Utah Gasoline Prices Are Ridiculous

The prices on gasoline around where I live in Utah are up to around $3.88 per gallon at most stations.  I managed to find one place near me using the www.gasbuddy.com website that is about $3.63 per gallon.  Meanwhile Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada and Arizona are all lower prices than us.  Arizona is presently below $3 per gallon in most places.

Believe what you want to, but I think there is a price collusion around where I live with most businesses pushing the prices up around $3.90 per gallon.  We have an oil refinery in this State so the prices should not be this high.

If you live in Utah I would use that website to buy the best price near you.  This is just greed in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

The prices on gasoline around where I live in Utah are up to around $3.88 per gallon at most stations.  I managed to find one place near me using the www.gasbuddy.com website that is about $3.63 per gallon.  Meanwhile Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada and Arizona are all lower prices than us.  Arizona is presently below $3 per gallon in most places.

Believe what you want to, but I think there is a price collusion around where I live with most businesses pushing the prices up around $3.90 per gallon.  We have an oil refinery in this State so the prices should not be this high.

If you live in Utah I would use that website to buy the best price near you.  This is just greed in my opinion.

I'll look. I confess I haven't been actually checking the price, just sighing sadly as I watch the numbers fly up.

6 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

I understand your frustration. The funny thing about gas prices is it is all relative and it seems someone always has it better and someone always has it worse. I just came home from paying $1.40 per liter (basically 1/4 gallon, so $5.60ish per gallon) and that's because Costco has "nice" gas prices to beat the $1.50+ everywhere else in the city. Still, there are far worse prices in other parts of the country, so while I miss the days of sub-dollar-per-liter gas, I'm glad it's not worse. It's also frustrating because we drill and refine oil in the province, but still pay a premium.

On 7/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, Still_Small_Voice said:

Here is a map of gas prices from gasbuddy:  https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap?lat=38.822395&lng=-96.591588&z=4

The Traveler

The problem with that list LDSGator is who consumes 5 gallons of Tide or Coca-Cola every four to five days?  That is quite normal for many people to use that many gallons of gasoline in that time frame.  Gasoline prices were around $2.25 per gallon in December 2020.  Prices are close to 70% higher than they were about seven months ago presently.