Summer plans?

pam

Okay so what's on your summer plans?  What have you done?  What do you have plans to do?

In a few days I'm driving to Atlanta to watch the San Diego Padres beat the Atlanta Braves.

The first full week in August I'm flying to Las Vegas for a week long convention.  I'm really excited about this one.  3 private concerts.  Dan +  Shay, OneRepublic and Pitbull.  

In September (I realize it's not summer) my daughter is coming out for a week.  I haven't seen her in 2 years due to us moving to Texas and then of course COVID.  So excited for this.  

This week, I plan to work.

Next week, I plan to work.

The week AFTER next week...

...I plan to work.

The week after that, I'm planning to work.

The first week in August, I plan to work.

The second week in August, I'm working.

BUT THE THIRD AND FOURTH WEEKS OF AUGUST, I'M GOING TO HAWAII! (And taking my computer, in case I need to work.)

After I get back, I plan on going back to work.

I can tell you my planned schedule for September through December, if you want.

1 minute ago, Vort said:

I think I get the idea.  :P   

1 minute ago, LDSGator said:

That’s going to be so fun! 

Yes it is.  I ended up with an extra ticket.  A friend said he would go but he has yet to pay me for the ticket and I purchased it 3 months ago.  So much for that $75.  I can't imagine doing that to a friend.

I shuttle my kids around. We got a pool pass and a museum pass.

I dream of decluttering the house once and for all.

I participate in sneaky ways to water my vegetables and dream of expanding my garden in competition with my new next-door neighbor who is obsessed with gardening and has no appreciation for the fact that for years her home was the place with the ugly yard that made the rest of us look good and she has no right to change the status quo. But right now my lavendar is looking great and she can't get hers to start, so take that!

Just now, pam said:

Yes it is.  I ended up with an extra ticket.  A friend said he would go but he has yet to pay me for the ticket and I purchased it 3 months ago.  So much for that $75.  I can't imagine doing that to a friend.

Sorry that’s happening to you, but baseball is baseball. At least you’ll enjoy a game. 

and we’re only a few hours from Atlanta. You should have told us. 

Sorry that’s happening to you, but baseball is baseball. At least you’ll enjoy a game. 

and we’re only a few hours from Atlanta. You should have told us. 

Well darn it.  I wouldn't have thought you'd want to drive up to a game that wasn't a Florida team.  :)  

2 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

No worries. Next time. Enjoy the game!!!

I'm sitting at the 3rd base side so I'll be able to drool over Fernando Tatis the entire game.  :P   

2 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

That guy is spectacular. I haven’t had a chance to see him yet. You are so lucky. 

Well you are welcome to come but unfortunately I just have the one ticket.  :(  

It’s the series after the All Star Game-19th to the 21st, right? 

Yes.  I'm going the 19th.  

Went to Hawaii a few weeks ago. I’m not a very fun person to vacation with because Im often somewhat stoic about supposed exciting things. My wife always asked “are you just so excited!?l” and my response was always “ummm… sure :)” 

I was asked the other day “did you love Hawaii or what!?”. My honest response was “I mean… not really, I am having just as much enjoyment here at work as I was there. There were definitely some cool things and it was beautiful… but I don’t love it any more than I love the every day grind”

Just now, Fether said:

Went to Hawaii a few weeks ago. I’m not a very fun person to vacation with because Im often somewhat stoic about supposed exciting things. My wife always asked “are you just so excited!?l” and my response was always “ummm… sure :)” 

I was asked the other day “did you love Hawaii or what!?”. My honest response was “I mean… not really, I am having just as much enjoyment here at work as I was there. There were definitely some cool things and it was beautiful… but I don’t love it any more than I love the every day grind”

You are strange.  :P   

12 minutes ago, Fether said:

I'm hoping to enjoy Hawaii, but unlike Sister Vort, I'm not really a lie-on-the-beach-for-hours type of person. I'm sure I will enjoy being in Hawaii, but I'm secretly doubting that it will be The Greatest Experience Of My Lifetime. I'll be overjoyed if it makes the top ten.

Just now, Vort said:

I'm hoping to enjoy Hawaii, but unlike Sister Vort, I'm not really a lie-on-the-beach-for-hours type of person. I'm sure I will enjoy being in Hawaii, but I'm secretly doubting that it will be The Greatest Experience Of My Lifetime. I'll be overjoyed if it makes the top ten.

Are you going any time soon?  I lived on Oahu for 3 years.

1 hour ago, Vort said:

This week, I plan to work.

Next week, I plan to work.

The week AFTER next week...

...I plan to work.

The week after that, I'm planning to work.

The first week in August, I plan to work.

The second week in August, I'm working.

BUT THE THIRD AND FOURTH WEEKS OF AUGUST, I'M GOING TO HAWAII! (And taking my computer, in case I need to work.)

After I get back, I plan on going back to work.

We must go to the same travel agency, minus Hawaii.

I'm planning on harvesting a bunch-o-watermelons.

But that may not happen...

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had proper time to tend to the garden.  So, I may be lucky to get just one melon from each plant.  I've had two die on me.  So, that leaves 6 plants remaining.  If I get 6, I guess I'll be happy.  But it's a shame I didn't have proper preps to do more.

We did Independence Day weekend in Big Bear Lake, CA.  That was fun, our first time up there. 

I just started a new job this week, so no vacation for me for 3 months :(  My side of the family is having a reunion up at Bear Lake in UT (No relation to Big Bear).  My wife is debating on going with the kids or not since I can't make it. 

And just staying indoors as much as possible.  Southern NV in the summer is 🔥