Hello, long time reader and poster, and I need support in a hard time

Backroads

So I'm coming here after crying for half an hour on my bed. I'm going through some things and I honestly don't know how on earth to improve them. It's a multifaceted relationship mess. I've probably alluded to issues over the past months to various things, but today is a struggle. I was looking into a therapist, though haven't really gone for with this. I honestly don't know who to talk to about all this in real life; I've ventured into other forums of mine, but I get conflicting views depending on where I go which just adds to the confusion. This has led me to the point of not even sure if I should share information.  I may in fact be depressed, as this chain of good days and bad days has been going on for several months. There's been a lot of prayer and a lot of daily effort to just stay sane. 

I guess, ask questions if you want to, but I think I may have just needed to scream out "I'm miserable!" to somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Backroads said:

I may have just needed to scream out "I'm miserable!" to somewhere.

I can understand that need.  There's been a few times in the last three years I've had to go out to my car during work and just scream as loud as I could.  It helped, at least in the moment.

A general practitioner MD, your family doctor if you have one, should be able to give you a 15 (I think) question test that can start the diagnosis for depression.  That's where I'd recommend you start.

I don't know much of your background, but family is a great place to start for talking problems through.  If that's not a good option, we have ministering brothers and sisters.  It could be hard to start if you don't have a good relationship with them, but you could text them and say, "I want to help you magnify your calling, will you be available this week to talk about a problem I'm having?"  Or something that lets them know you have something serious to talk about.

For my depression, the drugs worked better than the therapy.  But getting out of a toxic work environment was what really pulled me out of it.

I wish you the best!  You'll be in my prayers. 

6 minutes ago, dprh said:

I don't know much of your background, but family is a great place to start for talking problems through.  If that's not a good option, we have ministering brothers and sisters.  It could be hard to start if you don't have a good relationship with them, but you could text them and say, "I want to help you magnify your calling, will you be available this week to talk about a problem I'm having?"  Or something that lets them know you have something serious to talk about.

A huge part of the problem is that all family and friends are just too close to the situation, at least so much I can trust for neutral opinion. But I'm in a relatively ward and I don't know my ministering teachers that well at all. The may be enough of strangers to be perfect for this.

Thanks so much.

5 hours ago, Backroads said:

So I'm coming here after crying for half an hour on my bed. I'm going through some things and I honestly don't know how on earth to improve them. It's a multifaceted relationship mess. I've probably alluded to issues over the past months to various things, but today is a struggle. I was looking into a therapist, though haven't really gone for with this. I honestly don't know who to talk to about all this in real life; I've ventured into other forums of mine, but I get conflicting views depending on where I go which just adds to the confusion. This has led me to the point of not even sure if I should share information.  I may in fact be depressed, as this chain of good days and bad days has been going on for several months. There's been a lot of prayer and a lot of daily effort to just stay sane. 

I guess, ask questions if you want to, but I think I may have just needed to scream out "I'm miserable!" to somewhere.

Wishing you all the best. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. I'd be happy to listen and act as a sounding board as well, but it sounds like you may have that covered.

I’m not sure how to help. Just don’t do the same as me, and that is to try and sweep everything under the rug. I’ve had some real trials and struggles the last 40 years. I always pretended everything was fine, and I acted as though everything was fine, but deep inside of me, I was hurting and barely holding on. I had a break down over the issues about 10 years ago. It really frightened my husband. I finally opened up and started talking. My poor husband has become my sounding board, even though he is part of my problems (not all of them.) My struggles and trials haven’t gone away, but it helps that I don’t bottle it up inside of me. I would probably benefit from talking to a counselor, and I did have a few sessions with one, until it was no longer covered financially. Talking has helped me, but the specific trials I have will never be able to be resolved. I just need better coping skills in order to survive with some semblance of acceptance and happiness.

• 3 weeks later...