STOP PRAYING FOR RAIN!

Fether

Our house wasn’t really affected, in fact I laughed when a city wide warning text hit my phone saying people should stay inside unless there was an emergency… didn’t realize on the other side of town things were so bad.

2AA406DE-7418-4D19-9813-AF234F67D34F.jpeg

B1B91D56-9ED4-40CD-8BC0-39DD8EE65DD2.jpeg

Edited by Fether

Dude, think I would have stayed home.  Shopping in that rain is crazy.  

I know that a year supply of food can be a challenge. But comeon, everyone should have an 8 hour food supply.

Send that rain to the West coast.

Edited by mikbone

8 hours ago, mikbone said:

Dude, think I would have stayed home.  Shopping in that rain is crazy.  

I know that a year supply of food can be a challenge. But comeon, everyone should have an 8 hour food supply.

Send that rain to the West coast.

From what I understand, it was a flash flood. It came out of no where so people parked and when they got their groceries, they came out to that.

We had a flash flood on our property one year, and it surprised us.   A week of light rain, and then 30 minutes of very heavy rain did it.  There's a 3-4' high drainage pipe under the road between me and the neighbor across the street. I always thought it was stupid and overkill, until this flash flood.  We watched the neighbor's property fill up with water, and that drainage pipe was blasting water so fast there was a decent sized stream across my property and the next two downstream.   The neighbor's property was almost full, and the water was about to spill over the road, when the pipe started draining it faster than it was coming.  Neighbor and kids went running out to see the once-in-a-lifetime river running through our properties.  It was slow and calm enough that the neighbor picked up his boy and threw him into the stream.

Oh, so THAT's why we have no-build areas on our neighborhood plat!  THAT's why the drainage pipe is so large!  THAT's why 3 houses down there's a berm across that guy's property, which turned into a lake that stayed for 2 weeks!  It was all good erosion control and flood management practices!  I have to admit that I gained just a touch of respect for all the stupid hoops developers and builders have to jump through to build stuff.

Edited by NeuroTypical

We are still in desperate need for rain.  Never-the-less it would seem that the needed blessings from heaven for some are received as curses by others.  As much as the scriptures speak of not building your house upon the sand - I have wonder why the Saints (especially in Utah) have not figured out that building in a flood plane is also not a very good (wise) idea.

The Traveler