Queer Mormon Theology Book?

person0

On 8/1/2021 at 10:54 PM, Vort said:

I have heard people argue very intensely, and in perfect seriousness, for the development of faster-than-light travel. The little fact that the universe doesn't work that way seems not to faze them, even a little. Reality is merely an intellectual construct, you see. It's all in how you look at it. Mind over matter. A mother can lift a burning car off her child, so that proves it.

Some people simply prefer to live in their own fantasy, whether that fantasy involves faster-than-light travel, fairies bringing buckets of gold, or God smiling upon and sanctifying homosexual unions. Ignore such people. Teach your children to ignore them. That's probably the best thing you can do.

Of course, always speak up for the truths of the gospel. Never knowingly allow others to portray falsehoods and sinful behavior as sanctified actions. But I'm sure you already do this. As for the rest, recognize it for what it is and leave such filth behind you. If it doesn't touch you and doesn't touch those you love, then it's not immediately relevant for you, and you can rest easy.

OFF TOPIC (AND NOT FROM A PHYSICIST...WHICH WILL SHORTLY BECOME OBVIOUS)...

I would think it would be like the speed of sound.  At one time it would have seemed impossible to go faster than the speed of sound, and especially if you were talking, to have that go faster than the speed of sound.  How can it then...simply by adding +1. 

It's not that simple though, because it is ALL relative.  If you are in an aircraft going faster than the speed of sound (sonic boom outside, aircraft going faster than the speed of sound), because it is a closed system, if there were two of you, the two of you could talk in the aircraft.  In theory then, as the aircraft is going faster than the speed of sound, with your voices going in the aircraft, if it travels in the same direct as the aircraft, you are speaking the speed of sound+the speed of the aircraft...because it is all relative.

In that way, the easiest way to go FASTER than the speed of light could be to be in an enclosed system that is traveling at the speed of light.  Then, you could move an object INSIDE that closed system (relative to the system, because it is relative to the system and not to light outside the system) faster than the speed of light. 

Not that it matters....and as I said...not a physicist, but I would think that could be a way to go faster than the speed of light.  If you could make the enclosed system large enough, and than have several enclosed systems in a closed system...shouldn't you in theory be able to go several times faster?

The speed of light is still retained, but as it is relative in regards to what you are traveling in, though it is faster than what is outside the system, it is still only traveling at the speed of light within the system.

Similar to how we are all speedsters going ~67,000 miles per hour, but we don't even realize it.  Add to that, we are also traveling in another system at around 490,000 miles an hour and we are booking it at over 550,000 miles per  hour!  Add to that we are traveling an additonal 2,235,000 miles per hour with the galaxy and we are getting close to going almost 3,000,000 miles per hour!

And yet we can still hear each other and see light as it normally appears!