values now start at 6,500, 250 for each letter in the alphabet, and I increased vowels to 1,000. Values decrease with each letter guessed and revealed.
  • Word scrambles can now be questions. Rules for scrambles and questions combine. All scrambles are level three with no category appearing in the question itself.
  • I added rules in case I make a mistake, which can happen. There are five scenarios I made rules for. Since the game is live, anything and everything can go wrong, but I hope to keep that to a minimum.
  • Finally, I adjusted the bonus round. I decreased the time added for levels five to eight to the same pause used when asking a question in the regular game. Additionally, if someone gets a level eight question right, they'll earn 1,250 points and go back to level one.
  • I fixed some bugs and found more and probably created some when trying to fix some.

I hope to see you there.